Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Muslims starting boycot against Denmark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread is closed.

(Thread pending review for harassment.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread has been revived. Review complete. (Please note: any furthering harassment will not be tolerated, this will result in a thread reclosure, and subsequent warnings...) !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "One must think a hundred times before printing something in a newspaper."

Sure, you can practice free speech, but there just are some things you can't do (like going to Havana and expressing your hatred for Castro... ).

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I do not know if they rage out there with the same power, but I've bee seeing more clips and they seem pretty much angry and hostile to a dangerous extent. What I feel is that they do not care if one man is Christian, if one man is Liberal, if one man is Indian, or Russian or Greek. They do not care if one is Democratic, or one is of any background. I believe they see everyone except their own kind as the next burning corpse. The're uncontrolable and they over re-act by propoganda. I have alot more to read on them, and see what is going on. But I think until people see the character of the enemy, the character and their motivation for their actions, we are all the next burning corpse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Only-now
    That just isn't true in so many aspects. You know the saying "Give peace a chance"?
    That's a John Lennon song buddy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, to spice things up again... I'm an Ann Coulter fan; this is from her latest column:
    The mass violence by Muslims over some cartoons reminds us why we have to worry when countries like Iran start talking about having nukes. Iran is led by a lunatic who makes a big point of denying the Holocaust. Indeed, in response to the Muhammad cartoons, one Iranian newspaper is soliciting cartoons about the Holocaust. (So far the only submissions have come from Ted Rall, Garry Trudeau and The New York Times.)
    http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't really matter if it is a song or not, people still use that as a phrase to promote peace ALL the time now.

Also, I hear that they burn fake bodies that are made to look like President Bush. Umm...can someone remind me what country was the one who printed those cartoons in the first place? For some reason, I am having a hard time remembering the United States as that country.

Just more proof that this isn't about the cartoons at all. It is just another reason to get back at the west, etc. *sighs* When will it end?

~Kiva

(Just as a question because I am not sure...who was "harassing" another here? Maybe it is something I am not aware of, just wondering)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Only-now
    Most disliked person on Lea: -!(no that isn't supposed to make you feel bad, etc, just stating my opinion on THAT one too)

*pats all the SMART people on the back* (sorry, I am just annoyed with this person)

~The Truthful, Honest, Caring, Intelligent, Lion Kiva!

((I think thats why the thread was closed *Scoots out*

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No direct assults towards anyone in a thread, where everyone can see it ! Even though mented funny maybe, some things are just not funny ...

And they are doing stuff everywhere, not just in the US you know.
    We've had troubles in Belgium aswell because of those cartoons.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now Nathalie, are you taking away our freedom of speech?

Anyway, I agree with Kiva that they are just trying to get back at the West in general since we haven't done a thing to them with the cartoons at all (that's surprising with our evil media networks and newspapers, they broadcast almost everything =P ).

If they keep whining and moaning about it, horget 'em. Tell 'em to move somewhere that fits their values and opinions better or something (i.e. the Middle East perhaps?) Then again folks int he Middle East have been printing the cartoons just as much, but there they are threatened with death and torture and such ._.;

I like the way the Pope said it; that religions should be respected, but reacting violently when they ar enot doesn't help anyone, especially your country or your religion (basically what he said, read it off BBC news :E)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No, I'm just saying, if you should have a problem with someone, then not everyone else needs to know about that, because then you attract more and more people and it could get worse

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, you can rant/rave all you want about someone/something it's OK.... ("ABROAD"). But when you use a member's name, and then you banter he/she or worse even, that's when we draw the line. People will be responsible for their actions, pompous or otherwise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never said I wasn't responsible for them...but I would hardly call that harassment. I guess calling me a sinner and liar doesn't qualify.

I did not make a point to find and force that person to listen to me...when you call someone a liar or a sinner because of their point of view, I am going to state my opinion on whether I like someone or not. I am allowed to say that I do not like someone in public aren't I?

I said that last part because apparently this person (since I can't mention names) doesnt think that I am a good human being..it was to make a point. I also remember saying exactly WHY I posted what I did (this person annoying me) so the only insult there was me calling this person "stupid" indirectly...which is not even close to worse than calling someone a liar.

There, that's my opinion on that. I take responsibility for all my actions, but if someone insults me, I will retaliate...and I hardly think I did that in a bad way.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I don't have anything else to say on the subject, and I do disagree with you, Kiva, on a few opinions, I do agree that this is not some one-sided argument where Kiva is the only one at fault (or more at fault than the other person). He was attacked, he retaliated, anyone who says that's completely wrong doesn't know a damn thing about how people work.

But back on topic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's good you do take responsibility. And believe me, I know how it feels to want to publicly humiliate a person. But I learned to restrain myself from doing that. Trust me, if this person is harrassing other members, then the mods will take care of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't trying to humilate them at all though...in fact, it seemed more like they were trying to convince everyone else that I was a sinner for saying what I did. That I was lying to everyone else.

I guess some people take that as an insult, and that last post was basically just showing that I was getting annoyed with how this person, who barely comes to the forums, has decided that they know my intentions and wants to announce to everyone that I am lying to all of you on purpose.

Maybe it is hard to understand because they weren't as open in saying that I do not like someone as me. I know that maybe that was a little overboard, but at the same time..I see that in no way did I insult this person in a terrible way. If so, then sorry about that..but I think I should be allowed to state whether I like someone's actions or that person in public. Also, I think the word choice "harassment" is a bit extreme etc.

Sorry if it seems like I am causing problems, but that seemed very directed at me when I wasn't the only one who is at fault, nor the one MOST at fault. Lastly...what was that "don't mention names"? It would be obvious who I was talking about, regardless of whether I mentioned names. It WAS a public discussion, so it stayed public...wasn't like I brought a private vendetta against them to the public eye.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe you're taking this a bit too harshly there, Kiva, and you're showing signs of some guilt. But as you said, you had some things said against you that shouldn't have been said, but nonetheless you should've came to one of us if you felt like it was unjust, and that goes for anyone else as well. Harassment? Yes, there was some copious amounts of light-treading exchanged amongst members, you'd have to be blind or na?ve not to see that. And the terms of using names and the reflectivity towards it - it's not what you say; but how you say it ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Im not taking it harshly, I just never saw anyone mention or defend me against this person's assault. I said what i did in my own way which was not any worse than their WAY of saying it. It isn't ONLY the way you say it, but WHAT you say coupled with that. I am not feeling guilty at all, I am more defensive because I feel that I am not allowed to express my dislike for someone who openly decided to insult me from the start. I don't think that I would need to go to the mods to handle someone calling me a liar. There are some things that should be left to the members to handle because they are capable...I can't see where I made a huge mistake that qualifies as "harassment". I take that term to mean that someone purposely tried to mess with someone for that very fact, which was not what I (and not even the person I dislike) did.

Anyways, I only wanted to express my distaste with that, it is over now, so yeah...

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well... what I said wasn't directed towards you in particular, in fact; it was directed towards everyone. The term "harassment" was moreover to be used as a countermeasure, than the obvious stated. - It would help and serve to prevent any more escalating hotheadedness.

=)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can see that the argumentative nature and some light insults were present..I just didn't see it as that big a deal etc. "Review for harassment" seemed like it was a bit too extreme for what had been said.

I am glad you were not directing it towards me personally, but I guess I was just pointing out that no one seemed to recognize Huma's fault in this as well. I mean, it seemed like I was the only one recognized for being wrong, etc.

I dont want to come off as someone who is just defensive all the time, etc..but sometimes it seems like the stuff that goes on here (some involving me) should be pointed out, etc.

Anyways, like I said..I am not worked up over it...I understand what you meant. I was just making clear my disagreement/thoughts/explanations.

~Kiva