Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Jobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Hope you will figure out which company you want to work Sharifu, I've been there once and it just torn apart about doing sales, and a desk job like 3 years ago, it just a pain to think about it.

I just received an update about my Google Street View job, The interview was a little hiccup or. S***, now they done it again, I may or may not start my job on second September because they are having a hard time sorting me out on their schedule. what's the fun part is I need to move to my new house on the same day which is 2nd of September, If they couldn't find me a slot on Tuesday, I'll be happy to help my mom moving to a new house.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I am just going to stick to Whole Foods and call Trader Joe's tomorrow and told them I accepted a job somewhere else... It probably would of looked better if I did that earlier, but oh well, I just wasn't sure what to do.

Guntur, are you just not sure when you start your job? I hope that is the case and you're not sure if you have the job at all. I know scheduling issues with jobs can be annoying. I had problems like that in previous jobs.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Audra, congrats! Whole Foods is great to work at. I really wanted to work for them when I lived near one but by the time they offered me a job I was already working somewhere else -.-

Did you know you get a discount on groceries at whole foods? They're one of the only grocery stores to have a staff discount. They're also really really good at making community donations, and they're named one of the best companies in America to work for. Here's a cool list-type article if you want more info
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/w...grail?s=mobile

as for me, I've been promoted to manager at the award-winning indie bookstore I work at so I'm really excited about that I have full creative control of the store and get to be my own boss.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow, that is super cool, SS! That sounds so fun

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Sharifu I'm not sure when is my first day of my job. My Job finder company said they will follow up tomorrow which is my first day job that they planned. Also on the sight note that Tomorrow is also the day me and my mom move to a new home. Yeah there's a lot of "schedule conflict" at the moment.

Good to hear that you're the store manager now SS, It would be neat to be a leader in the store.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I start September 9th at Whole Foods! So relived to have a job again.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hope you like your new job. sucess there!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope so too, after how I was so unhappy being at my last job. But I am really lucky to know someone who works there and I know that he is honestly happy working there. Most people are not that lucky to know someone who works at their new job and get their honest opinion of working there.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How's the job at Whole Foods? I know you might have only had one or two shifts, but hopefully it's going well
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's only been orientation so far, and there is still another day of it. But it seems fine so far. The only thing I feel a little disappointed about is that there is blackout dates to request time off. I can't request any time off on Christmas Eve or the three weeks before it. Although I kind of expected that because this is retail, but still... I was hoping to request some days off to go to Oregon for Christmas, which I could do, but I wish I could start that time off a couple days before Christmas Eve. If I worked on Christmas Eve, by the time I get to Oregon, it would be so late at night, past midnight I'm sure. I wish my mom only lived an hour or two away, not seven. Oh well. Don't get me wrong I am glad to have the job. I guess the black out dates are weird to me, even though I worked in retail before, there was no black out dates to request time off. Oh well, that's life. Can't have everything you want.

But this has nothing to do with the actual job. It seems fine so far. Hopefully I'll like working on the register there.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Theres is no chance for them come to your home spend christmas with you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They could, but, it's harder for them to come here. We are renting a bedroom in a house. There is two other room mates. There would be no extra bedroom for my mom, sister and nephew. They could sleep on the couch and an air mattress on the floor of the living room, but I can't imagine they would want to do that for very long. Plus it's hard on my mom to travel and be away from home too long since she is sick. Plus I don't think my room mate even has Christmas ornaments to decorate a Christmas tree... (I could be wrong though, I haven't asked him yet) We could always buy some I suppose, but my mom has so many.

But I decided to try to request off the week after Thanksgiving, I can go there, visit my mom and Bella (our dog), and set up the Christmas Tree then. Then when I come back up on Christmas Eve, all the decorations will be done and everything. We'll see... If we don't get that time off. Well I guess we'll just have to make it work here, or delay Christmas and celebrate it on a different day.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not uncommon for there to be blackout holiday dates. It's partly because it's the retail busy season, and also partly because it would be unfair to allow some people to have holidays over Christmas, and others not. It's the same at my work, although I was lucky with going overseas, I guess because I was always gone for such a long time they didn't have much of an option.

Hopefully you can figure something out. If not, you can still have Christmas celebrations a little bit before or after. Glad to hear that the job is going well so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well there's one bad news for me. The company that I worked has terminated me from working not for the personal reason, but over dispute between The company and the government and they said they couldn't help me on this one so they let me go sadly. And I will not discuss what the issues are because it's under confidential agreement that I signed during the interview which is very strict and tight.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @Audra: I hope you can manage a way to spend christmas together. job is importante but Family are too.

@Fendi: I know how bad is for employers those disputes with govern. i just hope you manage to get a new job soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm bumping this thread because I want to.

I found out last week that I was nominated for Teacher of the Year at my new school. They only nominate 8 teachers a year, and my name made the cut. That means it was put in several times. I didn't win (didn't expect to anyway), but it made me feel really good to be nominated, especially in my first year there. In my four years at the old school I never got ANY kind of recognition, despite having my kids ranking consistently in the top 3 for benchmark scores last year and the top 5 the year before. I never received any kind of praise or even just a "good job" from the principal. I sent a picture of the ballot to the librarian there and she said she's going to show it to her to show her just what she lost. I don't know, it made me feel good to finally get some kind of recognition for what I'm doing.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That must have felt so great, I'm happy for you, HK, congratulations!
    I'm glad you're finally getting the recognition you deserve ^^

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's awesome HK. Certainly something to be proud of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats HK! And very well deserved.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A very well deserve awards for you HK, And it's a Christmas present too.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group