Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bambi II

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved the sequel but I loved the original too. Most of the sequels have been not so good lately IMHO but this one was great.

What other sequels are coming? I know there's Fox and the Hound 2 coming out...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Brother Bear II will come soon too.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ahh I finally got to see Bambi II! I bought it when it first came out, but didn't really end up watching it until I got to go to my mom's house this last week. (Which is better anyways, she has a 50 inch widescreen TV with surround sound) I had to buy the original Bambi on DVD because I was so little the last time I saw it. So first I watched the original Bambi again. Bambi II was a cute film. Very pretty animation. I liked it. I didn't think it was GREAT but I liked it. Cute and pretty.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Review time.

If I were to give it a rating I'd give it an 8 1\2 of 10 Which is really good for a Disney sequel!

I was, to borrow an old (and English) expression, I was "as pleased as punch" with this amazing film. Andrew Dejas really hit the nail on the head this time!

The animation style, though with sharper outlines and slightly more vivid coloring, really calls to mind the original. The character design of the Great Prince is magnificent. I was pleased with the Ronno\Bambi fight alluding to their adult fight; Ronno was a character in the book Bambi, but he appeared as a random buck in the original film. There was an intense rivalry between the two suggested in the book, and I was pleased to see at least part of Felix Salten's magnificent work emulated in the film. Which calls to mind another sad but interesting point of the book, which was used in the movie: the part where the hunter uses a fake deer call to trick Bambi. It is a sad scene, but helps you feel for the deer (albieit anthrophromorphized) and be angry at 'Man's Tricks'. Overall, the feel and style of the film is superb. I would've liked it to be a little longer and have a more focused plot, but heck. It's pretty good already, why tempt fate?

Patrick Stewart was GREAT as the Great Prince. He sounded a LOT like the original voice and just put sooo much life into the character.

Thumper was cute, but I think they tried to make him a little too cute. However, the Bambi\Thumper friendship is innocent and delightful. The voice for Thumper was fairly good (and the kid who voiced Thumper does look creepily like a rabbit!!)

Faline was delightful! I can't say if young Faline was true to her character in BII because her personality wasn't explored that much in the first film to begin with.

Ronno is great. No, he doesn't remind me of Kovu, IMHO. He's your classic, almost stereotyped bully, but the kid who voiced Ronno really put life into him. I like how Bambi eventually stood up to him.

I'd like to see more of Mena. She seems like a nice character.

I've never liked Flower, never will, and I thought the voice-casting was poor, but not horrible. The kid tried.

~Fin~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i felt like bambi2 was more modern than the first one (which i thought was better) i cried so much when i saw it for the first time lmao

the voices were great and i think they all matched the characters in the movie. the sound trcak was the best i think and i have the who album on my ipod

the story line was SO much better than the first one and its my second fav movie so far! it also has some good scenes in it that realy get u shouting at the screen (yes i was very emotional when i watched it) :'(

I liked the way it used parts from the first movie like the fight with bambi and ronno, same actions as the first movie, and the way Mena says "run bambi run...." the same way bambis mam said to him when she was running away from the hunter but never made it *cries* so sad!

so anyway hope you enjoy watchin, one of the best disney sequels ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya Moosie(*Sue*) !! Its Sam lol .

Any way Bambi 2 is great one of the best sequels which i think most disney films have. Flower is the Best character is this movie,it has to be said, i love it when he finds his inner stength just adorable!! oh yeah and the might flower fights of the mean dogs all by himself, He's A Hero!!!! Love The Film, Hope everybody enjoys watching it xxx See Yah xx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it was released last year (happi new year btw) and me and my best friend thought it was out in febuary (in america) so we woundered why it wasnt in the shop (yes we are both blonde) but it is well worth seeing!

It is so cute, the animation is great! the voices match really good to the characters to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by *sue*
    hope you enjoy watchin, one of the best disney sequels ever!
    I think that too. :fini:

♩ "Summer's going fast, nights growing colder.
    Children growing up, old friends growing older.
    Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
    Make each sensation a little bit stronger." ♩

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yet another newer Disney sequel that I really loved and enjoyed. This one is a perfect adaptation to the original film. The beautiful artwork and great acting just made it very pleasing to watch and listen to. It's one of thee best sequels ever made from Disney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Krypto
    You wouldn't happen to have a list of the sequels that are to be released would you? :-)
    I think I do, at least, I know some rumors.

Cinderella 3: A twist in time **out now**

Bambi's Children **rumor/in production**

Brother Bear 2 **out now**

Dumbo 2 **dead rumor/unreleased**

Pinnochio 2 **dead rumor/unreleased**

Sleeping Beauty 2 **rumor/in production**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But Sleeping Beauty lived happily ever after...