Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovu's Territory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    Kovu left the hunting grounds, deciding to give up breakfast for the morrow, and headed his way back to Pride Rock, for the call earlier was still fresh in his mind, and he hadn't a clue what was going on either. And thus was why he needed to get back as soon as possible. He sped up from his trotted run into a full out dash, his paws thundering across the plains as he headed his way to his home. Until he saw figures of what seemed to leonine, and then a familiar.. and unfamiliar scent coming in as the wind blew unto him.

"Nala.. and... Someone" he whispered to himself as he started to slow down the pace in which he ran. Walking slowly closer to the scene of Nala and the stranger. Until he noticed something he'd never seen before..

The stranger wasn't lion.. Cheetah, or leopard, To be honest.. Kovu didn't know what it was, He walked up a bit closer and gave a gruff cough, trying to get attention adverted to him as he saw Nala, apparently she had asked something for the creature looked as if he was going to speak.

"Is there a problem here Nala?" Kovu asked affirmatively(sp?)
    Originally posted by Nicoga
    Near Pride Rock

As if his luck couldn't get any worse, another figure appeared in his line of sight - and this one was a male. The tigon quickly climbed to his feet, deciding to just plant his rear in the ground and take whatever was coming at him. Thankfully, all that came at him were questions and strange looks. Well, he was use to the looks, but questions for him? Not often did he hear that.

All he could offer for Nala was a shake of his head. No, she couldn't help him with anything. He was just... there, with cubs that she was probably going to protect if he tried anything suspicious. Well then, Tariku, better not act suspicious! The sandy feline looked up at Nala like a youngster, ears still pinned to his skull and a forepaw prodding the earth nervously. His faintly-striped tail curled tightly around his left hind leg like a security blanket. Finally turning from Nala and looking to the male lion, Tariku bobbed his head in a small greeting, figuring him the one in control.

Despite the tension, Tariku felt a bit safe in their presence. A genetic urge to socialize and be in a group. It was a strange feeling mingled with another that just wanted them to go away. However, he listened to the first inclination and stayed put as he awaited what kind of fate they would give him.
    Nala's attention quickly snapped to Kovu as soon as she heard him approach. She visibly relaxed to see him finally show up. She offered a small smile to him, nodding her head once as a greeting.

At the new King's question, Nala looked back to Tariku. She couldn't help but let her expression soften. The poor cat looked a bit confused and nervous. She didn't feel any of the bad vibes with him. He looked just about as lost as a cub. She gave a motherly smile to the large hybrid, the looked back up at Kovu.

"Not here," she said calmly with a shake of the head, "but there may be a situation closer to Priderock. A group of rogues have shown up, wanting to speak with you."

-------

Sengalo watched with suspicious eyes as Simba singled out Rac, walking towards him as if the others here didn't exist. There was something about the look in the old King's eye, as if remembering something. Sengalo's darkly rimmed ears perked forward, curiousity peaked by this.

The words that were exchanged between the two took Sengalo aback. Whoa, wait, what?! Simba's son? How was that possible? There was another cub other than Kiara? And Sengalo had gone all this time without even knowing?

He blinked disbelievingly, but held back a sudden urge to take a swipe at this other forgotten prince. He watched as the two lions walked off, possibly seeking a more secluded area to get reacquainted(sp?). Sengalo padded closer to Tekua, not taking his eyes off of the two yellow lions as they disappeared. "That was... unexpected," he managed to say to the other lion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kopa
    The warm smile melted from Simba's face. He sensed something that chilled him about Rac, though he never let it show. A more serious look took the place of that warm smile which had vanished. He took in a deep breath and then slowly exhaled. He still couldn't believe that Rac had returned. I thought I'd never see him again. A feeling of sorrow seemed to escape with that exhale. Simba never took his eyes away from Rac's. With a calm and serious voice he said, "I wish to speak with you in a more private area. The choice is yours whether or not you decide to follow."

Simba completely ignored everyone else in the cavern and walked outside....
    Rac's face changed from grin to a slient smile, in the corner of his eye the young lion could see Sengalo's look of disbelife and suprise. A the small grin reappeard on Rac's face as a gesture to Sengalo. Looking back at the former king hearing his words the yellow lion shruged slightly as he turned away from the others and followed his father out the cave. For a more private conversation. He seem changed... why is he happy to see me, I-I thought he hated me.. Rac tought to himself as he followed behind Simba, his head slightly lowered as his gaze focused on the ground, occationally glanceing up at Simba, it was clear that the young was in deep thought..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Orrigaly poasted by Katse

She gave a motherly smile to the large hybrid, the looked back up at Kovu.

"Not here," she said calmly with a shake of the head, "but there may be a situation closer to Priderock. A group of rogues have shown up, wanting to speak with you."
    Alex just listened to what Nala was saying. Wandering if the rouges she had mentioned was referring to him and his cubs.

Alex tried to snap him self out of his grief for long enough to try again to speak. Nala gave him the opportunity to talk on another subject.

"Nala who are these rouges you talk about?" Alex said finally getting something out of his mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Alex kile
    Alex just listened to what Nala was saying. Wandering if the rouges she had mentioned was referring to him and his cubs.

Alex tried to snap him self out of his grief for long enough to try again to speak. Nala gave him the opportunity to talk on another subject.

"Nala who are these rouges you talk about?" Alex said finally getting something out of his mouth
    An ear swiveled in Alex's direction as she heard him, her head following. He had been so quiet and she had been so wrapped up in the hybrid newcomer and Kovu that she didn't realize he was there. She offered a nod to the lion and a gentle grin. She had heard of what happened to his mate. His moping was a dead give away, as well.

"A group of 4 or so young males," she replied, her answer directed at Kovu as well as she glanced at him, "two claim to be from a pride that worshipped Scar. The others I'm not so sure. They're all requesting to stay with us." She paused, thinking over what she had said, brow lowering slightly. "Simba and Twilight are with them right now," she continued in an affirmative tone, "but they need you, Kovu, before any decisions are made."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alex had no time for Scar's memory for two reasons. Scar killed Mufassa who was the closest thing Alex had to a father. The lion that literally took him from a skin and bones young adolescent. To an adult, father of two and a feared hunter.

The other reason was for depriving Simba of a father and a real cubhood as Alex saw it.

Alex couldn't stand the fact that this evil lion was worshiped.

"Kovu I'll come with you and lend my support to keep the piece. If they are anything like the Scar I knew they would do anything to gain power. You need to watch out for them Kovu and keep your wits about you." Alex said Still moping a bit.

Alex was the size and build of Mufassa with the same gentle kind heart. He was the sort of lion that would help anyone in the pride-lands who would ask him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Near Pride Rock

With his body hunkered down on all four paws, the tigon watched the two royals quietly. A third appeared, only to set off a conversation, a conversation he kept out of. Like a cub, he watched with an interest, though he knew not what they spoke of. Still, it sounded important, so he didn't ask.

The rounds of his ears slowly unfolded from his skull, turning his eyes back to where the cubs were for a moment. They had been the reason he came over here, and he severely hoped the 'rents weren't all that angry. The lioness didn't seem too concerned, which was good. Females seemed less violatile than the males. Turning his sights back to the three felines, the smaller hybrid of a tiger/lion bonding pinned his ears back again and waited for any kind of confirmation that he was going to be okay.

[blargh.. sorry for the wait... been busy.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alex smiled his gentle smile at the tigron. Alexs nature was one of trust.

Alex had time to think about what he had just said.

"Kovu I really really hope I'm wrong and they are not like Scar in any way." Alex continued to Kovu.

Alex respectfully nodded his head and sat down next to Nala and Tariku.

Alex turned to Tariku.

"How long have you been in the pride? I only got back myself two weeks ago.

Alex then noticed the concern Tariku had on his face.

"Tariku I lost Mufassa my adopted father to Scar. Mufassa took me in as his own and tort me how to survive. This was before Simba was born. Mufassas heart was as big as the pridelands. He was the most gentle gient I have ever known.

I guess I'm still getting over his loss as well as Shona's and I only found out of his death when I returned to the pride-lands.

I'm like you in a way but I will leave that story for later." Alex continued.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bookisi looked round, she could be here for some time maybe she better get a feel for the place she thought. She took a step out of the cave she had been resting in and wondered if she could befriend anyone. Perhaps then she could find a way of finding Kovu or at least have someone to talk to. She was getting lonely being in an area far from home where she didn't know anyone. Bookisi looked around again, sighed and lifted her front paw as she started to walk. "there has to be someone around here somewhere" she thought to herself as she headed towards the water hole for a drink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Skye
    Bookisi looked round, she could be here for some time maybe she better get a feel for the place she thought. She took a step out of the cave she had been resting in and wondered if she could befriend anyone. Perhaps then she could find a way of finding Kovu or at least have someone to talk to. She was getting lonely being in an area far from home where she didn't know anyone. Bookisi looked around again, sighed and lifted her front paw as she started to walk. "there has to be someone around here somewhere" she thought to herself as she headed towards the water hole for a drink.
    Yianni walked up too Bookisi as he saw her coming too the watering here."Hi there I'm Yianni" He said with a friendly smile.

"I don't care I used too be a loner I'm used too traveling alone too. This place is real boring anyway" Dani lied the truth was he loved Sakura and would follow her anywhere Dani was just too nervous too tell her how he really felt.
    (For NTL)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Scout The Playful Cub
    Yianni walked up too Bookisi as he saw her coming too the watering here."Hi there I'm Yianni" He said with a friendly smile.
    Bookisi smiled as she was greeted - it was nice for someone to have said hello to her now she'd come out of hiding.. "Hey there" I'm Bookisi" She smiled back.

Sakura was a little suprised at what Danni had said. "but you have friends here" she told him! "Surely you don't want to leave them behind now you've made friends?" she asked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince_Kivoru
    Kivoru stopped and looked to the sky Grandfather Mufasa...help us he thought. He then turned to his brother and smiled "I hope not...because it wouldn't be right if one of us got jealous of the other for being the king." Kivo sat on top of a rock and looked over the vast lands, "Judging by the stories we've been told Scar was just hateful toward anscector Mufasa. You and I will never be that mad at each other."
    "Yeah I know it was just hatred towards Ancestor Mufasa, by what Grandpa Simba has told us he was a preety evil guy. And we're being raised by the best two parents in the world a former princess of the Pride Lands and a Rouge of the Out Lands but now there the best two parents in the world." *Kiovu ran over to his brother and layed next to him* "I wish Dad and Mum were here to see this beautiful view."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Skye
    Bookisi smiled as she was greeted - it was nice for someone to have said hello to her now she'd come out of hiding.. "Hey there" I'm Bookisi" She smiled back.

Sakura was a little suprised at what Danni had said. "but you have friends here" she told him! "Surely you don't want to leave them behind now you've made friends?" she asked
    "I don't know them too well. You're one of my best friends. I really want too come with you that is unless you don't want me too come. Something tells me you're trying too change my mind like you don't want me around." Dani said.

Yianni took one of Bookisi's paws and shook it energetically. "Pleased too meet you"He said energetically. "Wanna be friends?" He asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    John and Sarah bounded up to the cubs who were talking.

"Sarah I'm going to get you for pulling my tail!" John said.

"As if you could catch me! Lionesses are built for speed. So you being a guy wont catch me at all." Sarah replied laughing.

"That's what you think Sarah I can run as fast as you can" John said. to his sister.

As they approached the princes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((arghh.. i forget.. sowie..))

Chuki quietly crept behind Priderock. When she reached a tree she just stared at Priderock and sighed. She didnt want to be there anymore. Suddenly she heard some noise, rustling leaves, she got up and looked around,'Who are you and what are you doing here?'

A dark figure formed and there was a voice that said,'Iam the royalty and i am here to claim my lands.' The figure stepped foward and it was clear who he was.'i am Scar, listen cub, you tell anyone you saw me and i shall kill you!'

Chuki stepped foward,'Father?' Scar looked at herwith a confused expression,'What are you talking about?' Chuki went up to him with tears in her eyes,'It`s me dad, Chuki..' Scar looked at her with widend eyes,'No, I cant believe it, i thought you had been killed.' chuki brightened up and said with a wide smlie,'Well im not that weak,o happened to be your daughter.' Scar smiled at her and then asked,'Where`s your mother and why arent you with the rest of the lionesses?' Chuki replied with sudden bitterness,'I dont know she must be with all the lionesses and i dont feel i should be there.' Scar didnt want to upset her so he changed the topic,'Can you hunt? how about getting your old father some food?' She looked at him and smiled,'No problem i`ll be back in a while, stay here and don`t let anyone see you.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Near Pride Rock

Those gold-flecked eyes only stared at each in turn, confusion written over his lightly-striped face. Something important indeed. Even some attention was put on him as the second male began to speak to him. The tigon only listened silently, wearing a face of curiosity and slight understanding. At the question of being part of the pride, the hybrid only shook his head in disagreement. He had only recently been plopped into the Pride Lands, evidence tracing over his neck in the form of a radio tracking collar. He was part of no pride.

The only information he gained from the lion was that this Scar fellow was evil. A foster father lost. The newcomer did not know either of them, or of any current events. And how could the second lion know they were alike? They had only just met. Perhaps his timid outlook was revealing more than he wanted...

Bobbing his ruffled head in a simple gesture of understanding, Tariku glanced back to the first lion and the lioness. They seemed awfully quiet, and it was making him nervous. Something big must be up, and the poor tigon had stumbled right into the middle of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alex looked at the tigron and his tracker collar.
    he still seemed a little out of sorts with the rest of the pride

so Alex decided to tell him a little more about his
    past

"Those things are a pain in the neck literally

I was a house pet for ten years while Shona was alive. She was left a paraplegic after a poture shot her." He continued. Before moving his long mane out of the way revealing a leather collar underneath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OOC: Sorry guys, I was gone from Lea for a week :P I'm back now so here's muh postsss))

IC:

Kovu looked to Nala as she spoke to him, his eyes continued over to stare at the Tigon, He was so curious about what he was, It WAS nothing you would see everyday, however the thing that caught him was how he could have lion and tiger like appearances, and mostly the question kept running over in his mind, What to do with him.

Kovu cleared his throat and put his paw on the ground affirmatively, to show some power in his speech and actions. He looked to Nala, and said in a calm, playful like voice.

"Does he talk?"

Kovu then looked to the lion that appeared somewhat magically behind Nala, He raised a brow and smirked to him, "Hello Alex, How's the cubs?" He questioned, moving closer to the Tigon, he left the conversation away from Alex which he rightfully started, but was actually only waiting for him to respond, He then stole a glance to Nala, "So these Rogues, Were with Scar? Perhaps I know them..." he said in a soft voice so only she could actually hear him,

He looked right back at the Tigon, for some odd reasons he just couldn't stop staring at him, it wasn't like a stalking stare, but more of a curiousity stare, of which he wanted to learn more about him.

"Can I ask your name fella?" Kovu asked politely.

~~~

Tekua looked on at the scene as things started to unfold, it seemed Simba had finally found his son, but what Simba didn't know.. Was his son wanted him dead.. He looked on as the two started to leave the cavern and he raised a brow, mostly to Rac to see what he was planning, but it was too late, he had already walked out and was out of sight,

He stole a glance to Sengalo, "We never planned anything before after this... What are we going to do if we arent accepted, and what if we are?" He asked. Sengalo might not have looked like much from the outside but in reality he was all brains, and that's all you really needed to win a fight, especially if your opponent was bigger than you, Technique overcomes Strength. And from what Tekua had witnessed with the young Adolescent, Technique was fully his style.

Other than that question, Nothing else was going through the young lions mind, Having a clear consience(sp?) is the key to victory as some had usually said to him in his travels, and now that he was here, He'd put those lessons to use.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Near Pride Rock

Tariku eyed Alex with a confused look, a tad of distrust in his eyes as well. This lion was spilling a lot of information to him, and they didn't even know each other's names! It just made him feel uncomfortable. Was this what lions did in a pride...? Trust each other so easily? He wasn't even in the pride, so he didn't know.

To make him even more fidgety, the other male was just.... staring. Like a cub, the tigon hunkered down lower on his lanky legs and shifted his eyes to the dark-maned male. A gulp wetted his throat before he answered the elder's question in a low, almost inaudible voice. "T...Tari..ku..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "My cubs are fine thanks Kovu. They are being minded buy the lionesses who are looking after the cubs."Alex said before diping his head in respect to Kovu.

Alex realy didn't know what to do with the tigron to get him to understand that he too was reliced into the wild. Then he remberd his fisrt day in the pridelands and how sacred he was of Mufassa. But that was many years ago.

Alex knew alot about humans and their ways. As well as what exactly the hibred was. But none of this was easy to convay to Tariku. But what would Tariku think if he told him the whole trouth now.

Alex realy just wanted to put Tariku at ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kivoru was feeling a little strange about the new comers to the Pridelands, Rogues don't come around very often, " I wonder what gradma and gramps are doing." he said under his breath, looking back where he left the adults alone to talk. Catching the scent of his father he began to trot onward.

After a few moments, he finally saw the dark fur of his father and the cream fur of his grandmother, cautiously he gazed at the other blurrs of fuzz he saw from his perch on the hill. "There they a--" the sudden rumbling of Kivo's stomach inturrupted him. he ignored it and continued on down the hill, when it happened again, "I'll eat later..." he said to himself. Not wanting to give away his position he remained low to the ground and snuck up behind his dad to evesdrop on their conversation.