Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Jobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, I know the feeling about waiting for the outcome of an interview. For my job now I found out I got the job in the mail, but that was probably because it was a new store and they were hiring a lot of people.

Anyway, let's hope the fact that you don't watch Doctor Who doesn't stop you from getting the job. I don't see why it would though, of course. That would be a silly reason not to employ someone. And I thought Doctor Who was more sci-fi than fantasy?

Good luck Audra! I have my fingers, toes, arms and whatever else crossed for you.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well no one has called me... I guess Whole Foods is out. I was told at Trader Joe's that I should get a call by Friday, and that was yesterday. Although she said they were going to call even if they decided not to hire me. Maybe there is still hope, but I doubt it. Back to applying for more jobs. Sheesh...

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes. I think I'll still need them for other jobs I apply for.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hate when places do that. All of the schools I interviewed at last year did that, even though they said they'd call either way. At least the two this summer that didn't take me called to let me know they'd decided to fill the positions with coaches instead. I'd say give it until Tuesday before giving up all hope for these two.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks. I think I'll still apply for some other places today. But maybe I'll get a call by Tuesday. We'll see.

I think what annoys me about all this is I have over 4 years retail experience in my last job. (And even more when you combine my complete work history) What more do they want? I am friendly and outgoing, but I feel what is most important is that you are a hard worker, my manager and co-workers from my last job in Oregon seemed to think I was, they were sad to see me leave. I feel it's so hard to just get a minimum wage job lately. I mean would people rather I go on welfare, use food stamps? I want to be able to work and pay for everything myself. Petteri's income alone is not enough to support the two of us. When I left my last job at Foods Co in February, I honestly didn't think by the end of August I still wouldn't have a job.

*End rant*

But I guess I should be applying for a lot more places. Gonna start doing that today.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wouldn't give up hope just yet When I got my job at IKEA they ended up calling me back over a week later than they said they would, so as long as you haven't heard anything at all it might not be over! Hoping for the best for you

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What annoys me most are the unclear methods they use for hiring people, they should art least let the person know why they decided not to hire for that person have the chance to improve in next attempts.

Anyway, I'm one more which hope you get a job soon Audra.

Enviado de meu LT26i usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been told that a lot too, and then, a few days later I would still get the answer. So there is still some hope I guess

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah ok, well maybe there is hope, we'll see! Thanks guys.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe no news is good news. Either way, like the others said, don't give up hope yet. I wish for the best possible outcome for you.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You guys were right, I just got a phone call from Trader Joe's. I have a second job interview with the manager, on August 31 at 1:00 pm. I feel better now. Still doesn't mean I will get the job for sure, but I think the chances are higher now if I was asked to come to a second interview.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's a positive thing already! Will keep my fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's great to hear! Good luck.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wohoo! Good luck, Audra!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's very good news to hear! Good luck on that 2nd interview

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's awesome, Audra! best of luck
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, everyone! I'll let you know the outcome of the interview. I would think by the end of the interview, they would let me know if they are hiring me or not. I can't imagine there would be a third interview...
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah that's great! I really hope you'll have a nice interview. Let us know if there are any news and good luck!
    Last edited by Kirauni; May 12th, 2015 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typos...

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharifu View Post
    Thanks, everyone! I'll let you know the outcome of the interview. I would think by the end of the interview, they would let me know if they are hiring me or not. I can't imagine there would be a third interview...
    You may or may not know at the end of it.I think it depends if there's a couple other people they've brought in for a second one or not and if they've done those yet. Then again, they may just like you and hire you on the spot, which would be awesome!

Some places have a 3 interview process. My work has it, phone interview, group interview, individual interview. I got to skip my phone interview since they liked my application so much That was years ago now.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well true, that makes sense if they are interviewing more people for a second interview. I'm just not even used to having a second interview, all my previous jobs hired me after my first interview.

UPDATE: Oh man, I just got a phone call from another Whole Foods location. The guy said I sounded like a dream with so much cashier experience at Fred Meyer and when he interviews someone and likes them, he usually wants to hire them on the spot. He asked if I want to come for an interview tomorrow. If he wants to hire me on the spot, I don't know what to do. He told me what the starting pay is at least, (the girl who interviewed me at the last Whole Foods said they don't answer that question until the second interview, if you have one) and that he would try to up it a little bit because I have so much retail experience and because what I was getting paid at Fred Meyer. He told me how many hours I would get, which is about the same as Trader Joe's. I wish I knew what Trader Joe's was going to offer me for my hourly pay. That would help me make a decision. If he wants to hire me on the spot, I don't want to tell him, "Well I need to call Trader Joe's first before I can make a decision..." Ahh!
    Last edited by Sharifu; August 26th, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That´s so good to hear Audra! i really hope everything goes fine tomorow for you! (specially if they can pay you a little more)