Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslims starting boycot against Denmark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About Muslim people and extreme Islam...I have yet to have one Muslim friend who has been extreme...and I have quite a few Muslim friends...since Tucson is a major destination for refugees and my neighborhood has a lot of people of other nationalities compared to other parts of Tucson. I have friends from Bosnia, Iraq, Checkoslavakia, Iran, Palestine, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Somolia, Afghanistan, and Pakistan...and they are just like anyone else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Kinda funny though, these... people... (especially Iran and Syria) want to stop all trade of everything with the European Union, and if that happens, it'll most likely spread to the US as well. Now, that includes oil and all that. Funny thing is, the world can last a lot longer without Iran and Syria than Iran and Syria can last without the world, their economies are absolutely pathetic outside of their oil trades. Unfortunately for them, if they play that little game of shutting off the oil pumps, there'll most likely be a huge push in the long run for a new form of energy, which is what some of these countries fear most, as such a new energy will most likely leave these people dirt poor.
    That's very agreeable. However that push for a synthesis of that new energy, wouldn't come without its price. Because hydrocarbons such as petroleum are relatively cheap, this causes a high economical gross. Whereas synthetic compounds such as highbreds, would cause a contingentcey in-house flux. As what it stands today, petroleum fuel-efficiency will stay in control over synthetics over a long deration of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know, it might not be a nuclear (sp? oO) war.. but war is upon the world's doorsteps. All the signs of war are there. And it will be a world war too cause right now tensions are high in pretty much every area of the world against someone else. All it needs is a spark and we could b in the next 'war to end all wars'.

Europe and the Middle East over these drawings, Pakistan and India over Kashmir, Israel and Palestine now that Hamas is in control, Venezuela and the U.S., and even the Sudan are all becoming violent quite quickly and simultaneously.

And all of those groups are connected in one form or another to each other... very bad news =/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I'm really afraid of these times is mostly a nuclear bomb right in the center of Copenhagen, because that bomb would take me with it as well. I'm not far away from the capitol city.

But I'm not losing hope, as one of the few in my city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't worry about the immediate effects of an atomic blast, as there's really no terrorist organization that has an atomic bomb (to my knowledge) at this point in time. Even if they did, it would almost definately be a extremely low-yield poorly built nuclear warhead, most likely with a blast diameter less than 1000 feet (that means the possibility of being injured by the blast or projectiles from the blast) and an immediate fallout area of a half a mile or less. That's pretty much a worse-case scenario, too. I definately don't see this issue, or even the middle east issue, becoming a nuclear standoff at any point in the future. There's still ample hope for all these issues to be solved without additional war as well, as the world, including many muslim people in the middle east, is very quickly getting fed up with radical islamic militants. I do think there'll be quite a bit more conflict, but I don't think all hope is lost, or even in doubt.

I don't want to sound rude by saying the situation is good, but a political person on Fox brought up a great point about this cartoon thing. This is hurting the radical islamic people around the world quite a bit as people are realizing "Hey, these people (radical militants) really are violent idiots. Why are we putting up with this?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is unknown if Iraq possesses nuclear wargear and biological weapons.

I don't remember if this is true, but I think U.S.A demanded that Iraq should destroy ALL of their nuclear weapons and similarities. Who knows if they really did destroy all of them?

And, I don't doubt there is Al-Qaeda in Denmark, but I don't think they are possessing bombs or similar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Ravincal
    It is unknown if Iraq possesses nuclear wargear and biological weapons.

I don't remember if this is true, but I think U.S.A demanded that Iraq should destroy ALL of their nuclear weapons and similarities. Who knows if they really did destroy all of them?

And, I don't doubt there is Al-Qaeda in Denmark, but I don't think they are possessing bombs or similar.

As we're currently occupying Iraq, I wouldn't consider their alleged nuclear arsenal as any kind of major threat. From all the reports I've heard, Iraq never even came close to a finished nuclear weapon, though I do think it's a bit fishy that the US didn't find anything of real interest in Iraq; seems too innocent, if ya ask me. But anyways, I very highly doubt the possibility of a high-yield nuclear weapon being used against Denmark any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as Iraq goes, I still think Syria might've smuggled the weapons over into their country to hide what Saddam had been up to. I mean.. the past how many presidents, not just George W. Bush, were told that Iraq had nuclear weapons? Quite a few if I recall correctly. The folks that help the President are the best int he business, and don't very often make such statements without 'something' to back it up...

Anyway, that's beside the point <.<

As for nuclear war.. I doubt that would happen actually. The only middle eastern countries that I know of that have nuclear technology is Israel, pakistan, and (though not part of the Middle East) India.

No terrorists to my knowledge have any nuclear weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hrm..to be honest, the whole thing starts to really scare me..
    Religion has become a very difficult and dangerous topic nowadays...I think it is never funny to joke about things that nearly the whole world believes in (talking about religion in general here) - and the more it is scary to see how easily things can get out of control because of some pictures (don't get me wrong here, I also think publishing this stuff was completely wrong), but if you think about this: it is a big deal people now make out of it, they burn down buildings and stuff like that, because of some 'pictures' - what comes next when someone for example says something against a special religion on the radio, or on TV? Or what if people are attacked or even killed on the street and stuff like that here in Europe or America, too, 'just' because of religion (if you don't count ***asination attempts [*is amused about the censure here* ] as they are already happening, of course, which I highly despise and think of as an act of cowardice, not something of honor as those people do who kill themselves and many others, because they think they'll be honored for it afterwards)? Will we have a (nuclear) war then directly?
    Like many people said before me, things have gotten very far, it is just a matter of time and could depend on a little reason to make things explode...

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    |^| Atimon : Very true indeed. But that is why I make my decisions now, and too not wait. I cannot go home now for many reasons, this out break one of them.

It may not be the radio, or the TV that we will hear these things. Soon enough it may be in our faces. The war is slowly stretching, farther and farther. More people are starting to express their true feelings, major people, that effect countries even. I've been hearing more people disagree with their own countries than I have ever before.

There may be terrorists now, with weapons. Nuclear. M***ive. Or even grounds forces, air forces, water forces. We may not know about it. We trust so much in the system, but how easy is it to miss once? It's a sickening situation, but I grin at it, and not with a twisted or sick sense of humor mind you.

First they threatened. Now they rebel. Next a counter attack. Then another attack. Then war. It could go very differently, but they way it's going now well, it doesn't look like basket of cupcakes. I think there is a little bit more going on here than what we're actually permitted to know. I've studied it in history plenty enough.

Chances are, if the areas around Denmark and such get into a war,the USa and such like her herself will remain Neutral against the conflict, except for the troops we already have out there.

A poll was taken the other day, from CNN. 39,00 people out of 33 countries voted the three leading Negative influencing countires, in their opinion.
    Afghanistan - USA - Russia and the two Postive influences were Japan - Europe .

I just thought that was pretty freakin' funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not the one who edited the paper or the one who burned flag, so I don't know the truth. But through what's been said in this thread, both Moslems and Danmark are acting oddly

Talking about possiblity, it is possible that Islam extremists are in control of the paper, and it's fairly possible that Danish racists burned that flag.

But what I sure is this: throughout the history of Europe, there were some "people" purposely raising hatred between western and mid-east nations, between Christian and Moslems, for their own power and benefit. They made, as Nuka said, some not exactly brilliant event in the history. I believe I just saw their faces again, today.

I don't think the leaders of both Danmark and Islamic nations are babies, but just for us, let's not walk straight into the same trap which stumbled our world thousand years ago, for it would be too stupid to do so.

And for anyone neither Dane nor Moslems, I don't consider you love your own country to want her go into a war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is very possible, Huma. Causing a conflict between the most influential religions ever. Would give someone just enough advantage to either take the heat off themselves or trek their way into some sort of external power, both? It appears (at least for now) any applicatory use of nucleonic armaments is very low. As far as any terrorist having atomize weaponry, isn't out of the question, no sir! I wouldn't worry about a WW3, but don't dismiss any of the signs that are given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man...I don't see any war starting over religion and all...I see it starting over money. Money runs the world...just like it runs the streets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I beg to differ, Roog. Most theoreticians and pundit people alike agree that religion causes all major wars, and it's the governments that fuel these fires. And Roog it's ALL about the money, for most; if not all... >>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sonkakee
    I beg to differ, Roog. Most theoreticians and pundit people alike agree that religion causes all major wars, and it's the governments that fuel these fires. And Roog it's ALL about the money, for most; if not all... >>
    I agree...I guess my point will be that not all sides will be in it over religion...I'm sure some players will be in it to protect their interests across the world. But before we fight and worry about a war over-seas, I think we should worry about the war on the streets. In our own back yards. that's the war I see that's influenced by money...My friends haven't had guns pulled on them and drive bys done on them over religion in that war, but over 2 dollars and drug territory, yes...

EDIT: some good news...I read that Lebanon has apologized to Denmark for the rioting in Lebanon...even Muslim Clerics entered the crowd trying to stop people from rioting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, r00g!

And Huma, you seem to be on the right track:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=1584113

"The Middle East has for months been a powder keg of anti-Western rage over the war in Iraq and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. But some observers say the furor over the drawings may have been exploited or intensified by some Muslim countries in the region to settle scores with Western powers."

---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, very similar to what I guess

some farther observation: this incident doesn't concern freedom of speech or religious offense.

freedom of speech doesn't cover freedom to insult other people's belief (even by jokes since it does the same thing:insulting). take LH for example, do we have freedom of speech? is insulting others' belief allowed here?

As been said before, being religiously offended by a newspaper doesn't validate boycott toward a country and any flag-buring stuff.

conclusion: this two terms were used by media or whomever have the intention to exaggerate the conflict againt the truth.

deduction: since the intentional exaggeration is present and the incidents following are only towards increasing tension, this boycott have high probability to be plotted. Danmark government should be taking action to investigate who made the comic and who edited it, just some background investigation, since they are not ashamed by what they did. And that ISESCO, its name is devoted to education/science/culture, how could it suddenly transform into a forefront of a polical campaign? Does this E/S/C organization really has the power to call Islamic sovereignties its "member states"? This incident doesn't seem to go as a diplomatic situation caused by cultural conflict. This world has bigger source talking Islam in hostility than this Danmark newpaper and been ignored. These things are indicating this incident is pure-political rather than cultural, even cultural-political.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as religion wars go.. The Pope has clearly stated that he sides with the Islamic people on this issue. So don't expect a war between Christianity and Islam.. well.. at least the Catholic denomination *shrugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nuka
    As far as religion wars go.. The Pope has clearly stated that he sides with the Islamic people on this issue. So don't expect a war between Christianity and Islam.. well.. at least the Catholic denomination *shrugs*
    That's good to hear So hopefully this is all over now?