Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Concerts

What concerts have you been to? Did the band/bands live up to your expectations? Where did you stand/sit? Did you get a good view from where you were?

I'm going to a the darkness concert this weekend, and since it's my first real concert ever, I'm a little nervous. I would like to hear what others have to say about the concerts they've been to, and if they got some tip to give me.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was at a ''In Flames'' concert not so long ago =), seriously it was BETTER than I had expected. The foresinger gave me a high-five.. Wooaah!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh my, I need to make a new list ... Been to like 60 concerts / gigs, haha

The closest I've been was standing on the 2nd row with The Kelly Family.
    (I've been on the 1st row a lot of times with this Belgian cover band, but they aren't really all that famous)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In flames? Cool!
    Haha, I won't be brave enough to be that close to the stage, but I'll do my best.

Nathalie, you've been to 60 concerts? That's insane!:O Well, In a cool way of course. I don't think I've heard of the kelly family, what kind of music is it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Kelly Family used to be with 9 members (brothers / sisters) today, there are only 4 left
    Pop / rock /ballades.
    You know "normal" music, haha

Other known bands / artists:
    * Elton John
    * Backstreet Boys (3 times)
    * Shania Twain
    * Katrina (from Katrina and the waves)
    * Kurt Nillsen (world idol)

And then a few Belgium bands.

I'll try to make a list

*duh*
    I already have a list, haha, on my MSN space (if this link works, that is)
    --> clicky

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Elton John?O_O He had a concert not too far from here(like an hour away) and I really regret that I didn't realise how big that was. I should've been there.

Was his concert what you expected?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Elton John was amazing o_O Lemme find a seat plan ... Amazing seats, on the balcony though, but closeby the stage and on the first row.
    Was the first time I got to see him.
    I missed out 3 other concerts in Belgium because no one wanted to come with me, and this time I dragged Bart with me.

He didn't sang any TLK related songs, but did sing some old classics.

Color: Yellow / Nr. 214 (actually much closer to the stage then the plan shows)
    http://www.sportpaleis.be/zaalplan.html

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Papa Roach and Zebrahead are AMAZING! I never forget the Papa Roach concert, we went totally crazy *headbangin* and such =)

Zebrahead jumped out into the horde of people and were carried onto the stage again! It was such a amazing concert, you should REALLY look forward to it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pff the biggest concert i've bin to was from Bryan Adams my idol ^^ i still have the photos, that was the best weekend of my life, because one day before that concert, i had a small gig from my brothers favourite Scottish band, Beggar's Row. They were awesome. It's old scottish/celtic music. He loves that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my most recent concert i went to, Hammerfall, Edguy and Into Eternity were there, but my next one is going to be one of my friends bands... and hopefully a Gamma Ray concert after that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Most of the concerts I've been to were back in the mid 90's I'm more of a theater person really. I saw NSYNC like three times, P!nk, Sisquo (Thong Song ), Weird Al 4 times, Josh Groban, Elton John and Billy Joel, Itzhak Perlman, Brad Paisley, Reba MacIntire, Brian White, Sawyer Brown, Tracy Bird, Neil Macoy, Little Texas, Ricky van Shelton (these last ones were at the rodeo ) I know I've seen more, at the rodeo especially, but I can't think of them right now.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not been to any concerts, but i would mind seeing either Linkin Park or Green Day live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen rather a lot of well known artists in my time...

Best gig has to go to Coldplay, who I've seen twice and were great both times. Second best would be Muse, who you all may or may not know, they put on an amazing show, seen them 3 times.

Seen Elton John...again no TLK songs but still very good all in all.

Also seen Foo Fighters, Green Day, REM, Radiohead, Manic Street Preachers, Oasis, Stereophonics, No Doubt and The Darkness over the years...not been to a gig since last summer but that's cos now I tend to go to fewer, more expensive gigs than lots of smaller ones.
    :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been to more than I'd care to list- probably around something like 200.

Geh, Iron Maiden really took the cake though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cradle of Filth gigs pwn everyone elses! I've been to 4 already and I'm not stopping at that. I've also been to 2 Nightwish gigs, and a HIM gig (soon to be 2 times in April when Lindestrom's arm's better) Get well soon Linde ^^

I also wanna go to a Dimmu Borgir gig when I can afford to get to Norway or somewhere, they don't come to the UK on tour =[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    - Nightwish
    - Sonata Arctica
    - Apocalyptica
    - Stratovarius
    - Iron Maiden
    - Cradle of Filth
    - Mago de Oz (x 4)
    - Gamma Ray
    - Saratoga (x2)
    - Kamelot
    - Dimmu Borgir
    -Children of Bodom
    - Judas Priest.

Wannasee... ;
    - Dream Theater
    - In Flames ( this one will be possible the next month).
    - Dark Tranquillity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    -Whitesnake
    -rock never stops tour (Cinderella, Ratt, Firehouse *blegh*, and Quiet Riot)

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have only been once in a concert and that was when I was 12

It was Rolling Stone's tho... didn't understand that back then, but later in my life I have given quite a lot of value for that concert.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only one. My mum dragged me along to a Toby Keith concert. *facepalms*

I would've seen Fall Out Boy twice already, if those stupid Pete Wentz teenies didn't steal my tickets.. grr.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The person who brings drugs and alcohol into The Kelly Family, must already be drugged before he entered the hall

(sorry ... haha)

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu