Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report bugs here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Report bugs here

Alright. I think I have done enough editing now for a while. I think it took me 106h to get this far including the time it took me to set up local server to try out Vbulletin and to get this site back up and running the way it does.

Anyways I thought it would be good to ask now what kind of flaws have you run into while browsing Lea in case I haven't noticed something.

Errors and flaws I'm aware of:
    1. Profile text color being the same as background.
    This may take a while to fix as it's not really in the list of priorities and while browsing Vbulletin board there seemed to be a clitch in earlier version of the Vbulletin that we might be experiencing as well.

2. Icon's in front of posts: Moved, closed, sticky etc...
    This will take a lot of time, gotta manually change and replace all the icons in directory with the previous ones so patience, patience my friends... it took me a few hours just to get the paw prints up as I was rather busy talking to people as well. Just taking it a little slower now that Lea actually works.

3.Post control icons background color makes the icon hard to see...
    Will work on this next when I have a chance. Shouldn't be that hard to fix. FIXED!

4. drop down lists have the same color while moving moves down the list.
    I will try to fix this once I get the button working. Shouldn't be a problem thought. FIXED!

Things that you may think that are still problem but should have been fixed, if you still suffer from these, try clearing your cookies and catches.

1. Clicking the Forum title image did not take you to the front page. Now it does.

2. New posts and threads have pawprint added to each style.. still working on less common once thought.

3. Probably the biggest problem during the launch of new Lea was the Message box changing color to the same as background, making it incredibly difficult to see what you're writing on it. This should be fixed but I have heard that some still experience it at least last night so if you do clear catches and cookies. Added: Ok I was wrong about this being fixed before. Truly sorry about that. but now it is fixed Thanks to HK's help FIXED!

So if you have realised something I did not say above. Please Let us know as it's almost impossible to find all problems on our own.
    Last edited by Vidan; July 16th, 2014 at 04:24 AM.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    THe text is still doing it for me. I cleared cache and cookies and still. I'll try again.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm, try logging out and back in. If it still doesn't work I have no clue. I did test it without signed in and it works fine for me and I had Audra test it last night after Azerane told me about still having it and it worked just fine for her as well and she used other computer than I did. So it much be a glitch. Don't you all just love when those happen

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh yes.

I'm on my laptop now, different OS and different browser and it's still the same color as the background. Oh bugs. We need to fumigate.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Will the forums be like they used to?

Meaning, "Mount Kilimanjaro" be first on top? It just looks so weird, I guess I'm used to seeing the important stuff on top, haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought something looked off. That's exactly what it is. Is that something an admin can change? I added the two subforums in Scar's Lair today btw.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey, it's just like in last board Don't blame me for it. I took it directly from a catch of old lea right after it went down. But yeah it would make sense to have it on top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not a moderator. But I just joined so it's understandable.

Either way, any problems I come across that haven't been mentioned here, I'll let you know.

EDIT: Something else I noticed is that whenever I sign in to Lea, and then close the window or visit another site, it keeps signing me out, despite selecting "remember me" while logging in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Simba View Post
    EDIT: Something else I noticed is that whenever I sign in to Lea, and then close the window or visit another site, it keeps signing me out, despite selecting "remember me" while logging in. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I wonder if it's the same problem I have, or related to it in some way?

When I go to http://www.leahalalela.org/, it says I'm logged out...but when I go to http://leahalalela.org/ (note the lack of "www"), I'm logged in.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post

When I go to http://www.leahalalela.org/, it says I'm logged out...but when I go to http://leahalalela.org/ (note the lack of "www"), I'm logged in.
    I've just tried that too, and that's exactly what happens with me. Oh well, I guess until the issue is resolved, I'll just keep visiting Lea without typing "www" in the address.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for making me a moderator again. It's much appreciated.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh now I see why you would like the screen shot. Vbulletin is located on both public and www part, thought I believe the www part is only for redirection. It should still log you in thought as it does contain all the login files. So what to do to that beats me.

And I could take a screen shot. it's just that there would be no way to really show both www and public section at once. I'll do this thought if you think there is something you could tell by just looking at base even in all and all I don't see a difference, both folders contain same files and folders.

UPDATE:

Ok it's fixed, according to Fuzzy it was DNS error, something to do with the cookies and such... blows my mind so I don't even try to explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post

That's what happens to me with Lilymud all the time, it was always so frustrating because I'd always have to re-change my theme setting. That helps explains that then. Glad the issue is sorted.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll set you as a mod right now, KS. I'm not having that problem with signing out.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Very strange. I have no idea what would cause that.

KS you should be a mod now.

*Team Night Sky*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I actually have the same issue. In fact, it wouldn't let me sign in at all the last time I tried signing on via www.leahalalela.org, but this computer has bookmarked the site without the www and I'm signed in fine. Odd

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know if you log out it will clear all catches related to the site so by logging out it will ask you to logging in and will make you check the box. It's a security reason as otherwise by having that as default setting when visiting public computer and visiting the site, you could accidentally leave yourself signed in and the person being admin could have devastating results.

What comes to www. in the beginning of the website. I wasn't even aware it allowed you visit the site with that in the end and I have no idea how that works exactly but I'll take a look at it later.

UPDATE:

I checked that out and it seems that with www. in the beginning the site doesn't work properly. If you click on any of the forums thought it does show you're logged in and remove the www. from the beginning. To be honest I don't even know how www. in the beginnig works as that is not our registered website

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba The Mighty View Post
    I know if you log out it will clear all catches related to the site so by logging out it will ask you to logging in and will make you check the box. It's a security reason as otherwise by having that as default setting when visiting public computer and visiting the site, you could accidentally leave yourself signed in and the person being admin could have devastating results.

What comes to www. in the beginning of the website. I wasn't even aware it allowed you visit the site with that in the end and I have no idea how that works exactly but I'll take a look at it later.

UPDATE:

I checked that out and it seems that with www. in the beginning the site doesn't work properly. If you click on any of the forums thought it does show you're logged in and remove the www. from the beginning. To be honest I don't even know how www. in the beginnig works as that is not our registered website
    If you don't mind my asking, could I please get a screenie of the domain's zone files?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it's fixed, then there's no need for the screenie. Cheers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll bump this thread as I'm heading to bed. So once I get up I can check if more stuff has raised.

I did find another mistake which I will be probably fixing by tomorrow night. I realized on Night sky theme the New post and New thread icon that is located at the bottom of the page is wrong. It uses the original theme pawprint instead of Night sky. The actual icons work fine thought so I doubt anyone even noticed this before. I only did when browsing image files.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a problem on the Profile and Visitor Message regarding to skins, I'm using Outlander theme and the Profile skins are around the Default Theme.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group