2 10.53%
  • paper tissues

17 89.47%

Thread: here's a tough one ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

here's a tough one ...

Which one do you prefer ??

I personally think a hanky is absolutely gross.
    I did use those when I was little when being in school.
    It's just that, 2 blows, and it's full, lol, and if you needed it again, it'd still be wet from the previous blow

The house is filled with paper tissues
    There's a huge supply in the kitchen cabnets, there are tissue boxes all over the rooms, I love them!
    My bag is always filled with paper tissue packages.
    Can't leave the house without them.

The only time I actually use a hanky, is when I'm at home, crying or something, then I'll run to my dad's closet, as he has those huge ones.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tissues. Hankys are gross after one use...

I also carry paper tissues with me wherever I go; it's super handy

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tissues, for definite. I never use hankys. I don't fancy handling one after use, let alone having it in my pocket. Tissues are much better because they're disposable.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Remember the days when we were little, and they would teach us, you could but your used hanky inside your sleeve
    (at least, that's what they told us in school, when being 6-7 years old)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well now, when travelling for regular nose-blowing I always carry tissues or paper napkins. Have to, seasonal allergies are miserable.

However I must admit, without getting too much into details, I am a fan of more holistic reusable care/toiletry products in general, and I have a ritual of Neti Pot sinus rinsing every evening when I change for the night. Since I'm taking it off at the time anyway and already have a laundry bag of assorted other hot-water-wash-setting items, I do often use a certain article of the day's discarded clothing rather than (literally) blowing through massive amounts of expensive tissues.

And there, for your Friday, is your daily dose of TMI. *serene*

Although come to think of it, a small reserve of reusable hankys for this daily home use probably WOULD be better! :O

(And no, I will not be doing this at Disney, LOL )
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well even thought I do blow my nose always on paper I don't know if I should vote XD I hardly ever use tissue... even when I have allergies I don't get runny nose, just stuffy and blowing my nose usually doesn't do a squat. When ever I do blow my nose, I prefer toilet paper over tissue as usually when I do need to blow my nose it will go right through it... so yeah, paper but not tissue paper for me...

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tissues, simple as that. Though of course, one can run out of tissues, and even if a hanky is wet and gross, you can still wipe your nose on it, whereas you've usually thrown a used tissue out or it simply breaks apart if you try to re-use it to many times.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post

However I must admit, without getting too much into details, I am a fan of more holistic reusable care/toiletry products in general, and I have a ritual of Neti Pot sinus rinsing every evening when I change for the night.
    Neti Pot for the win.
    I do not use it religiously so to speak (every night) but when I suspect or sense there's something festering I use it. The result; I haven't had any sinus issues (or sickness at all), so it really does the trick.

In terms of tissues and hankies. I think hankies are ok on the home front so long as there's some order of cleaning them properly, but I don't really feel comfortable when somebody does it publicly, over and over and over and restuffs it in their pocket. This man at work does this..I feel awkward, but he is in our audio security department, away from me. So, I never have to shake his hand.

I prefer tissues. It's dissposal of the stuff.
    *shrugs*

My friend said though about that guy;
    "At least he's blowing it somewhere besides his sleeve, or sneezing into the air."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tissues or toilet paper for me. I wouldn't use a hanky, it's much less hygienic to carry it around with the stuff. The best to do is just blow into a tissue, throw it away, and wash your hands or use a sanitizer. You can help prevent passing on a cold or flu to someone else that way. And actually when you sneeze (and don't have a tissue with you), it's better to do it on your sleeve rather than on your hand or into the air, it's much less likely to be past on as well, since your hands are still clean.

Yeah, this is what studying dentistry does to you, you become more aware of those little darn micro-bugs, KS knows how sometimes I can get a little paranoid

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hankeys are ok for wiping your eyes (I get watery eyes a lot...) but blowing your nose on them is pretty gross, I think.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use a cloth hanky for my eyes and/or for cleaning my glasses, but when it comes to mucus, disposable is my way to go.
    Less gross, less laundry.
    XD

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Honestly, when I think hanky I think European. Not trying to generalize but, to be frank, they are not something that is very common in American culture. Any time I have seen a handkerchief it is in either in a super old-timey movie or a movie that takes place somewhere in Europe. At least not anytime in the last few generations. My grandmother would sometimes carry tissues in her pockets so I guess that's the American equivalent...? I'm with most of you in that I think, regardless of whether it's a tissue or cloth or whatever, carrying your mucus around with you after it has left your body is kind of nasty.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tissues for sure... The idea of a hanky is gross to me.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tissues...hankies are just urgh
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jags50.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Paper tissues. Far more sanitary.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Marching and Concert Band Geek Zulama's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tissues for the win! I have used hankies a couple of times in the past and it didn't work well with me. Besides using a tissue is better than a hanky because you don't have to worry about mucous staining your pockets after you blow, giving the other person germs (of course that's what hand sanitizer if for ), but it does save on the tissue usage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Paper tissues, I wouldn't even dare touch a used handkerchief
    I'm not a germaphobe by any means, but I'm the kind of person to apply hand sanitizer after everything I do.
    So why would I want to touch something that could potentially make me sick?
    Eck.

I rarely carry any paper tissues with me though, because I don't often get a cold, so I rarely have to blow my nose.
    ~ЖΔЖ~