Bumping this, because why not. This thread has some cool stories!

This is the story of probably the most unispiring username choice ever TM.

It all begins back when I was 7-8 and read a children’s book called “Alpha+Romeo” (pretty good book) by Estonian writer Jaan Rannap. At some point in that book, a small girl has a plushie of a dog, which she calls Kossu. I don’t know why, but at the time I thought it was a cool name.

Around 2004 I decided to join TLKFAA and I was also on the process of creating lion characters. I was trying to think of an interesting name for my lion mascot/username and then I remembered the name Kossu, which kind of sounded like Kovu, so I thought, mmm, coool. And thus the character was baptized and I found my username too. At some point later, I googled the name (hoping to find a cool meaning behind it) and I was surprised to see alcohol bottles popping up on my search results. A Finnish buddy of mine at the time, MoonyMeya, and the artist Timali pointed out that Kossu, also known as Koskenkorva, was indeed a popular alcoholic drink in Finland. The name stuck with me and I’ve kept it since then on my TLK related sites.

Side story: I’d been obsessed for years with purchasing a bottle of Koskenkorva, which was incredibly difficult(the only relevant drink I could find was Finlandia, which from what I heard is something different). A friend that travelled to Finland 3 years ago brought me back a bottle though, thus the quest has finally come to an end.