Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslims starting boycot against Denmark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Muslims starting boycot against Denmark.

I think it's FREAKED!!

They are burning the danish flag in the Middle east countries.

A danish newspaper made some drawings of ''M?hammed''.
    Denmark has really gotten themselves in the gunfire this time, they are ****** on the muslims religion.

The muslims has boycotted Denmark totally... Stopping buying milk products and such things, I think it's crazy.
    This will lead to a open war if our president doesn't make a choice NOW!

An Islamic cultural organisation has called upon its 51 member states to boycott Denmark in response to cartoons of the prophet Mohammed printed three months ago in national daily Jyllands-Posten.

The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) stated on its webpage that it sought a condemnation of 'the aggressive campaign waged against Islam and its Prophet' by Jyllands-Posten.

Abdulaziz Othman al-Twaijri, the organisation's secretary general, reportedly told Arabic TV station Al-Arabiya that member states would impose a boycott until an apology was offered for the drawings.

'We encourage the organisation's members to boycott Denmark both economically and politically until Denmark presents an official apology for the drawings that have offended the world's Muslims,' al-Twaijri said.

Egypt's ambassador to Denmark, Mona Omar Attiah, warned against not taking the boycott seriously.

'The organisation has a broad appeal among the world's Muslims, and if the government doesn't make new efforts, Muslims around the world will follow the boycott and international pressure against Denmark will increase,' she told daily newspaper Information.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatc...ves/009653.php

WHAT were Denmark thinking?!

What is you guys opinion on the current situation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait a minuite. So muslims are boycotting the entire COUNTRY of Denmark, because of something that appeared in their local newspaper?

Unless Denmark has a state-run media (which I doubt), that's basically like boycotting everything american because of an article in the New York Times. Or everything Canadian for a picture in the Toronto Star...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now, no offense, but that's just a bit extreme for some newspaper images; I mean, come on, burning a country's flag for that... seems a bit childish to me.

Bud, there's not going to be a war between the Muslim society and Denmark, don't worry. Sounds like the media's magnifying the situation past what it actually is. I doubt many muslim people are really flipping out over this, probably just a few extremists got angry enough to boycott an entire county; even if it was a huge deal to a lot of people, it'll most likely turn out to be one of those things that are forgotten in a couple days. Of course, I think the newspaper probably should've avoided those images, seems a bit stupid to be putting in a newspaper looking to make money (If you sell something, don't try to tick off potential customers). I guess my opinion on the newspaper in question is a "That's Life" sorta thing, it was most likely wrong to have put in there, but one just has to shrug it off and let it go, because there's gonna be a lot of things that really offend a person throughout their life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stand up for your country and don't let it be intimidated into submission and appeasement like so much of Europe today does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I gotta say it sounds a bit silly. Then again if someone was making fun of say.. Jesus or the Judeo-Christian God.. I gotta say I'd take offense as well.

I think the newspaper is a bit stupid for testing its limits, knowing that it was treading on thin ice. I think that the extremists are taking it a bit too far though. I mean, state your disgruntlement, maybe a boycott *shrugs* depends on what happened really I suppose? Anyway..

let's see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think its a bit rash to blame all of denmark for this since it wasnt the goverment who posted it and if i'm not mistaken your country's leader did not approve of it.

They just want something to hate in the western society i guess :E

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I heard about that in news today too. I think it is kind of stupid to get mad about a comic script no matter what it is about. I mean people makeing fun of everything and we all have diffrend kind of sense of humour, so why can't people just let people laugh on diffrend kind of things. It is so stupid that some is getting mad if there is something about their religion, especially if it is a comic or a picture. I mean how many comics is there that is makeing fun of the God or series like Simpsons and south park. they are pretty much makeing fun of everything there is. People really should learn to take things, it is not that the way they think is most surelly the right way to think. No one can even be sure that any of existing religions is right, they all sure can say so, but no one can say that for sure.

And if that I am not makeing anyone mad with this post I appologie that I wanted to share my honest opinion abou the whole thing and I wish no one get offended. I do respect every single religion and country the way they are, but that doesn't mean I have to live the way they see the world.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The burning of one's flag resembles an extreme hatred. I believe some of the Middle Easterners really need a better grip on terms. Because a fun drawing of one's Messiah shouldn't be that bad of a deal. But they seem to be a commonweal amongst themselves. And I'd have to agree with Nuka on the getting upset part. But what I don't agree on is the degree of their malevolence. But I'm not them, so.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, now there's something highly offensive. I do find SOuthPark at times to cross the line now and then. And in turn I have boycotted it from myself hehe. I boycotted the Simpsons as well, but that's just because I don't find it funny anymore. That's beside the point though =P

Anyway, Denmark apologized for the paper, that's good for them *pats Denmark on the back* The newspaper is what the Islamic people should boycott, not all of Denmark >_>

Or they could always write some wonderful letters in 'appreciation' for the newspaper >_> Idk.. anything to straighten this whole mess up I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

uot

I apologize for the double post but I think everyone needs to read this as it is quite important o.o;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4670370.stm

Personally I think the French, Germans, Spanish, and Italians are trying to provoke them and should be ashamed for it. That's stupid and inconsiderate on their part =/ But even worse if this continues to intensify who knows what could happen.

EDIT:

I find this particularily offensive myself:

"France Soir said it had reprinted the full set to show that "religious dogma" had no place in a secular society." ~BBC news Quote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can't walk on the street without one of the danish muslims shouting ''Potatoe!'' Potatoe is their slang word for a ''White Danish Guy'', they didn't ran after me though, but was close to, if I wasn't walking on the other side of the street I would surely get my *** kicked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't support Islamic doctrine, but I do support the right them on the situation as it could easily be my faith that they're attacking (as if Christianity hasn't been attacked already ha =P Again though, that's beside the point)

As I stated before though, the Islamic community needs to tell off the newspapers themselves, not the people of Denmark, or any of the other countires either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I agree with Nuka that it shouldn't have happened, I think these people that're acting like this have gone off the deep end. I'd encourage you to listen to Darkslash on the issue, this is your country and you can't submit to these people whenever they get angry. People have been getting insulted since the dawn of man, there's nothing wrong with being offended, but one still needs to act with dignity about it. This is going to be the third World War, if it's not already (This meaning the rising conflicts in the middle east and abroad). The best thing anyone in the west can do is not back down to extremist religious hate, persecution, and terrorism.

I would have supported their anger, but once they start threatening violence for something as petty as this, they've given up their right to protest and it's time for the country of Denmark to start letting them know who's in charge in your country, and that would be the good, law abiding citizens. That, of course, does not mean no muslim person should be pissed, because not every muslim person is acting like this, but I do think the Danish government needs to be upfront with the extremists that they won't tolerate violence or threats of violence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 12 drawings ? published in a Danish paper in September and in a Norwegian paper this month ? included an image of the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/...het_drawings_5

There's truth in every joke... or else it wouldn't be funny. This depiction isn't far off from what radical Islam and radical Muslims are doing these days, literally and metaphorically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    News; The racism danish people are going to burn the Corane on Saturday.

No-one can predict what will happend after that.
    Muslims are threatening Denmark telling us that it will be a ''Bloody Weekend''

Come and get me!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    /^ OO Do you mean the Muslim Bible?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    that would be called the Corane / Koran, yes (or how you may spell it in English)

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes the Koran. And now, people is really starting to get the racism behaviour.. Which is NOT good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Burning a holy book.. never a good thing. I gotta say that there is absolutely no purpose in burning the holy book other than to cause anger and hatred. I question Denmark's actions. First the newspaper publishes it, then the Danes apologize, then all of Europe jumps on the bandwagon for some reason, and now.. they're going to burn the Koran?

I see bad things in the future =/ Not good, not good at all.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    oh come on... don't start a war for one comic script... that is just so stupid. People in this world just get offended so easily. yeah I can see it is offending to burn some county flag or holy book... but then again. Why do so many people have make so big thing out of it, we are diffrend ok, but if someone thinks it is fun to make fun of religions we should let it be, as long as it doesn't do any harm for anyone.. people just get annoied and lose their nerves WAY too easily.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.