I think that the extremist hate the west because of what we stand for. We are a Christian nation, and their religion teaches that you must kill those who are not muslim. Obviously, the people who are considered fundamentalist will follow through with this. They do not like our way of life, how we treat women, or money, how we run our government etc. It isn't like the United States is the only target.It just happens to be that we are the most powerful nation in the world, the leader of this fight against them, and the more influential in western life, so it is obvious that they would choose us as their main target. They are also against Canada, all of Western Europe (evident in Denmark, the Madrid bombing, London bombing, etc).

Why would we be threatened? Just because we are the most powerful nation in the world, with the best weapons doesn't mean that we can protect all of our interests from attack. We don't have the ability to shoot down nuclear missles (yet), so it is still possible that we could be attacked by them. Have you thought of the rest of the world? Israel is our ally, and we want to protect them. If Iran is TOTALLY against them, and has threatned them like Sonkakee mentioned (which they have, because they are Muslim extremists), then why shouldn't we be upset? We don't want a government that is THAT extreme and crazy to possess the most powerful weapons in the world. Nuclear weapons are not just "toys" or something to not worry about. It isn't like the United States is the only country that is worried about it. I believe that the world community is also with us on this issue, and against Iran.

I think it is very obvious why extremist Muslims hate the west, and I think it is obvious why Iran should not have nuclear weapons.