I work in a supermarket on the checkouts (also a checkout chick. ) I've been there since January now, since it was a new store. I quite enjoy it, at least I get along well with the people I work with and most of the customers seem to be nice. I've only had a couple of rude ones since I started... one was stupid enough to forget his ID (we do a "Challenge 25" thing where I work, which basically means if someone looks under 25, you have to ask for proof of age) so when I asked him for it since he was buying alcohol, he kicked off and started swearing, saying that he hasn't been ID'd in about 10 years, that he found it inconvenient because he had to go somewhere else, etc. Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to forget your ID in the first place, then I don't think you're gonna have much luck elsewhere.

It's not that stressful either, at least you can sit down if your legs ache and stand up if you want to stretch your legs. I only do 15.5 hours per week (don't ask me why they didn't just round it off to 16 hours) but it's something, and it's enough for me to get to see Leor. I'm just glad I'm not unemployed anymore.