Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Jobs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks Thiago.

Wow, I just got a phone call for an interview at yet another Whole Foods store. She did ask me if I had any other interviews, and the guy who called me earlier from a different Whole Foods asked me the same question. I wonder why they were asking me that, maybe because it's been a week or so since I applied to Whole Foods. (I applied for a few different locations all at once)

The guy who first called me, I did tell him I was interviewed last week at a Whole Foods on Ocean Ave. But I have yet to hear from them. Then when this lady just called me now, I told her I do have an interview tomorrow at the Whole Foods on California St. She asked me if I still wanted to come in for an interview and I said yes, maybe that way I can check out both stores and get a feel for the environment.

But I did not tell either one of them that I have an interview at Trader Joe's on Sunday... I guess I was afraid to mention it. Although I will mention it at the end of the interviews tomorrow if it seems like they want to hire me on the spot. I mean they must understand I need to weigh the pros and cons of each job.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm. Can you maybe call Trader Joe's back and change the second interview appointment to a sooner time?
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Its very common for them wo ask that, I get that question a lot. I usually say I have some going on, but I never mention where, that's none of their business

I guess they wanna know if you are really available? I don't know. I feel I can't lie and say 'no' either.

They always ask tricky stuff, lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Hmm. Can you maybe call Trader Joe's back and change the second interview appointment to a sooner time?
    No, I was told that was the soonest they could get me in for an interview with the manager. But one of my room mates works at Whole Foods, in fact, the same store that I will be interviewed at first tomorrow. My room mate said he would put a good word in for me since he starts work really early in the morning tomorrow. He also told me that the hiring process takes a long time, first they would send me an email after the interview, then do a background check... He does not think I would start working at Whole Foods before Sunday, so I'm not going to worry about anything conflicting with my interview at Trader Joe's on Sunday.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's always good that you can mention someone who works there, and how great he thinks of his job, and stuff like that (just suck it out of your thumb otherwhise, haha)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well honestly, that is the truth. My room mate loves working there and is happy working there. So that's why I applied there. But I did tell them that, but I will probably mention it again if it comes up during the interview.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well good news, I was offered a cashier position at the Whole Foods Market my room mate works at.

I did go to both interviews, but at the other Whole Foods, I was honest with the guy and told him I just had an interview at a different Whole Foods and they offered me a position. So instead of having a regular interview with me, we talked about the differences between the two stores, the transportation and parking. And even he seemed to agree with me that the other Whole Foods seemed like it was a better choice for me.

I still think I should go to the Trader Joe's interview on Sunday, but I am already leaning towards the idea of Whole Foods. At my last interview at Trader Joe's, the lady who interviewed me said, "We kind of hold your availability to you for the first six months." Which I thought was kind of weird, I mean in January my school schedule will change... Whole Foods seems a lot more flexible with scheduling. Since I told her that I am not sure if I will be taking a class on Friday or not now because the class is full and I am on a wait list, and she told me it's not a problem, just let her know. Plus, my room mate works at that Whole Foods so at least I know someone who is happy working there. He says the people who work there are great.

I don't know what Trader Joe's will offer me per hour, but I kind of doubt they will offer me more then what Whole Foods is offering. But I guess I'll find that out. I will feel bad if I turn down Whole Foods though since I already accepted the position, but I am pretty sure I will want to stick with Whole Foods.

I feel quite relieved though, that I have a job now either way.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think if you did get the offer to sign, and it feels good to you, and you already accepted, then why still go to the other place?
    (remember, you got a refence there which might not look so good, if you suddenly tell them you wanna go someplace else after you already accepted their offer)

Great news!!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great news that you got the job, Audra! Glad things are starting to look up. I hope you enjoy your new job.

Any idea when you'll be starting?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's really good to hear, congratulations, Audra! Great news indeed!

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's great to hear, Audra! Congrats!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My congratulations audra! I hope you enjoy your work ate this new place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you everyone, I'm sure all your good luck wishes helped me!

Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I think if you did get the offer to sign, and it feels good to you, and you already accepted, then why still go to the other place?
    (remember, you got a refence there which might not look so good, if you suddenly tell them you wanna go someplace else after you already accepted their offer)
    Yes, I know, I know... I feel a little conflicted about this issue. I have no idea what it will be like to work at Trader Joe's or what the people are like there. I've heard good things about Trader Joe's... But at least I personally know someone who is happy at the same Whole Foods Market I was hired at . What would everyone else do? I am kind of curious to see what Trader Joe's would offer me, pay wise. I am curious about everyone elses opinion, if you were in this same situation, who would go to the Trader Joe's interview anyways, just to see if the pay rate would be higher? Although I kind of doubt it, but I wouldn't know until I asked. I guess a higher pay isn't everything... I would rather get paid a little less but be happier at where I work.

Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    Any idea when you'll be starting?
    I'm not sure yet, I have to complete and email some forms to complete a background check. Depending on how long the background check takes, I think I was told either this coming Tuesday or next Tuesday.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't think you could have been like 'I need a few days to think about it'. As that would have come across weird because you really need the job, so you could go to the other interview.

But it sounds like you really wanna go to the other interview, but you may not know directly if you would get that job either, jeopardize the one you already accepted, they might want you to start a certain date? So you might not be able to wait that long for the other one's answer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Petteri thinks I should keep the job at Whole Foods, but still go to the Trader Joe's interview just to get more experience being interviewed. I feel like that is a waste of time. Mine and the people at Trader Joe's... I see what he is saying, but still... After thinking about it some more, even if I would get paid more at Trader Joe's, I should just stick with Whole Foods, because I know someone who is happy working there, and that is important to me. After my last job at Foods Co, it was horrible, I really need to be happy at where I work. And the pay at Whole Foods is enough for me and Petteri to survive on, (added with his income) so Whole Foods will work, pay wise.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woohoo! Congrats Audra, that's so awesome! If you're not going to go to the Trader Joe's interview, at least give them a courtesy call to let them know you have another job. Then just in case for whatever freak reason Whole Foods doesn't work out, you can still apply again at Trader Joe's knowing you have a good record there, rather than if you just didn't show up for the interview.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hmm yeah, that would be kind of weird I guess, going to the interview anyways for experience. You got the job already, so I'm guessing they liked your interview, hehe.

Agree with Azerane on it too, to call them and be on their good side like that.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Of course, I do plan to call Trader Joe's if I decide not to go to the interview. I don't know why I just seem to have a hard time trying to decide if I should go or not.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what advice I could give you, sounds indeed like you feel a little torn between the 2 of them.
    I've never been in a situation like that, so I have no experience with it.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's great news!
    I can understand Sadiki's advice. My husband would probably tell me to do the same if I were in that situation. And well, I'd probably go to the interview as well. First, because of the "experience" and second, I guess I'd regret it otherwise. XD
    Yes, it could be a "waste of time", but on the other hand you never know. As long as I haven't signed a contract, I'd try to keep my doors open and I see nothing wrong with that. As long as you're honest, that is

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.