Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King SE soundtrack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Lion King SE soundtrack

I was thinking about buying The Lion King Special Edition Soundtrack, but I have the old original soundtrack. I live far from the towns, and I am going tomorow and am considering investing in this CD. Is there a difference between these two, other than "Morning Report"? Have the tracks been enhanced or anything like that? Is it worth my time or just money I could spent on something more useful, like spoons? Thanks!

Oh yes, I also noticed on the site http://pridelands.ru/?p=music-hans , TLK complete score sounds off key. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it because it is in mono sound or something? I read somewhere that the tracks were different than the ones in the movie, but I am unsure.

(I love it here! I can ask questions about TLK and not be considered...weird! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had this same question when I was considering buying the 'Special Edition! I bought the 'Special Edition and I love it! I initially thought that "The Morning Report" was a bit short, so I felt a bit cheated. It took a few times through the tune to get into the rhythm of it (and it does have a great rhythm!), but once I did, I realized that I wouldn't want the Lion King soundtrack without it! And the Elton John remix, the final song of the album, is an absolute must have! It includes a lot of African stuff and some wilderness stuff. It's pretty well my favorite version of the song! If you're like me, and chances are that you are (come on, look at us! ), you'll get this edition and be thankful that you overcame the questions that you're having right now!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    As far as I know, nothing different then the cover and the "Morning report" on it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nathalie
    As far as I know, nothing different then the cover and the "Morning report" on it.
    :Ooo: Somebody doesn't read the other posts on the thread before making one... Just kidding! Those aren't the only things that are different! It's also got the Elton John remix, which I mentioned in my previous post, as well as a completely reworked, full color booklet. Like I say: a must have!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i <3 THE REMIX!!!

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Isnt' it great, Simbaspirit?

I also just remembered this: On the Morning Report, we get to hear Mufasa's voice. I can't believe that I didn't feel that not having Mufasa's voice on the original version left a void. But the void has now been filled! For me, this is just another reason why this version is a must have. But the Lion King soundtracks have been a big deal for me for quite awhile, so wanting the ultimate version isn't a surprise!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh no, please forgive haha

So yeah, apart from those 2 songs, nothing much different.

Now, if you get the European English CD, you get "the heyna's" and "circle of life" by the Disney channel All stars.
    (like every other CD from outside the US has those 2 songs I believe)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? :-)I didn't know that. Can you get those imports in stores, or is it an online thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Krypto
    Really? :-)I didn't know that. Can you get those imports in stores, or is it an online thing?
    Don't bother. I've heard the Circle of Life one, and it's horrifying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Don't bother. I've heard the Circle of Life one, and it's horrifying.

I kept myself from voicing my question as to whether or not one would like to hear the Disney Channel All Star version of those two songs. But Raven did "Grazing in the Grass" and I really like it!

But if it's also got one I haven't heard on it, Hyena, then, well, I just have to have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have you seen the ad for the CoL song when the "stars" sing it? Hilary's like "oh, yeah, its my all time favorite movie. sure Hilary

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *lol* Yeah, the CoL song isn't all that, but "Hyena's" is cool to have though !

Really weird, that it's on every other language soundtrack, apart from the US version

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and Canada, though i think we use the US soundtrack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Simbaspirit
    Have you seen the ad for the CoL song when the "stars" sing it? Hilary's like "oh, yeah, its my all time favorite movie. sure Hilary
    So, Hilary can't even like the lion King now? Haters! Just kidding.

Seriously, I think the Lion King is for everyone-even people without souls. Just kidding!

But seriously, seriously, I do like the lyrics for some of her songs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...uhm... has anyone else noticed that the booklet in the SE CD contains the Broadway lyrics of Morning Report ("It's an honor and a privilege" introduction) instead of the "Good Morning, Sire!" "Good morning, Zazu!".... introduction? Weird!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no, please forgive haha

So yeah, apart from those 2 songs, nothing much different.

Now, if you get the European English CD, you get "the heyna's" and "circle of life" by the Disney channel All stars.
    (like every other CD from outside the US has those 2 songs I believe)
    and you called yourself the soundtrack freak? *sigh* nathalie, you're letting yourself down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rafiki
    ...uhm... has anyone else noticed that the booklet in the SE CD contains the Broadway lyrics of Morning Report ("It's an honor and a privilege" introduction) instead of the "Good Morning, Sire!" "Good morning, Zazu!".... introduction? Weird!
    No way! I haven't noticed that! I suppose that I looked through the booklet and then moved on to listening to the thing, never looking back. I'm going to have to check that out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *checks booklet now* I got 2 US CD's, and the booklets are totally the same.

1. SE soundtrack + RotPL CD (it's a double CD pack which I bought here)
    -- nope: it starts with "goodmorning sire".

2. SE soundtrack with Hakuna Matata 3-D cover (Thanks Sharifu )
    -- nope, also starts with "goodmorning sire, checking in with the morning report ... fire away".

Also nice to know:
    The Latin-Spanish SE CD has got lyrics in the booklet.
    (apart from the "morning report")

@ Dan: we all have a weak moment sometimes ... haha

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *checks booklet now* I got 2 US CD's, and the booklets are totally the same.

1. SE soundtrack + RotPL CD (it's a double CD pack which I bought here)
    -- nope: it starts with "goodmorning sire".

2. SE soundtrack with Hakuna Matata 3-D cover (Thanks Sharifu )
    -- nope, also starts with "goodmorning sire, checking in with the morning report ... fire away".

Also nice to know:
    The Latin-Spanish SE CD has got lyrics in the booklet.
    (apart from the "morning report")

@ Dan: we all have a weak moment sometimes ... haha
    Really? That's definetely weird!
    Maybe the one I got is from the UK... And it also contains the lyrics of the other songs. I didn't know that there were only the Morning Report lyrics in the US booklets.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What does your logo looks like?

Does it have the animals around it? (they are standing next the "the")
    If they are, then you should have the UK version.

If they are not, then it's the US version.
    The US booklet also has got pictures and stuff from the movie in it.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu