Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: What's the story behind your screen name?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My nickname is actually 10 years old. Invented by my dear friend Tabbiefox. Some friends used to call me "lvik", which is cute form for word "lion" in czech language. He drew a picture for me and put title "lw33k" on it just make "lvik" more cooler. I like the fact that if an english speaking person read "lweek" he make sounds very close to how "lvik" sounds in original. So I have began using this nick and I still like it.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've had many online screen names, but "Dare" is the one I always wind up coming back to and the one that most online folks associate with me. I've been using it since I joined the TLK.forum in '99, but it originally stems from an old offline nickname I got when I did some pretty stupid physical stunts as a tot. You know what scene where Banzai lands in the giant thorn bush and gets turned into a pincushion? That actually happened to me once (before the movie came out, though).

Anyway, I decided to go with "Dare" because it was short, easy to remember, and unique on a forum full of names inspired by TLK (I used to keep a chart of how many ___Kiaras there were on the forum, so I wouldn't get anyone mixed up), Balto, Pokemon and/or other Anime. The way it's pronounced, though, varies on the context - "Dare" doubles as an RP character. As an RP character, her name is pronounced "Day-reh". When it's me (hullo!), it's the plain ol' mono-syllabic English-pronunciation of "dare".

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.