Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TLK in School

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TLK in School

Sooo.. wow.

Explanation: Every Wednesday we have to take a class called "Positive Action", though it's more like dealing with negative emotions.

The past few weeks the topics have been "discouragement" and "loneliness". Today's topic was "jealously", and how all three relate to eachother.

So what does the teacher do? He plays the "Life's not fair.." clip from TLK. And makes have a discussion.

Also: My English teacher also used TLK as an example of a film with an instrumental soundtrack, though she didn't play any of TLK's instrumentals in class, just bits of Hakuna Matata and Be Prepared as we were exiting the class.

So.. you ever experienced TLK in school? Aha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes we have, we were playing the "can you feel the love tonight" in chorus once, and the band played the song so yeah <3

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yea, a lot, sometimes we sing hakuna matata, but I'm like the only one who know the song, and we have been singing Can you feel the love tonight and the lion sleeps tonight in the chorus conserts ... I had the files uploaded here before, but I think some Temba put them in his website after ^^ So yea, beside that, I've seen a lot of TLK in my schools

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me and a few friends in collage (what friends where there for me anyway) was bored while we was using the drilling and milling machines one time and i started to sing He lives in you and as soon as i did one of my friends started to do the african chant to go with it Even though he wasnt much of a tlk fan he knew some of the lines aswell because of the endless amounts of times he lidtened to it while his sister was .

Another time in when i was walking down the corridor and as soon as one of my teahcres saw me he started to whistle The lon sleeps tonight Because basicly everybosy in the whole collage knew about me liking the film. Which in a way i was fine with untilyou get the students who take things another way.

At the end of the collage term the whole class was gonna watch TLK by suprise (Teacher suggested it to me) until when i put the dvd in we found out the dvd player dont work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well my science teacher was teaching biology and explained abit of life from TLK.Also last year while in french i got to watch SP & TLK3 on DVD .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We used to mention it. My teacher used to be amazed to hear about Ahadi, Mohatu, and Ni for some reason 0_o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not in school--I'm homeschooled, btw--but it has been fairly significant in my family though. When it came out in the video store I wanted to see it sooo bad...I was bunches younger then...but I wasn't ALLOWED. My Grandma claimed TLK was "evil" and that she'd never let ANYONE watch it. Apparently it teaches kids to worship animals (Simba's Presentation scene was a big issue with anti-TLKians ) I was about seven or eight then...didn't see TLK till it aired on ABC in 2004...then I got the DVD right away!!! My older sister watched TLK (and hated it). She hadn't been allowed to see it either...my big brother joked that he would "tell Grandma"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there is a huge drawing in a room of TLK 2 in the room i have math i asked if i could have it "am a greedy basterd i know X3" but they said it was a present from an erlier student here befure so after that i didnt want it hehe but i think its really cool becuse its like the worst copy..its huge and exaktly as the TLK2 front cover......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We've song a few TLK songs at school.

But I was ssoooooo jealous of the Year 10s this year because they got to do the opening of TLK for their media coursework. We had to do the beginning of Baz Luhrmann's 'Romeo+Juliet'..boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't remember the reasoning behind it, but we watched it in fifth grade. We watched in tenth grade to illustrate ecosystems. And we also watched it in some sort of "general" class which everyone took in the tenth grade also. I can't remember the reasoning behind that, either. So, I've run into it a fair amount. I'll be sure to bring it up when I'm a teacher as much as I can!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We watched it in English class after we had read "Hamlet" and analysed similarities and differences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rafiki
    We watched it in English class after we had read "Hamlet" and analysed similarities and differences.
    That was definitely a good idea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rafiki
    Argh. Hamlet. *sporks*

Um, once we were going to watch it in biology during my last week of school, but we didn't. Such a tragic tale. :woeisme:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Erm... I'm kind of the only source of TLK in my school... Once I stuck up a drawing I did about TLK and I was immediately told to take it down. My school drains us of all fun and indivduality.

One day I'm gonna set up the projector in the hall to start playing TLK during the middle of assembly and I'm gonna instigate a "Stop Block". My school has this wierd program, (Don't ask why) where it just makes sure whatever is playing on the projector doesn't stop until the password is cracked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We watched it in Theatre when we were talking about Shakespeare and Hamlet and all that good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Noodle
    Well my science teacher was teaching biology and explained abit of life from TLK.Also last year while in french i got to watch SP & TLK3 on DVD .
    We used to watch TLK in French too! Only it was in french.. so no one understood it apart from me. So whoever was sitting next to me would get a continual script from me all the way through. My french teacher thought I was literally translating it as it went along, she was well impressed

Until I told her I knew the script off by heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two years ago I had to go to the preschooler's room to give their teacher something and there was a door open and on the wall in the other room there was a painting of Mufasa, Sarabi, and Simba on the wall. I went to go look at it but the girl who came with me thought it was stupid and just left after giving the teacher the thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On A School Choir Trip...

Well, The Lion King keeps managing to work its way into my life.

During my European choir tour (6/9-6/22), TLK was brought up more than once. First of all, when my group was walking on a road along a cliff in Cinque Terre, Italy, a friend brought up the famous scene of Mufasa and Scar. I didn't hear all of it, but as we were looking downward into the Mediterranean, they were definitely arguing "No, that would be Scar then..." after obviously not seeing the movie in a while.

Also, on the way back from Versailles, France near the end of our trip, "I Just Can't Wait to be King" was brought up, and people were starting to hum it. "Oh, how does that go again?" (Well, it was a choir tour after all.) After that, another friend and I got to talking when she mentioned the lackluster quality of the current Disney movies. "You know, when we were kids, the movies were instant classics, like The Lion King," she said.

It's nice to have others agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On one of the last couple of days of school my friend brought Tlk on DVD to first period and we watched like the first 30 minutes of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We watched Der K?nig Der L?wen in my German class on more than one occasion.