Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lioden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lioden

Oh....my....gosh....do you guys play this? I am hopelessly addicted and I just joined yesterday. e_e .....join me in wasting loads of time creating lion prides and breeding cool colors, this is so fun~~~!

http://lioden.com/register.php?r=9331

You start of as a male lion with randomly rolled markings (you get 5 rolls) and then you explore various areas searching for lionesses to start your pride. You have to fight things and level up and scavenge/hunt/etc, it's all quite fun. And the art is reallyreally pretty to look at.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pfffff, playing as lion, that's like going to the dark side for a hyena fan. It'd be creepy, LOL.

Seriously though, the artwork for it is gorgeous, I just don't know about signing up for a 'maintenence"-y type game. It'd be like Tamagotchi and Farmville all over again, I'd get distracted for a week or two and log back in to a decaying world of carnage and widespread neglect. I remember wondering if Farmville offered a "sell dead plants as hay" option
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Haha, yeah, I'm pretty much the same as you for these kind of games I don't like playing online games with strangers either and I hardly ever sign up for these, but today I am ill and unable to concentrate on anything serious so I figured why not get something to pass the time... xD It's not too bad I suppose, and a lot of the artwork is really nice, though I'm not crazy about the lions they use for the player avatars. I think they're just a bit "meh"

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There are some gorgeous color combos possible though. D: Look me up on there if you need any lionesses, I had trouble getting mine at first but I've built up a little pride and have some cubs on the way if you want any. :3 Course I'm kind of weird and I like the breeding aspect of games like this--combining different color/marking combinations and seeing what comes out, it's fun. Plus there is leveling, and I'm a fiend for leveling. I never finish RPGs because I love training too much to actually further the plot. xD

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I joined a while back.
    The owner of this site has done some horse simulations before I frequented. Initially Lioden hit a standstill, they were in alpha mode and were slacking. They stated they were just too busy so I forgot about it.

NOW, it's great. I'm happy to see all these variable coats and items are starting to work and they introudced more areas and implemented my idea to add friends that you CANNOT attack.
    It's a fun game, so go join!

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just joined yesterday on a whim - though, I wish I'd been able to look around the site more before signing up...most of the pages are blocked unless you're a member.
    There's more clicking and page-surfing involved than I'd like, but it is a fun way to pass time. Only time will tell if I decide to stick with it. ^__^

...some random person sent me a lioness, completely out of the blue. Is that normal?

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That happened to me too, Dare xD So I guess it is normal

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, yeah they are really nice to newbies there. xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok. I joined .. 2 days ago? 3? My two accounts are:

9644 and 9642
    *art*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Waugh, alright, I'm addicted Such a great time-waster xD I think it's kinda clever that they have time limits on basically everything, so you play for a little bit, then you have to wait, then you play for a little bit, then wait and so on... Maybe that's how they keep people coming back

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Agreed! It really is a great time-waster!

I don't normally get addicted to games like this, but for some reason this one appears to be sticking...so I guess I'll be playing for a while.
    Ye can find my accounts here: #9539 & #10268

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So glad I'm not the only addicted one. I have literally been playing at work lately, it's that bad....I'm a teacher for crying out loud! I don't have time for these things. xD

My numbers are 9331 and 10444 if anyone wants to friend or fight. x3 I also have LOTS of spare adolescent lions/cubs with various markings if anyone needs any. Will seriously juts give them to you if you want them, I feel bad running off so many. ^^;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to try it out, but I honestly don't need another time waster As much as I know I would probably enjoy it!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have my brother playing there now as user 11299.

I also modified my character to Drusus from Slava and updated his markings at 116.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ooo, you customized your lion? Link? I wanna see!

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For account 116, I renamed my lion Drusus and made him two lioness'. One I have given to my brother who joined the game as 11299, Yoko Ono. I gave him the red eyed lioness.\

On account 114, Nyoko (my other character) has have 7 cubs between his three lioness'. His markings were while the site was in Beta mode..I want to leave him that way..even though I'd love to play with the new markings.

I have some gold beetles, if anyone wants a few!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oooh, I see. Sorry, for some reason it didn't click that those numbers you were using were account numbers. ^^; *is dense* Really pretty males though!!

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If you aren't playing yet, YOU SHOULD BE.
    http://lioden.com/register.php?r=114

One of my main lions, Drusus & a random lioness of his.

They have Tsavo manes now.

They are going to build an actual genectic's database so when you breed it actually relates to the parent's genetics and not some random creation.
    They have mutation lions now. You can have a cub with drawfism, or lioness' with little shaggy manes from breeding low fertility lioness'.

It's really cool and the population is booming.
    I'm #114 & #116.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I completely forgot about this game.
    Guess it didn't stick. Ah well.
    XD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It actually stuck to me good For 1½ years I was playing Lioden constantly. Recently I've kind of drifted away from the game though; it grew boring to have to play my way to the cool areas from the beginning whenever my king changes and the need to hunt and feed the pride became more stressful than fun in the end xP I'm keeping an eye on it though, so maybe when some new super cool feature pops up I'll make a return

-----