Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Lion King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah but something must of drove him to it. I mean Prince Henry will never be king, but he isn't planning to kill his brother Andrew (As far as I know anyway)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    1 person can carry more hate then the other I suppose.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd really like a prequal about Muffy and Taka. That would be interesting but like others have said 'Disney won't do it'. A sequal to Simba's Pride would be kinda scary because well maybe not but they did mess up on some things in SP. The characters all looked different in 2. In 1 1/2 they did a good job on the animation but it wasn't really a movie I liked, it sorta ruined some of my favorite parts from the first film. Sooo what I guess I'm trying to say is that they could probably pull off a prequal to TLK. Disney did good on Bambi 2 ( I know Bambi 2 isn't a prequal) and Bambi was made 64 years ago. Um yeah well sorry I kinda mumbled a bit there Anyway we all know that Disney won't make a prequal.
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My analysis on the previous sequels...

SP= Practically the first attempt at any "real serious" film, let alone a sequel. The people who made SP barely knew anything about movie making, let alone making one to compare to the highest grossing movie of our time.

TLK 1 1/2: A parody movie, which means it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. This was the result of a common formula used by corporations: milk what's good for all their worth and then some.

As much as I'm interested in learning about Scar's and Mufas'a childhood, I'd rather not there be a sequel. There's tons of fanfictions and even a book Disney released about some of their childhood. Leave the movie alone, leave what happens to the fans' imaginations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuzzy worked for Disney??? SWEET!!!!!

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another reason Scar would be angry is because Simba was born and just kicked him out of a chance to be King after Mufasa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, so long as it's Scar/Mufasa incest slash.

But maybe that's just me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Yeah, so long as it's Scar/Mufasa incest slash.

But maybe that's just me.
    Aha! I'd watch that. [size=small]Infact, it'd probably be the only reason I'd watch a prequel..[/size]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt mind a PREQUIL... but no kiara... pppllleeeeaaassseee!

her laughs make me want to punch Babies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be interested in a prequel. I never got to read any of the books on Muffy/Scar's childhood, so maybe I wouldn't be the only one to finally see something about the baby brothers. It could explain why Scar even has a scar. That question haunts me to this very day. And looking at Mufasa now, I wonder how he got the way he is. He seems authoritive, yet has a youth to him that you only see a few rare times in the first movie. I'd love to see how he acted as an adolescent!

In other words, I'd think it would be kewl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nicoga
    I never got to read any of the books on Muffy/Scar's childhood, so maybe I wouldn't be the only one to finally see something about the baby brothers. It could explain why Scar even has a scar. That question haunts me to this very day.

o rly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^ The above is a link. I was too dense to notice it at first.

Originally posted by TakaTiger
    i wouldnt mind a PREQUIL... but no kiara...
    Hmm, Prequil. For some reason, cough-medicine came to mind. I don't think Kiara would work very well as cough medicine.

Seriously, unless the story were very compelling, at least on the same level as the original movie, and the animation was consistent and on the level of at least Simba's Pride, then I'd be pretty cynical about another sequel. I think they should leave good enough alone. They failed to make TLK 1 1/2 (3) a memorable addition to the saga, and I doubt that anything short of almost the entire original staff getting back together would make such a project worthwhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Vidan
    I think they should leave good enough alone. They failed to make TLK 1 1/2 (3) a memorable addition to the saga, and I doubt that anything short of almost the entire original staff getting back together would make such a project worthwhile.
    Amen on that.
    Don't get me wrong, I also know that TLK 1.5 was a parody and should not be taken seriously..but to be honest..I don't think TLK - the original movie - is a good movie to make a parody of. The movie was fine and ebarassing itself, it didn't need a comedy-version, especially not on Timon's back.
    I like Timon and normally should be happy about this...'Timon-movie', but if I want to see him falling on his nose, amusing kids by just being the clown unvoluntarily I could just watch a Timon & Pumbaa episode as well..So for me, TLK 1.5 does not count as an official TLK movie at all. But that is and will be my opinion, I guess..

So, to sum it all up, no more TLK movies for me, please... even though I think a movie about Mufasa & Scar could be quite interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same way, i do not count 1 1/2 to be a an official movie.

Bt i would liek to see another movie though it seems that you do not.

- O and Nephilim thanks for that link, i just finished reading that book. Answers a few questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is random, and yes, I'm rambling, but I don't see Taka getting a scar from a buffalo. That would probably smash his head in! I've always gone with the idea that Ahadi got mad with him one day, and well....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: More Lion King

Originally posted by King Mufasa
    What do you guys think? Do you think they should make another sequel? A 3rd one to the collection. I don't count the 1 1/2 movie as
    1 1/2 is the best! I love 1 1/2. Nowadays, I'd watch 1 1/2 before I'd watch either of the others. I used to be more serious and dour, but now I'll take a comedy over anything else anyday! Especially one that's set in the world of the Lion King! And it's not like it's completely lacking serious moments and emotion-it's just that moments which entail that sort of stuff are quickly followed by a joke (we should be so lucky in our lives! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *lol*

That's a very positive point of view.
    Well...I started loving Timon's character because of the first movie, the original, just because of the way he was in there, cheeky, but still very loyal, too, funny - but by things he said, he did, not by falling on his nose all the time like in the episodes or the third movie, if you can understand what I want to point out - and because he's just extremely cute, of course. xD
    I just don't like they way his character developed during the last few years through Disney very much, that's the problem.
    Of course, this third movie can make you laugh, but trust me, after 168 T&P episodes you don't laugh about Timon being the unvoluntary clown anymore, at least I didn't
    But tastes are different, and I think that's fine.

And King Mufasa, I wanted to point out, that I think a movie about Mufasa and Scar would be very interesting to watch, but I just don't want Disney to produce another TLK movie because I am not too happy with the latest movies and their stories and animation and so I hope they just won't produce anything linked to TLK until their movies are on the same level as they were some years ago, the movies Disney got famous with, the movies everybody loved.
    I don't need a sequel to every single Disney movie that has ever been produced, I don't need a crappy animation in those sqeuels as well as a cheap storyline - but it seems like enough people do so, otherwise Disney would not get enough money to continue producing one sequel after another instead of producing a movie with good animation (and I am not talking about 3D animation here), a good storyline and characters with this depth we know from all the old movies, this depth that just makes you love those characters, for example our beloved tlk characters from '94.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea... LK 1 was great, then LK2 was alittle worse, but oky, and LK 1/2 was not so good in my opinion. They have been getting worse... Maybe in a few years they could try it? idk, cause yea, Disney is making a lot of sequels to their older movies and it is just weird. Why do it. You'll ruin it and they have been with their sequels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ashara
    This is random, and yes, I'm rambling, but I don't see Taka getting a scar from a buffalo. That would probably smash his head in! I've always gone with the idea that Ahadi got mad with him one day, and well....
    Oh you know, weird things happen in accidents. For example, on Trauma a man fell from a two story roof and had no injuries other than a bruise or two, and yet one of my mum's friend tripped as he got out of his car and broke both of his knees, one of his leg and an ankle. Odd indeed.

But eh, getting his head smashed in does explain some things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hated 1 1\2...and I'd want any sequel\prequel to be GOOOOOD. I'd like a Scar\Mufasa prequel, if it were well done.