Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King SE soundtrack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah! Yes, I have the animals around it! So that's the UK version! Thanks! What stuff from the movie does the US booklet have?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tiny screenshots.

I'll take some pics ...

*edit*

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool! Thanks! Looks way better that the European one!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No problem =)

The Latin-Spanish booklet, has just got plain red pages.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just like the UK one! The only picture in it is on the first page. It's one of adult Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, Nathalie, that's the one which I own.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rafiki
    Just like the UK one! The only picture in it is on the first page. It's one of adult Simba.
    Oow, that reminds me, I still need that version

haha

But 19,99 ? is a lot of money for that CD :s

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still have to get me a copy of this, havne't seen it in stores so i guess ill be buying it online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These songs by the Disney Channel All Stars...are they meant to be on the European version? I have the UK edition and don't have those songs...(thankfully!)

Oh and just to to add to the confusion my booklet has the Broadway lyrics of The Morning Report.
    :Psst:

Maybe there are just different versions of these CDs according to when as well as where they were pressed; little things most people wouldn't notice....but if you throw it into the ring of the TLK fanatics...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know about that UK CD.

I still don't have that one haha

But it is on the Dutch version, and on some others I have aswell.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm from the UK, can't find any TLK soundtracks, I only have the broadway one and certain songs on the computer, really want to find that special edition one! I did see a SP soundtrack in woolworths but the only song i truley like is We Are One which can be found everywere on the internet anyway o_0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check sites like Amazon.co.uk, they always have stock.

Usually just a case of keep looking and you'll eventually find it. Places like HMV or Virgin Megastores usually have a copy too if you have any of them near you. I got mine from HMV...

Incidentally, on a slightly different note, has anyone here got the CD of the London cast recording of the Broadway show? I found it for ?2 so I picked it up. It really is terrible compared to the proper Broadway CD though so only worth buying for the sake of completing your TLK collection.

:fini:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    Incidentally, on a slightly different note, has anyone here got the CD of the London cast recording of the Broadway show? I found it for ?2 so I picked it up. It really is terrible compared to the proper Broadway CD though so only worth buying for the sake of completing your TLK collection.
    ooooh, the british cast? could you rip that and send it to me please

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    There's a CD from the Brittish cast ??

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    Check sites like Amazon.co.uk, they always have stock.

Usually just a case of keep looking and you'll eventually find it. Places like HMV or Virgin Megastores usually have a copy too if you have any of them near you. I got mine from HMV...

:fini:
    thanks
    I'm from the UK and have TLKob cd which I bought whilst I was at the actural broadway
    , so is that the british one? I can't believe that it is if it's so bad :/

EDIT: seems to say Original Broadway Cast Recording at the top of the CD but it did come directly from London and I don't see any differences at all from when I acturally went to see TLKob (twice)

Yeah Next time I am going to Cambridge I'm going to go on a hunt for TLK cds, there's loads of good music shops and a HUGE virgin megastore there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mmmh... I'm not quite sure, but I guess there's no CD from the London cast! They're just selling the Broadway one!

EDIT: There are CDs from the London Stage Orchestra. But that's not from the musical ensemble!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The one I have is 'The London Theatre Orchestra and Cast Present Highlights from The Lion King'. It was released through 'Hallmark Music' in 2002.

Really not sure what the story of this CD is, whether it's the actual performers or just impersonators. Personally I find it hard to believe it's the real cast as if they're that bad on stage people wouldn't be raving about the show, no matter what the spectacle.

But, that said, why would the show's producers allow such a poorly handled version of their show to be put on to CD? Not to mention Disney...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Doesn't it say on the CD or booklet who sings the songs?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately not, it's pretty sparse on info of any sort...

Lists the songs and their respective writers but no details of performers. I'd always thought that by law you had to includer performer details on a large scale CD release of this sort but apparently not. Back to the music licencing law books for me...

I've done a few searches for any further details on this CD but can't find anything...it is part of a large series of London 'cast' recordings from Hallmark so I don't know if they just use the same singers and musicians for all those CDs or if they actually use members of the original cast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ah ok thanks for clearing that up

sounds weird ...