Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bambi II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched it yesterday and I thought it was better than the first one. It's a good movie really. I enjoyed it ^_^
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved this movie just bought it a few days ago I loved Ronno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Before TLK and all the other movies that I fawn over, my favorite movie was Bambi. Random fact, but did you know the original concept of TLK was said to be like, "Bambi in Africa?"

I finally got the movie last night and you wouldn't believe how and what happened when I got it, but onto the review!

I found this to be one of the most likable and adorable sequels I've ever seen. It's right up there with Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch going sequel-wise. I find it amazing how they kept so true to every aspect of the movie, from the characters' attitudes to the backgrounds. Though, there was something about Faline that I found out of character. She didn't seem as giggly and bouncy as in the original(omgkiara).

Ronno has to be my favorite character, 'cause I'm just drawn to the baddies like that. I laughed so hard when I first heard him do his snorting laugh.x3

I also thoroughly enjoyed the emotional part of the movie. I was more close to crying in Bambi's dream sequence with his mother than with the near death scene.

Overall, I'd say this was a wonderful movie, one that I think would make even Walt, himself, proud. Kudos to Andreas and those wonderful peoples that worked on this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ashara
    Was I the only one that saw a Ronno/Kovu resemblence? Both having dark fur, and being sort of a bad character?
    No... they are nothing alike! Ronno was the buck Bambi fought in the first movie >.> you guys are just obsessed. They where nothing alike *shakes head*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOW... Beautiful animation, storyline, etc., very perpendicular to the original. Something to the effect that Katse said of Bambi being a favorite, but even to this day Bambi is my favorite Disney movie. I think having Patrick Stewart as The Great Prince was an excellent choice.

Hmm... yes.... 'twas a good movie, indeed! And I think a personal favorite was well....

=)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh. Proving, once again, that nothing is sacred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Broken
    No... they are nothing alike! Ronno was the buck Bambi fought in the first movie >.> you guys are just obsessed. They where nothing alike *shakes head*
    Yeah, rly. There are tons of dark, "sort of" bad characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never seen Bambi! So, I should probably make that journey before checking out the alleged sequel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Broken
    Actually if you watch Bambi 2, he's one of the main characters. He also has the same hair color, a notch in his ear sort of like the scar Kovu gets, and a voice similarity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sonkakee
    I think having Patrick Stewart as The Great Prince was an excellent choice.
    Hmm... yes.... 'twas a good movie, indeed! And I think a personal favorite was well....

=)
    I couldn't agree more! I really liked the movie as I mentioned earlier
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (stupid brother)

I got the movie tonight and i will watch it :P

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always liked Bambi, and the Great Prince was always my favourite character and I always wanted to see more of him, so I will have to take a look at the sequal, it sounds like it would be very good, when reading the title of the thread I got worried because I thought it would pick up from where the first film left off, but I really like the concept behind this, I shall have to check it out.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the movie's not too bad, but it was still a disappointment. it brought up the memory of old Bambi and old disney.

the old Bambi was an allegory. It was not aimed at certain value and didn't have so many cultural appendages. Its themes are timeless and contiune to develop through generations of audience. Versus to that, I feel the storyline of today's animated picture are too well-structured. The old Bambi is kinda long and boring and having so many irrelevant details, but it reflected its theme at the end - life can not be well-planed.
    Now, I don't want to go a great length writing about this. why don't disney just stop making sequels, and fire all their professional writers, and let what good animators they have left to tell the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, good news for you, Huma. With the new management at Disney Animation, no more sequels will be made after the releases of the ones that have already been in production. John Lasseter, the new head of Animation, feels that if a movie is worthy enough to get a sequel, it will be treated to by the Feature animators, like Rescuers Down Under was.

Second point, the animators and story artists are the professional writers. They've just been down graded by the hiring of "creative" executives under Micheal Eisner's rule over the company, who are suits who normally don't have a creative bone in their body and are the ones those writers have to go to in order to get their ideas approved. Because of the executives' lack of creativity and supposed know how on how to make a quick buck, that's why the feature films and sequels Disney dish out aren't good in the public eye. That, and we've just been spoiled by movies like TLK. However, rumour has it that the creative executives are no longer existent in the making of the movies and the jobs are given back to the appropriate people.

And as for story structures. Stories are now more complicated than they used to be because today's audience is more complicated. 'Nough said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to see it! I loved Bambi II, although I thought the Bambi\Faline romance was a little weak. I mostly loved the film for its beautiful portrayal of nature and extraordinary backgrounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're right....You could tell that Bambi and Faline were friends, but the romance was weak in the second one. Even in the beginning of the firsty one, it was obvious that there was a connection between Bambi and Faline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Katse
    With the new management at Disney Animation, no more sequels will be made after the releases of the ones that have already been in production.
    You wouldn't happen to have a list of the sequels that are to be released would you? :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my friend sent it to me over AIM, made about 100+ screencaps from it ^^; they're gone now, but i can see if my friend still has it and cap certain sceens for you guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    ;_____; *never knew this* Theres a bambi 2? Oo....

*is sooo lost * >D Or is it an old movie? >)
    Yer, i never knew there was a Bambi 2.... you learn something new every day.... or do you?....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ashara
    You're right....You could tell that Bambi and Faline were friends, but the romance was weak in the second one. Even in the beginning of the firsty one, it was obvious that there was a connection between Bambi and Faline.
    Ooops, I just realized I wrote
    I loved Bambi II,
    I meant to say I loved Bambi I ...I thought the romance was a little weak in the first one, namely because it seemed too CUTE.