Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslims starting boycot against Denmark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, me being Muslim...I'd have to kinda agree with the boycott...though war wouldn't really be necessary. In Islam, it's illegal to impersonate the prophet, or even draw pictures of him and such. Of course there's nothing wrong with a funny comic strip; we do it about Bush all the time. But if Denmark knew that it offended the Muslims to draw our Prophet in a comic strip, and they did it anyway, then I guess a boycott would teach them a lesson until they decided to apologize. But now they're threatning to burn the Quran????

I really wouldn't like to see another war between 2 nations, but come on...do people have to do this??? Why can't Denmark just apologize?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If a war should have started everytime someone makes jokes about our king ... Oh my, Belgium wouldn't exist anymore.

So yeah, it is kind of blown up I guess.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ( @ La Reina) We DID apologize. We TRIED to do it the diplomatic way, but that didn't seem to work at all, since some other countries copied the drawings as well.

Jyllandsposten wrote an apology in English, Danish and Arabic.

But the danish racism guys really thinks this is taking a wrong turn, so they didn't want to watch their own county flag burn, so they are going to burn the Quran.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your really - now........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And what's that supposed to mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by shadow
    your really - now........
    Isn't that a little too dramatic you think?

This is blown way out of propotions. It shouldn't even have existed. Denmark didn't do anything wrong by the law just publishing pictures decipting Muhammed, but since at least one was really offending I think it would fall into the cathegory agitation against an ethnic group.
    Our teacher showed us one of the pictures portraying Muhammed with a bomb in his turban. I agree on that that must be very offending to the muslims, Still I beleive that they're kind of overreacting. They have the right to be offended, but this is just exaggerated.

All this extremists that's burning flags and threatening danish people are making people dislike the whole religion. They're just "proving" what a lot of people think, that Islam is a relgion built on abuse and violence. If this would've been handeled in a calm way I think Islam would've gained respect all over the world. Right now many are just wondering what the hell's wrong with them. I know that not all muslims went crazy about this but the few that did really ruins a lot. I wish media would show us how other muslims react, and not just the extremists. :/ Through articles and such you really get the feel that ALL muslims are drama queens, and I know that's not the case.

It's really a though case since it's pretty much freedom of speech vs. religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Xanahti that this is blown out of proportion. The sky isn't falling, the issue will be resolved. People nowadays need to learn to not panic every time something bad happens. I don't see there being any possibility of a war over this, that's just absurd to say the least. If there is, then I'd say it'd be the most pathetic reason for a war I've heard of to date.

Personally, I don't think Denmark should apologize for anything, as the images don't represent the views of Denmark, but of a newspaper. I support freedom of speech, even if what someone has to say pisses people off (And I would be pretty pissed if I were Muslim). I see no purpose in boycotting an entire country for the views of a newspaper, seems like some people are really acting like babies (Both sides, actually). This is between the newspaper and the world of Islam, Denmark has no place in this issue.

Of course, burning religious text isn't good, that's just begging for trouble. Then again, so is burning a country's flag. Both sides on this issue really need to grow up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...889584,00.html

And meanwhile, in Palestine...
    "Every Norwegian, Dane and Frenchman in our country is a target," said the Popular Resistance Committee and the radical Al-Aqsa brigades. If the three countries in question don't shut down their offices and consulates in the Palestinian territories, "we won't hesitate to destroy them."...
    Comic of Muhammed leads to death threats... radical Islam is not something to be "apologized" to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's a bit rude there, Shadow. - Don't ya think?

I agree with Pnt, "Personally, I don't think Denmark should apologize for anything, as the images don't represent the views of Denmark, but of a newspaper. I support freedom of speech, even if what someone has to say pisses people off (And I would be pretty pissed if I were Muslim). I see no purpose in boycotting an entire country for the views of a newspaper, seems like some people are really acting like babies (Both sides, actually). This is between the newspaper and the world of Islam, Denmark has no place in this issue.

Of course, burning religious text isn't good, that's just begging for trouble. Then again, so is burning a country's flag. Both sides on this issue really need to grow up.
    "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alright i apoligaze that was quite rude "bows"

but i just think the Muslims are highly un-stable (the vilent ones) and are going to make a hell big deal out of this.....

and ones again i apoligaze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are a BIG amount of violent muslims in my city. (A big city), and they are all like ''Every danish guy is going down!''.

You can't walk out of the street alone, you will atleast have to be 3 persons. They were even throwing a danish flag into a river and yelled ''Potatoes'' again, again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravincal
    There are a BIG amount of violent muslims in my city. (A big city), and they are all like ''Every danish guy is going down!''.

You can't walk out of the street alone, you will atleast have to be 3 persons. They were even throwing a danish flag into a river and yelled ''Potatoes'' again, again!

Now, going along with my "Shrug it off and go about your day" philosophy to the whole thing, I do still think Denmark needs to keep order (Even if the inital reason for all the tension is pretty damn pathetic). If that involves police force, then it involves police force. If that involves SWAT forces (or the Denmark equivelent) armed with less-than-lethal rubber bullets, than it that's what it takes. If, God forbid, it involves military personel armed with live ammunition, then Denmark has a duty to it's law-abiding citizens to protect their rights and so be it. Under no circumstances should Denmark allow lawlessness take over, and under no circumstances should they give up political beliefs and freedoms, such as free press, because some thugs want to be violent.

As for the threats of foreign violence, Denmark needs to be politically understanding of the situation, but also very serious and upfront if they are attacked (ie, wiping these extremists off the face of the earth). Ravincal, do not allow your country to back down to these thugs calling for violence, and don't let your country resort to racism either. As a citizen, it is your duty to stand up for what you and your country believe in; if that means freedom of press, then by no means let that be taken away; if that means protecting the good muslim people of your country from things like burning texts as well, then you cannot let that happen either. Though you are one person, you can do a lot by simply not allowing yourself to be scared into submission or driven to hatred of all muslim people. I don't think you've been pushed to either of those extremes, but just remember that your country will get through this, and what measures its success is both the means through which it makes it nd its freeoms/beliefs coming out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, some of you guys are right about some Muslims blowing things out of proportion. I also wish the media would portray the Muslims who aren't hypocritic. I love this religion, because it's my life, but some people really need to think before they act. No one's perfect, but the least some people can do is try and BE respectable of other nations. I hate how the media makes ALL Muslims look like the villain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by la_reina
    Yeah, some of you guys are right about some Muslims blowing things out of proportion. I also wish the media would portray the Muslims who aren't hypocritic. I love this religion, because it's my life, but some people really need to think before they act. No one's perfect, but the least some people can do is try and BE respectable of other nations. I hate how the media makes ALL Muslims look like the villain.
    If it helps, there's plenty of people who never allowed themselves to be manipulated by the media into thinking all Muslims are bad, that would include myself. I do think that the good muslims have a duty to their religion and world to help silence these idiots, but I think most of the good, respectable muslim people of the world would agree with that.

On the matter in general:

These situations are not good, the world is cruising towards another World War at a rate that is very alarming; but it is not too late. We, the good, respectable people of the world, including the non-extremist muslims, can stop these people as long as we don't allow ourselves to be manipulated, discouraged, or scared into submission. Yes, we're faced with dire circumstances, but we humans have been in the same sort of dire situation, in different forms, throughout history. We will get through these hard times the world's facing; we can never forget that.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Muslims are bad news. Period. I seriously think as soon as they saw something to use as a scapegoat to attack the entire nation of Denmark, they went on parade!

I say we just peel the eastern hemisphere off the map, but of course that won't be happening. On the entire 'cartoon' matter: that's the media of today. They've had issues since newpapers and TV and radios were birthed. The media in the USA is no better than, Germany or France or any of those poparatzies. ((sp....busy))

If you really REALLY want to get into it, talk to me on MSN but I say we just smite the Muslims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now, that's getting a bit extreme, there are good, respectable muslim people in the world, I know a few myself. I know you're stressed about these issues, I think every person on Earth is, and with good reason, but fighting hate with hate doesn't get anything solved. I beg you, as a friend and fellow forum member, to reconsider that post and position on the issue. Yes, the extremists are bad news, they want nothing more than the death of you, me, and everyone we care about. But not every muslim person is like that. That's not an expression of political correctness, but of fact.

Please you guys, I know there's probably gonna be outraged members from this point on, try to keep calm and collected, that's the best way to go about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bush says:
    One of the main sources of reaction and opposition [to freedom] is radical Islam -- the perversion by a few of a noble faith into an ideology of terror and death.
    --2006 State of the Union

And that's just it -- it's so despicable that Islam has been twisted into justification for terrorism and -- as evidenced in Denmark today -- coercion worldwide. Like pnt said, if it helps, I think more and more people are making the distinction and avoiding generalization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Now, that's getting a bit extreme, there are good, respectable muslim people in the world, I know a few myself. I know you're stressed about these issues, I think every person on Earth is, and with good reason, but fighting hate with hate doesn't get anything solved. I beg you, as a friend and fellow forum member, to reconsider that post and position on the issue. Yes, the extremists are bad news, they want nothing more than the death of you, me, and everyone we care about. But not every muslim person is like that. That's not an expression of political correctness, but of fact.

Please you guys, I know there's probably gonna be outraged members from this point on, try to keep calm and collected, that's the best way to go about this.
    For once, I support that all the way. As we said before... Not everyone is a hate enraged psycho, granted there is a select handful that will always have their tiffs. Pnt made a good point before, sometimes it's nessecary to look past stereotypical views and think about each one individually.

Would they be right to consider us, americans and\or Canadians as power hungry, money loving, and unruly people? The whole of the population? No, and the same can be said for this Muslims.
    I respect if you hold your position on the subject, it's yours alone, but consider that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1573559 (Another cartoon-type issue.)

I too knew a few good Moslems from Pakistan and Turkistan; they seemed outgoing just like everyone else did. I asked my friend one time [whose name I cannot even begin to spell] why the extremist causes in some Moslem orders? He said, "There is much enmity between ourselves and other cultures that we sometimes can't control, but we're beginning to understand the nature of ourselves and everyone else - but sometimes understanding nature's intent doesn't always solve a problem."
    This really didn't tell me much besides: a problem might not solve a problem or something to that effect (Nature - is being used as a positive resolution).

I really don't think like Pnt said, a war foresay, but an anamnesis of bad things to come.

Let's hope peace...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    Muslims are bad news. Period.

[...]

If you really REALLY want to get into it, talk to me on MSN but I say we just smite the Muslims.
    Wow, I respect everyone's opinion, but this comes across a little harsh, doesn't it?

There are a lot of good Muslims out there, but they just don't get in the news, because they don't do anything bad.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu