Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Jobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    They talk behind my back (I heard them 2 weeks ago, through a door, how I only say stupid things and when it's about Disney).

So yeah ... I don't have the need to talk to them really.
    I'm also not from the neighbourhood, and they mainly talk about fancy dinners and holidays, which I know nothing about.

So she wrote on the papers that I don't care for my co-workers.
    I don't ask how the weekend was, how their holiday was.

Well, when I had my holiday in June, they didn't ask me either! And I did talk! It's after I came back from my week off, I felt like I was being even more ignored then before.

I'm very mad, that even though I talked about this 3 weeks ago, she still made a report like that about me, which is only from her point of view, instead of talking to me first about these issues!
    Because now it makes me look like I'm the real bad guy, which I'm not
    Sorry to hear that, Nathalie. I know the feeling, I've had those experiences too. Both in my previous jobs and my current one. In one job I had I used to make an effort to join in the conversation but they used to ignore me and act like I wasn't there, or pick on me and say I was doing things wrong all the time.

And tonight I've just been told off for basically talking to customers about my shift mix-up on Monday, and tonight because I had to stay over a bit because they were busy. Apparently the manager wasn't happy with how I was talking to customers about that mix-up on Monday (and I hate that because it means she was talking about me behind my back), and I now got warned about how I was talking to some customers today about having to stay over. I mean, I can understand if I was saying something really bad, but I wasn't. I was only saying things like "I wasn't supposed to be in until 6:30pm but there was a mix up with my shift" and "It looks like I'll have to stay over today then, but at least I get to leave early tomorrow". What's the harm in that? What am I supposed to do? Just ignore the customers and not talk to them? Because the customers were agreeing with me, especially about having to stay over.

I'm getting fed up with that place now. It was a great place when I first started, but more and more people are leaving (and the ones I got on with have left), especially now this new manager has started. Looks like they'll be another one less soon then.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hmm, I do think you shouldn't talk about those things to costumers right in the store itself, basically it's none of their business, but I'm a "blabbermouth", I could have easily said and did the same thing, without realizing I'm actually doing it, so it's kind of double feelings, but I think I can understand where your manager is coming from.

Certain things customers just don't need to know. Sorry if I'm not sounding so nice about it :/

As for me, I'm at another office for 2 days a week, and 1 day a week I'm at a desk all by myself at the regular office, so 3 days a week I don't have to deal with them.

But yeah, she wrote some very personal things about me in the evaluation papers, which honestly, did they have to be there?
    And "this is a very tight group", so ?? I'm only supposed to be there for 6 months. And now another 6 months. I'll be looking out for a new job in the meantime, because another 6 months as of March there, I don't think I'd want too.

My manager had no right to put some of the things in there that she did, without talking to me first!

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it's not so much the fact that I got told off about it. It's more the fact that she was talking behind my back and it took another member of staff to tell me. And it wasn't as if I was saying bad things about it. I like to be friendly with customers and make conversation with them, that's all, and when they ask me about it, it's rude not to reply.

And also the fact that she didn't tell me my shift had changed. She could've easily rang me to say it had changed and asked me if it was alright for me to work that shift. It's just courtesy more than anything, so I needed to vent about it.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hmm yeah, I can understand you from that point. They all expect so much from us, but most bosses themselves lack so many skills these days to keep a good thing going

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As I've said on Facebook, so I think a good portion of you know, I'm moving schools this year. I was so miserable at my old one, it was making me sick. But now, I'm at the school I actually attended in the 90's and I'm so excited for this fresh start. We had a new teacher meeting on Friday, and the principal talked to us about her expectations and how she likes to run the school. Everything she said is something I've been wanting from a principal since I started. I'm trying not to get too excited here, but I really think I'm going to be much happier at this school.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have a job interview at a Whole Foods Market on Tuesday. Honestly I am little nervous. I usually don't worry about job interviews and just be myself. But when I got a call from Whole Foods today, one of the questions that was asked of me was, "Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?" I told them that my room mate works at a Whole Foods store, loves working there and recommended it. But then she asked me if there was any other reason I would want to work there, and I didn't have an answer. I felt like that made me not look so good. I applied for a few positions at a few different Whole Food locations last night. After applying, the automated emails said, "If you're selected to move to the next stage of the process, you will be contacted via email or by phone for a preliminary screening. It's a good idea to have a base knowledge of our company and Core Values before then." But honestly I didn't give it much thought to do that then. I wasn't really expecting them to call me. Sounds so negative I know, but I applied for different positions for Whole Foods in May and never heard anything. I only got one other phone call in the past six months for a job, and they weren't interested in hiring me once I told them I couldn't work on Friday, even though the reason I couldn't work that day was because of a class I was taking.

Honestly I have never even shopped at a Whole Foods. It sounds really nice, and looks clean, (from pictures I have seen) and really if it wasn't for my room mate, I probably would of never thought to apply there. And another reason I haven't gone into one even though my room mate likes working there, is that Whole Foods sells pretty much only organic food. I would love to buy organic food, but it's expensive! I have heard Whole Foods is an expensive store. But still, I was lucky enough to be asked to come in for an interview on Tuesday. I feel like maybe I should go in a Whole Foods store tomorrow just to look around. I am afraid I they wont want to hire me if I never set foot into a Whole Foods before that point.

Why do retail stores want to know so much why you want to work there? I mean, I feel if I tell the truth, it's not good enough. Just that I need a job and I have a lot of retail experience, in cashiering and customer service. Shouldn't that be enough? I used to think retail jobs were always looking to hire people, and would hire almost anyone as long as they don't do drugs or something. I guess I have been pretty lucky at getting jobs in the past. But now? Not so much. It feels so much harder to just get a phone call for a job interview.

I guess I'll stop being so negative now... I guess I'll research a bit more about the company tonight and tomorrow night. I really hope I get this job. Money is so super tight right now. I don't want to have to move back to Oregon without at least finishing the classes I need to take to get my animation certificate.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whole Foods is a pretty cool store honestly. They have the best (and cheapest) cheeses from all over the world, and I LOVE the Everything Flatbreads. They have nice produce too. In apple season, they have like 15 types of apples, it's amazing. We also go there when we want to make a recipe that calls for cheese to find cheese substitute for my mum who is deathly allergic. It is expensive, but I can't forget her face when she had a grilled "cheese" sandwich for the first time. It was priceless.

As far as your interview goes, just be yourself really and truly. I'd come up with a reason for them as to why you want to work there, but what you said was clearly good enough to get a chance to interview. Maybe mention something about the environment or healthy eating perhaps. The one here is all about local and sustainable consumption. Our local "chain" grocery store is also big on local and sustainable, so Whole Foods has stiff competition with them, making the prices a little lower down here. It's still kind of high for the processed stuff they sell. Poke around their website, find the corporate one if you can. That's what I usually do with schools. It gives you talking points if nothing else, and remember that they LOVE when you ask them questions at the end, so make sure to have one or two to ask.

Good luck!

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah ok, it does sound pretty cool that they have such a big variety of cheese, Petteri and I love cheese. I think I will check out the store I will be having an interview at tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice. I do plan to be myself, but I guess I was afraid of not knowing too much about the company. I'll do some research, thank you!

And good luck at the new school you'll be working at. I bet it must feel a little strange to be working where you once went to school? I'm glad you think you'll like working there better! I hope it will be a great first year at that school.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, they have buckets in the cheese section with "$3 and under" cheeses. They're just remnants from when they cut up the regular blocks, but they're still pretty sizable. I don't think I've ever actually picked up any that were even near $3. Most of it is right around $2. Our favorite ones have been a cranberry cheddar and a Cajun flavored one. So good.

It is a little weird, but the science rooms are now in their own building, so it's almost like being at a completely different place. I did find my class's panoramic picture in the main hallway though. That was a trip, and I'm going to make it an extra credit opportunity for my kids haha.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blah, it just happened again. Me and the girl are alone today. A third person comes to help us with the mail, and the girl asks her how her weekend was, and noone asks me. So then why on earth should I be social? God, I was really looking forward to this being my last week really, but I need the money

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have never heard of a job that requires that you have to be social with other co-workers... As long as you can work together and treat each other respect, isn't that all that matters? Why do you have to talk about your weekend with other people? I'm sorry Nathalie.

Now I have two job interviews tomorrow! I have an interview at a Trader Joe's about five hours after my job interview at Whole Foods. Makes me more hopeful to at least getting hired at one of them, I hope... Fingers crossed!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    When it rains it pours! That's great. Better odds.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hope that Whole Foods works out for you Sharifu, my cousin worked at one throughout college and they paid *very* competitively compared to other food retailer jobs. But at least some opportunities are picking up either one, good luck!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If both jobs want to hire me, I wonder which I should choose. I have heard they are both good places to work... I guess it depends on the pay, how many hours they give me, and of course, the distance to work... Whole Foods is closer, so that right there is making me lean more towards Whole Foods. But I'll find out after I go to both interviews. Thanks guys. I really need a job so, I'm hoping for good luck.
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best of luck with the interviews
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck with the interviews, Audra.

I remember the interview I had for Morrisons (the store I work at now). It didn't last so long (about 15 minutes or so) and all they asked me was stuff like what I like to do in my spare time, what I would do in this situation, etc. Then they asked me to pick a fruit or vegetable, and describe it.

But yeah, I know what you mean when you say it seems harder to get a job now, even in retail. At most places here, they don't even want to hire new people, and at the store I work at we're short staffed because so many people have left since it opened.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I also wish you luck in your interview Audra, the only one i had (right now I work at a govern company, which access is done by a written test) was better than expected: I was applying to be in one job, but they liked so much my interview they putted me in a better place in the company, but I had the sure I was not ready for it, so I ended up only surviving for 3 months. (And this was good because I studied hard and got my govern job that, even not paying much, at least they can't fire me.

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, good luck on that! And please let us know how it went. I'm keeping you and your current job situation in my prayers!
    Last edited by Kirauni; August 19th, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you everyone. Still not sure if I will get either of the jobs though. I was told at both jobs, if they are interested in contacting me further, I will get a call for a second interview. Which is a little weird for me, in all my past jobs they told me after the first interview was over with, that they want hire me.

The lady who interviewed me at Whole Foods asked me a lot of questions about what I did in certain situations in my previous jobs.

The lady who interviewed me at Trader Joe's seemed more interested in my personality, my sense of humor and what my interests were. When I told her that one my interests was fantasy, she asked me if I watched Doctor Who, and I said "No, but I have a lot of friends who do, maybe I should watch it some time." I hope that didn't count against me to get that job. The nice thing about Trader Joe's is they will offer me more hours then Whole Foods. I don't know what the pay will be yet though, for either place. But I suppose that is something I will find out at the second interview, if I am lucky enough to get one.

If Whole Foods is interested, she said I would get a call by the latest, in two days. Trader Joe's will call me either way, even to just let me know they are not hiring me. She said she'll call, by the latest Friday...
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ugh, waiting for interview results is truly agonizing xP Really hope it goes well though, Audra!

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!