Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: changing to a new server?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im not sure if i have a legitimate say in this because i hardly post on this forum. But it doesn't mean that i dont keep an eye on it. Every time you have mentioned a "better" server it hasn't been.

Why not use a forum service like proboards ?

-Their new V5 software that came out this year is brilliant, its got full customizability and can change it to how you want it to look and be used.

-Proboards also have Free customer support

-All server management is done by them, all you need to do is take care of is the forum itself and the members

-I have never had a single server problem with proboards in the whole 7 years i have used it!

-The service is completely Free

-Yes, there are ads but they can be taken off for $6 every 50,000 pageveiws. You can even set it so only members of the forum take up the pageveiws and not random guests/bots.

-You can transfer your own domain name (even one that you have already bought) to your proboards forum for a annual fee of $13.99 (thats $1.16 a month)

No brainer in my opinion.... :P

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by This Land View Post
    Why not use a forum service like proboards ?
    This. This this this, INFINITE THIS.

Going to Proboards (or something like it) is a suggestion that keeps coming up - perhaps it is time to try it?

I admit, I'm on my last leg with Lea. I don't want to leave/move, but I also don't want to stay on a forum that I feel could go *POOF* at any time.
    Like Thiago said, we need a "backup team" or some kind of solid tech support that's going to be easily accessible if/when things to wrong.
    At this time, I'm not inclined to think that this is something that members of our community are capable of doing - which is, once again, why I think using something like Proboards should be heavily considered.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.