I don't know if this topic has been broached before or not (or if all of you already know each other's stories/reasons) but I am curious....what is the story behind your screen name, if any? Also, how do you pronounce it? It is sometimes funny to find that the way I have been pronouncing people's online handles in my mind has been wrong for years.

Mine is not that exciting and reveals exactly how incredibly (un)creative I am: My real name is Kasey. I just swapped the y with an i, ta-da! *crickets* This amazing idea was cultivated by my 7th grade self in my attempt to make a DBZ fan character version of myself. x3 Lame, I know. I have always pronounced it just like my real name, though I have heard that others have said it "Kah-say" or some similar effect.

I doubt anyone is old enough to remember me from this long ago (especially since I was such a lurker) but when I first joined the archive my full username was Kasei_Tomodatchi because that was my fan character's full name. Her last name is the japanese word for "friend" with a letter t added because, as a 13 year old, I decided that it would seem more like a real last name if it were just similar to a real word but spelled different. Because that makes sense. e_e Also I found out later that Kasei actually means Mars in Japanese....which is cool because I have always wanted to be the first person to live on Mars, so yay! It must be a sign! Better fill out my Mars One application....x3

Your turn!