Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Your Jobs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow! That's awesome, Fendi! I really hope things will turn out great for you. Let us know how things went

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well well, I got a new job offer a few days ago. I'd be working in a specialized clinic for dental prosthetics, and it's in a city called Queretaro, about 200km away from Mexico City.
    It's not exactly the place I wanted to go to, but it still seems very promising, and it looks pretty gorgeous! The University there also has the specialty I want to study, so I might as well do my masters there, if possible.

This might just be the kind of new beginning I need I think I'll take it.
    Another plus is, I'll be able to easily go to Mexico City and see TLKoB, woohoo!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ooh, that's exciting news Leor! I feel like I want a new beginning too. Good luck with everything and congratulations!
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New beginnings sound great, new people to meet and places to explore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations Leor, We're all proud of you man.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Nice to know that Emilio, I wish you all luck in your new challenges there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirauni View Post
    Wow! That's awesome, Fendi! I really hope things will turn out great for you. Let us know how things went
    I'm not looking forward for the event to be honest, I have been delayed couple of times.

Actually I'm looking forward for record more music for the band, I was at the studio and they treat the band equally and full of ideas. I'm looking forward for next session than anything.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Congrats on the new job Leo! Hope it's going well.

I also recently made a career switch...guess that new beginning vibe is floating around, neh?

I resigned from teaching this summer and moved 800 miles from home to basically take a year long sabbatical to work on my art. After 5 years of trying to make it work I decided I just had to go all in for illustration instead of trying to find time for it in my crazy packed schedule. I figure if I fall flat on my face at least I can always go back to teaching or use the education degree to get into some other line of work since education is one of those ubiquitous type careers.

So...I guess technically my new job is that I'm unemployed right now? xD Or rather, self-employed. But hopeful! I actually made some cool animation/illustration industry connections before I left Texas that I will be keeping in touch with as I improve. Hopefully they can help me get to where I'd like to be.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wanted to say that me and my band performed in Northern Malaysia on New Year's week, sadly it didn't get paid because there's absolutely zero crowd except for other bandmembers and photographers. So there's no absolutely paycheck sadly.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    2 weeks ago, I had an evaluation from my current job, amazing! I'm super social, I'm super nice according to my boss, I make an effort to fit in, the team-building day she was amazed on how well I did (even with the panic disorder, being dumped in a clue-room with no way out).
    All extremely positive things.

Where with my previous job, nothing but lies and negative comments about me, and me being anti-social and bla bla.

My boss now keeps saying the person I'm replacing is not going to come back, neither is the other person (1 has MS, the other healing from cancer). So that's 2 people they lost, so hopefully I get to stay there for a longer time (now, I'm only guaranteed untill the end of the year).

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's really great Nath, congrats! It's always nice when someone recognizes your efforts.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was almost gonna cry, haha!
    'Cause my previous job was that bad. The job wasn't bad, the people were! I'm in a very different envirement right now, so people are very different there in opinions and such, I just fit in more.

My boss also told me she recognizes a lot of her in me, and I kind of feel the same way about her, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's so awesome Nathalie, very glad to hear it
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, just want let you guys know that I'm working with Uber car now, This is typically my type of job to be honest, working way before the sun rise and go back home after noon around 2 or 3pm. Hopefully this paycheck is even better for building my new PC.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Uber? The cab company?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's Nice zack, I just hope there is no fight with the taxis drivers, as here there is a lot of violence of the taxi drivers against uber drivers. They don't want the competition...

I still work on the same job, but I received an upgrade and no longer work directly with the public (which was a real gift for me, I was becoming stressed of so much stressed people in front of me)

Right now I'm producing smartcards which our clients will use to access the on-line system. As that card has it's signature and photo, I do the upload of those, adjust, then print the card itself

Well, is not the best job in the world but is better than many others

Enviado de meu LG-D337 usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sooooo ... End of this month I should be able to know if get to stay for a bit longer at my job.
    It's merging with another company. I also got the e-mail where I need to pick what I'd like to do after the merge.
    I feel it's really unsensitive of them to ask me what my choices are, if they don't wanna take me along after the merge :/

And as much as I hated my old boss, that much I'm loving my new boss, haha, she's amazing.
    My supervisor not so much, but I've managed to put her into place every single time (in a polite way off course, hehe).
    Keep saying I did stuff wrong, while I didn't, but I can clean up the mess, how is that making the one who made the mess learn from it?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering I'm 17, I've only had two jobs. One was a lifeguard at a pool, and currently I'm a lifeguard at a resort water park. The first one paid minimum wage and the second one gets me eight bucks an hour. As for difficulty, the water park job is incredibly taxing and usually leaves you drenched in chlorine and your own sweat. But, money heals all pain I suppose.

As for a career, I'm looking at commissioning into the Air Force and either flying, working in the Office of Special Investigations, or fighting as a TACP special forces operator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice, what a great choice for your future. I know few of the members I know here are working with the army. Working with the Special Forces sounds promising.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntur View Post
    Nice, what a great choice for your future. I know few of the members I know here are working with the army. Working with the Special Forces sounds promising.

Thanks, Guntur! Ever since I started doing things as a cadet, the military, and the Air Force specifically, has absolutely drawn me to it. I want to do important, exciting, perhaps a bit dangerous, and meaningful work that has me traveling around the world and doesn't leave me at a desk. TACP is a really interesting career field, too. They're the Air Force guys who fight on the ground with Army Rangers and call in close air support. Really high speed group of people, they are.