Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Lion King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All in all, there probably will be another Lion King movie. And all in all, <in the voice of M.L.K.> it doesn't matter, because we won't allow it to change the Lion King for us. Because the Lion King isn't a movie that we watch till the credits. It isn't something that other people created. The Lion King is a spirit, an idea that lives within us: the true fans. Wait, that didn't make sense.

But I'd say that the chances are very good that they will make another Lion King. I bet it'll be awesome. And as much as I know that this is a wildly uncommon thing to say, I have to admit that I think that another one like 1 1/2 wouldn't be bad at all, if they do make another Lion King film. But I think that we can all agree that another well done, serious Lion King would be absolutely wondrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea, i want one like the first, that is serious, has some dramatic moments like when Mufasa died and everything. They got stories they can do. Like Mufasa and Taka and then Taka goign to Scar and everything and how Mufasa's dad died. How Mufasa met Zazu, and all those other characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I highly doubt about Disney making another TLK movie. Sequels in general are no longer going to be done after the releases of the already in production sequels. New management in Animation is making that if a movie is worthy enough to have a sequel, it will be treated as such and done by the Feature Animators, like Rescuers Down Under. Not that I'm saying TLK isn't worthy of a sequel(far from it), but I think that enough is enough and the story will be left alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anything is fine with me. as long as they come up with a whole lotta merchandise

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't want Disney to make another TLK film, it should stay as a trilogy. I just wouldn't want TLK to end up like the Land Before Time series were it seemed like they came out with a new movie every couple of months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really count 1 1/2 as the third. ITs more of just a parody of the first nothing more. But they could do something where like in that book of Tale of Two Brothers start out where they left off in LK 2 and have the story be told and then have flashback to Mufasa and Taka as kids and everything. That would be something to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sudi
    I wouldn't want Disney to make another TLK film, it should stay as a trilogy. I just wouldn't want TLK to end up like the Land Before Time series were it seemed like they came out with a new movie every couple of months.
    That's precisely how I feel about it.

King Mufasa, I think that sounds great! But it does seem to me that they might have a lot of Kovu/Kiara stuff and not a lot of Simba stuff if they did that. And we can't have that, now can we? Though I suppose that it wouldn't have to be like that. I'm sure that they could find a way to balance having lots of main chracters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My Dad told me that since Disney bought Pixar they're never
    making any animated movies again.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Hickoro Lioness
    Then I believe your dad is exaggerating just a bit. Actually, from what I've been hearing from the animating sector, things are looking up for 2D animation now that John Lasseter is holding the reigns.

As for more Lion King...well, ever hear the expression "too much of a good thing"?
    Three movies is a good amount for me...it's a trilogy. Four movies is too much. The Lion King has had it's time and now it's time to move on to other more original things.

As far as I'm concerned, making sequels and prequels is just Disney beating a dead horse and as much as the original story may have been YAY!, I'd hate for TLK to catch LBT symdrome (The Land Before Time syndrome).

Fortunately, like HasiraKali said, it would appear that the sequel vomit of Disney is ending.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Disney already made 3-D stuff and also decided to quit 2-D before they bought Pixar.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As it's already been said, Disney was already planning to make the switch to computer stuff. As it hasn't already been said, (I've read that) Disney's animation studio actually already closed!

But I didn't hear that things might be looking up for it! That's fits well in my ear! Though I do have to admit that I think that pushing Disney into new territory is what Mr. Disney would have wanted. As I've learned in Disney World, that's what made him famous and kept him so: doing things with animation that nobody else did. So, I don't think he'd want to sit on the same thing for very long.

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please forgive the minor segue, but...
    for those of you who haven't heard...

yoinked from IMDB

The Walt Disney Co. is planning to revive traditional hand-drawn animation next year with its live-action/animated Enchanted, Disney watcher Jim Hill reported on his website today (Wednesday). A traditionally animated test sequence has already been created for the film by veteran Disney animator James Baxter, best known for his supervision of the character Belle in Beauty and the Beast, according to Hill. "And those who have seen this particular piece of rough animation say that it is 'simply stunning. A wonderful throwback to the sort of films that Disney used to make.'" Baxter, Hill said, has been secretly working on the sequence with a small crew at his own studio in Pasadena, and, he added, his work is likely to be displayed by Pixar's John Lasseter and Ed Catmull as they make their well-known case for reviving hand-drawn animation to Disney chief Robert Iger. Said Hill: "They're going to tell Iger: 'Doesn't that look terrific? People are really going to eat this picture up. They've been waiting for Disney to do a new film that features traditional animation. Which is why this movie is going to do HUGE box office next year.'"
    So there is hope.
    *nodnods*

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [SIZE=small]...And for those that don't read my posts...[/SIZE]

Thank you, Wicked.:-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't we go back in time to before TLK had any sequels?

I don't even see SP as a TLK film, it's a parody of the first one...plus there are so many glaring errors in it that it just becomes an insult to TLK.

As for any new films I don't think they could ever live up to the first one, and I'm not just saying that to sound like an old git. There is just a level of care and attention to detail in the first film which has never been matched in the sequels...

So there... just my two pence :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    I don't even see SP as a TLK film, it's a parody of the first one...plus there are so many glaring errors in it that it just becomes an insult to TLK.
    Um... SP a parody. Examples?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer As for any new films I don't think they could ever live up to the first one, and I'm not just saying that to sound like an old git. There is just a level of care and attention to detail in the first film which has never been matched in the sequels...
    But it's not as if the first was perfect-though I suppose the idea of perfect differs between individuals. But it is true that there are a few instances during which aspects of the animation of the first movie is indefensibly wild.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Instead of new movie, I would enjoy much more a offically published the lion king novel start from time of Ahadi by collaborated work of Disney and certain fanfiction authors. It would be something to pass down to future generation even long after the movies faded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Um... SP a parody. Examples?
    Maybe not so much a parody, but the parallels in the plots of the two movies just get annoying after a while. That and the fact there are so many continuity errors. You can see what they were trying to do; relate it to the 'Circle of Life' but, for me at least, they should have just tried to make the new film more different.

Obviously I'm biased towards the first film...I know some people have more of an affinity to SP but it will always feel a bit 'second best' as far as I'm concerned. ...Apart from 'He Lives In You'. It's a real shame that wasn't in the first film as it's one of the best, if not the best TLK song for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want a movie done on Mufasa, lol. Like have it kind fo be like that book i read. Rafiki tells the story to Simba's daughter and then it goes into a flashback and then its like a movie and everything with Scar and Mufasa and how they grew up and ow Mufasa got to be the king he was, how Ahadi died, and how Scar became Scar. I'd love to see something like that. That to me would be considered a third film. As for SB yea it was kind of like LK alot, same beginning and stuff like that, but it was no parady. IT was alright except for some parts.