Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind your screen name?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Haha thank you. I like my name too. It's nice to have a name that isn't so common.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My name is shortened from "revontuli", which is Finnish for the aurora borealis or the northern lights. Literally translated it means "revo's fire", which in turn is based on an old folklore by the Sami people living in northern Finland and Norway. In said folklore, the northern lights are created by a fox ( = "repo") whisking the snow with its tail and causing it to sparkle.

So I guess it would be more appropriate for my avatar to be a fox rather than a lynx . Meh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was... young? And modeled my character after Zira originally and she was a bad guy character. She was a murderer out for vengeance and I decided Killress was more feminine than Killer :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love your story CGW, I think that's great

I was watching Chicago yesterday and was reminded of the origin of Razzle's name. There's the song "Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle", you can guess the rest. I believe Razzle was created not too long after the movie was released on dvd, which is when I would have first seen it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a great story CGW! I've always liked your username too, it sounds so nice and refreshing haha...

Man Sharifu, I wish I had thought to name my fursona like that. Audra is a really pretty name too
    My fursona's name (Tanzer) literally doesn't mean anything haha. Then again Sombolia literally doesn't mean anything either so I suppose it's the theme of things.
    I just looked it up and my name means "hero" which in Swahili is "Shujaa". Pretty cool but I don't think I could change my fursona's name hehe, it's stuck.

Wow Revo, I never knew that! That's so cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    So I guess it would be more appropriate for my avatar to be a fox rather than a lynx . Meh.
    Lynxes are winter-y, I've seen wildlife photos of them dusted with sparkling snow, it works What a lovely folktale that is.

Sombolia, I always think of "sonambulence" as the root of yours when I see it, it's just how my mind fills in the blank though I guess

And Kasei....boy I mangled it. I've been saying Kay-sigh. D:
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    ^ Helps that Audra is an awesome real name in the first place, too. I don't know where or how I learned your RL name but whenever I hear it I think its great. < / off-topic FYI >
    My same reaction to when she told me her real name for the first time!

As of then, I told her, when I should ever get a daughter, I'd ask her if it's OK to use her name
    (mind you, I don't want kids, but I do know their names, for these invisible creatures )

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aww, it's nice to think so many people like my name.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Sombolia, I always think of "sonambulence" as the root of yours when I see it, it's just how my mind fills in the blank though I guess
    Haha, I never thought about that!

Man, I don't want kids either, but I know if I have a son I would name him James I've always loved that name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is fairly simple to explain, I like the Lion King...which is where the Lion King part came in and because my first name is Stuart and most people call me Stu I plonked it onto the end and gaffertaped it together to form the wonderful name I have this day
    ....other than that people just call me LKS, because it's easier
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, obviously Mufasa for a name doesn't have much of a story; I like Mufasa. A lot.

I was Utora before and that was a character I designed to be Sarabi's sister, ended up liking the name and applying it to my previous character....that which I've retired now and am in the process of devloping a new character.

Utora was also the name for some gas station in Japan I found out...

o.o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow this is a cool thread! Kasei, I always pronounced your name like "ka-say" x3 Learning new things every day, right?

As for me, Eva Janus was a weird one to come up with lol. First of all, I had made a lioness character back when I was a kid and she was originally a white lioness named Eva and she was a goddess. I don't remember where I saw it, but I thought that the name Eva meant life, so I gave the goddess character that name. Anyway, one day I decided to take her on as my fursona and drop the goddess aspect. Later on, I realized there were other Eva's in the fandom, so I wanted to distinguish which one I was. So i added the name Janus afterwards. I go by Eva, but Janus is just like a random second name lol.

Janus is the name of a Roman god and it is where we get the month name January. He was the god of doors, of beginnings, and he was two-faced. For some reason I just really liked this god and I loved his name, so I took it as part of mine, thus creating Eva Janus. Sometimes I spell it Eva Ianus because in Latin there were no j's, they used i's.

It is pronounced "ee-vuh" and "yah-nus" ;3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ....it's a song.

FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFI LLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILL ERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLER
    FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFI LLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILL ERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLER FILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLERFILLER

And that's how it happened folks
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    William Rabbit (Sonique). I usually go with rabbit/deer/fox/pony combo with some user names, but Sonique's my primary nick. I picked it because Sonique's my fave media player.
    "If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I miss your old nickname, the number that you used back in 05. All I remember is Sonique****37™

and I still remember how you gone for quite a while over traveling from December till May.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    ....it's a song.

All of the "filler" is completely unnecessary.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Guntur for being a memory stick for me.

P.S. Thanks to you too HasiraKali for my password reset/retrieval.
    "If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William Rabbit View Post
    Thanks Guntur for being a memory stick for me.
    Hey, who couldn't forget the Golden years, Including those YM voice conference and YM Karaoke.

(12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good to have you back, dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowland View Post
    ....it's a song.

Lmao well that was a simple explanation