Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How big of a TLK fan are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say a solid 7. I'm a big fan of the movie but I never really got into the fandom as much as many others have, I don't really own much Lion King except for the DVD's, still, I am a big fan of the movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now I would have to say a 5/10...Simba's still my homie, but he has been replaced by the intricacies of information systems and the perils of learning about economics and accounting principles...as well as lots of ball playing. But TLK will always be one of my favorite movies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by lion_roog
    Now I would have to say a 5/10...Simba's still my homie, but he has been replaced by the intricacies of information systems and the perils of learning about economics and accounting principles...cheese:
    How the hell did that happen?
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say 8 and a half, or a nine. I don't own too much merchandise, nor do I collect any TLK-stuff. So material-wise, I'm not very committed. But this movie holds a very special place for me. I don't think of it as a 'movie' anymore, really. I see it as a combination of great characters, great story, great lessons, great fun, great music, great dialog, great saga (I don't like the sequels, but I enjoyed the new version of CotP so much, that I now pretty much look to that as how things went on before and after the movie) ...etc. Part of the fact that I'm still very keen to TLK might be because I didn't get into the fandom when I was a kid, but I got into it pretty recently, about a year and a half ago. Usually I get booms like this a lot, and they fade with time, but TLK hasn't. Partly because I've made so many friends through it, that it kinda stayed. Only shows how much good a single good movie can do ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Inwardly I am about an 8. Because, when ever I slightly mention TLK my mom starts saying stuff like "Aren't you embarresed" and "You should be ashamed of that." I stop making outward expressions about it and would appear to be between a 0 or 2. Around the time I joined this board, I was off the chart, though.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say I'm more of a 8-9/10. I draw TLK fanart, love the movie, the animation, characters, storyline and the music. I like TLKoB too, even if I have only seen it once. Having said that, I don't own much TLK merchandise, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan does it? xP If I could get some more merchandise I would, but I guess I'm not one of these people who buy every single bit of TLK merchandise going.

Originally posted by lionloversam
    Inwardly I am about an 8. Because, when ever I slightly mention TLK my mom starts saying stuff like "Aren't you embarresed" and "You should be ashamed of that."
    Hmm, it's pretty weird that your mum says stuff like that. I mean when I first started liking TLK, my family thought it was pretty weird and stuff, but they didn't ask if I was embarassed about it or they didn't tell me that I should be ashamed of it.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd say I'm an 8/10. I love the film, the animation, the characters, the setting, the music... everything about it, really, and I know few movies where I can say that everything is perfect without exaggerating. TLK is perfect - it can't get better than it already is.
    Then the sequel(s) can be discussed, but they aren't awful either (though TLK1?... *shiver*).

I think some of my friends/family find it weird that I still love that film so much, but I can't really help it xP TLK is what got me into drawing and animation in the first place, and it's helped me meet so many wonderful people. I'll be forever grateful to that movie xP It changed my life, it really did.

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by King Simba

Hmm, it's pretty weird that your mum says stuff like that. I mean when I first started liking TLK, my family thought it was pretty weird and stuff, but they didn't ask if I was embarassed about it or they didn't tell me that I should be ashamed of it.
    I just do my best to block those comments out. And don't get the wrong idea, it is not only my mom, but my sisters also that express the same feelings. But, somehow for me, the comments make the feeling of fandom or whatever you would call it seem all the stronger. But, this didn't start till I was either 19 or 20, the comments that is. I want to say 20. My dad just remains silent on the whole issue, I don't know what his opinion is.

Thanks for the banner, Sombolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol seriesly though 10 i mean i do collect everything TLK related and is there something i dont have i gota have it xP

and..am very deeply involved with that movie on a emotional lvl..it has effected my life greater then anyone could have known heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say 9. It's my favourite movie, and it was my favourite movie as a child. I talk about it all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    10 10 10 10 a THOUSAND TIMES, 10!!

*grins* I LOVE TLK, It's tied with two others as my faovirte movie. I DO get all hapyp-zappy hyper when I see NEW Lion King things. You should've seen me flip at the Timon and Pumbaa T-Shirt for little boys at the Disney store. I bought the biggest size and manage to wear it just ifine some how. ^^;; Also I snagged up a Lion King Cup from there for kids, but I couldn't resist! It's just too cool looking.

Yeah, I love Lion King to bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say around an 8 or 9.

Between college, work, and juggling my other hobbies, I still manage to think about TLK all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    10. Simply beacause it is my favourite movie. Not in some silly way. But it definetly has affected my life whether I meant it to or not.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Around 6 or 7. This movie was part of my life during my adolescent and I'm happy with it. I'd be happy to watch TLKoB if I had the chance. = ).
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    9 or 10. I love The Lion King. It's my favorite disney film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I'm new here. If you read Chronicles of the Pridelands then you'd probably know I love Scar :-p

For how I love TLK, I'd say 8, I was like listening to the soundtracks and doing my homework at the same time everyday about 7 years ago, now I am not that crazy, but still TLK rocks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    9,5. Or 10. I am not as obsessed as I used to be. But I love it with all my heart. It's just that I don't spend all my time thinking and talking of TLK. But I couldn't really live without TLK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    8, I think. I think I'll give myself 9 when I'll finally fly to London just to watch TLKoB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    10. Definitely. The Lion King is my all-time favourite film and I very much doubt that will ever change. It has influenced my life in so many ways that I could have never ever imagined it would. To this day I still draw fan-art, get excited about info and production art from the movie, collect merchandise and so much more. Though I don't collect much the last 2 years, because I try to be more careful with money.

What is getting more irritating through the years is, that it has become harder to watch the movie without weeping like a baby throughout most of it.