I joined TLKFAA on Dec 23rd 2002, oh so long ago! At first, I remember admiring the likes of Jannali, Tigon, Balaa, SimbaGirl. And while their work was amazing, I think because I was so new to art and quite crappy at it still, they weren't huge influences on me, I looked up to them but was beyond the ability of emulating them. Although, Atan was the reason that Razzle came into existence. I loved his character's design so much, that I was compelled to copy it by giving Razzle a stripe along her back like the stripe on Atan's side.

It was a bit later on that I really started looking up to other artists. Artists like Kourukon, Tima and Audrey Cosmo were sources of inspiration not only for their artwork, but for their humour and story-telling ability. Other influences and inspirations were KassyNaVerdis, Kippy, Kasei (yes, you whose elephants are always inspiring and also seriously, this image), Criq (Iggy Pop), and I also found Weaver (now not on TLK, but on DA under t-weaver) to be a big influence with her different style. This list would also not be complete without mentioning Dille, always a huge influence on me, I admired her flawless sketch work to no end and also her finished coloured works as well.

And then it may sound sappy, but I found a lot of inspiration from my friends on the archive as well, from sources of conversation and their art styles and constant feedback. Wouldn't be where I am today (not posting, good one) without the feedback from my friends on the archive and elsewhere.

I'm sure there's a bunch that I've missed, particularly specific images that really hit home art-wise, but it's been so long since I've done any real browsing on the archive.

Oh, I did forget two, Paso and Kobb!