Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovu's Territory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    "Bomani!" he called out to the yellow lion. "Think you can do me a favor and watch this guy for me!?" He asked in quite a loud voice, so the lion could hear his words clearly, and easily. "Or answer that for me!" He called out once more. He turned back to the lion and shrugged showing a slight smirk, "heh, problems with the Pride I suppose.." He said with his smirk turning into a slight smile.
    Watching Jaha's mate slowly disapear from the group he averted his eyes to the small herd of Zebra in the far distance probably moving about to new areas to graze in.
    The shade of the tree he sat down in was slightly cooler than it was out of it; but the heat didn't effect him either way just it was nice to have it out of his eyes for once.

The sudden sound a roar made his ears perk up and look in the direction of Pride Rock wondering what was happening there; he glanced over at Kovu who was looking back at him wondering what was going to happen next.

The sight of another lion by Kovu's side made him raise a eyebrow thinking for a moment wheter or not to do something but Kovu was wise enough and he hadn't done anything so didn't do anything.
    His ears perked up and looked back to Pride Rock for a moment before hearing Kovu's voice and looking back in his direction.
    He listened to what he had to say before looking at the other lion for a moment as Kovu continued to talk.

"I'll go with the second option" Bomani replied nodding "Not like everyday Nala does this afteral; and well if there is a problem not going to let you get hurt" he smirked "Thats if you'll allow me to go back and see whats happening?" he said questioning awaiting for a answer glancing back towards Pride Rock once more.
    "Besides lion sitting wasn't in my job description" he laughed looking ahead still.

He let out a loud roar hoping Nala could catch that herself before looking back at Kovu.
    "Haven't done that in a while" he chuckled and smirked.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Makarov pinched his brow and cast a glare upon this so called Bomani. He wasn't an infant, nor did he like being discussed upon in third person.

I do not need babysitting. He spoke stoicaly, with a bit of anger. He didn't want any disposition bewteen he and these other lions however he didn't favor being belittled.
    Makarov saw the one whom had spoken to him, run out to the sound of a female's roar. He looked back upon Bomani with a little more dignity and answered the first question.
    Name, Makarov. I was lieutenant but no military present, just Makarov.
    He studied this other before him, observing his ways. Then he looked away and sat down, as they sought out a way to treat their new guest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sengalo's muzzle twitched again at Kivoru's suspicious words to Vitani. Wonderful he thought sickly. Cubs. Sengalo wasn't all too fond of cubs, nor they of him. These new three that showed up were no different. And what's worse, all of them, especially the one with the rather long hair tuft, suspected something of him. His mind racing with tactics and ideas, Sengalo realized how important those cubs were to being accepted into the Prideland pride. Cubs were the liveliehood of the pride. It was normally the case that if the cubs were persistantly untrusting of newcomers, the rest of the pride weren't long to follow. Sengalo lifted his gaze to Vitani, seeing her trying to convince the young lions the otherwise about Sengalo and the rest of the group. Hopefully, she would be the one to take care of that, but he may have to do something just in case.

Nala's head perked when she heard Kivoru's question. She took a glance down at him, blinking. "Well..." she began, thinking of what to tell him, "we'll find that out when your grandfather gets here, all right?" She mustered a small smile down to him, but it quickly disappeared when she heard Sengalo speak up again, his words directed at Vitani and the cubs.

"Don't worry about it, Vitani," the dark lion said with a small, but believable smile, something strangely off for Sengalo. He took a couple of steps forward, getting a better look at the lions he faced. "I get it a lot," he said calmly, "they have every right to find me 'weird,' anyway. I would be, too, if a group of strange lions came to my home, asking to be a part of the pride." He looked back at Zabad, Rac, and Tekua, then down at the cubs. "But you three and whatever other friends you may have don't have anything to worry about. We're not looking for a fight, just a place to stay. Besides..." He turned to his left, letting the cubs see the gaping slashes that ran down his right shoulder. "Even if I was looking to trouble," he continued, stealing another glance at Rac, "I can't. I'm too busted up to even swing this arm very far." It wasn't entirely a lie. Sengalo's arm still pained him, but if he really needed to use it, he wouldn't hesitate to.

Suddenly, both Nala and Sengalo lifted their heads, both hearing yet another roar ring out through the savannah. Sengalo's smile faded, while Nala's grew. "Looks like we'll be getting Bomani over here, too," she thought aloud in a hopeful tone as she stared in the direction the lion's roar came from. With the gaurdian of the pride coming to also assist her, this little predicament should be a breeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tekua raised a brow at the movements Nala had made, and the confidence she had had in her voice when she spoke, his head had turned in the direction of the second roar, it was deep, and loud. He shook his head and in his mind, thoughts, and doubtful feelings had started to form. Had they acted way to fast? Were they even going to live for more than a few more seconds now? What if they failed, what if they succeeded? They hadn't even planned anything yet. Foolish it was for Zabad to just go out and do this all of a sudden without thinking about it for a mere second. He sighed and stood staring into Sengalo's body as he walked around showing off his 'scar' from the previous fight with Rac. And he shook his head not really knowing what to do. So for the time being. He stood there.

He questioned the lioness, Nala about something she said. "Bomani? Who's that .. May I ask?" He said in a rather.. Polite tone of voice, which was awkward to him, and he didn't like the way the words seemed to spill from his mouth. He nuged Rac gently on his side and whispered something into his ear. "You're uncle..? Is it that Bomani or just another lion..?" He asked.

~~

Kovu looked to Bomani with a smirk, and shook his head at the response he gave him. "Well, if you wish to do that, then go ahead my friend. But don't get any ideas with Nala." He said giving him a wink. Sure Bomani was a strong lion, but he was also a pretty damn smart one. But like everyone he sometimes to made mistakes.. But not rarely did he ever do them, just they appeared sometimes. He looked on as he heard his mighty roar ring out across the lands in reply to the previous one Nala had sent out. "You have all my permission to head out, Go get em tiger." He said with a soft smile to the yellow lion.

His head turned back to the lion behind him, and he smirked. "Well at ease soldier, and you won't be having a babysitter.. This time.." He said with a slight smirk. "Don't have to get all militaristic upon me, but I do know how that is like." He said with a soft wink in the direction of Makarov. "My name, is Kovu. I'm the king of these lands and I take it quite seriously to admit certain people into it. "You said you wished to help us, but I don't find it right to let you, seeing I don't know if I can trust you or not. Give me one reason, thats all that I require, that you should be allowed to help us." He said with a sly smirk on his face. He wasn't trying to scare or act intimidating to the lion. But whenever he said that line, it made him have to do it. Just to see if the new comers would back off. In uncertainty that is.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Sengalo,I have many friends,and i'm smarter than the average cub." "I also no alot about Out Landers,even when they are too 'busted up' to fight,they still can,trust me there will always be an heir of Simba and my father to rule these lands." "And it is very unusual to have a roar that loud coming from Pride Rock,Dad come on some one might be hurt,let's go." *Kiovu runs off in the dierection of Pride Rock,waiving his paw in the air,motioning for his father and brother to follow*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Mind if we come with you" Dani asked Kiovu. He like all the rest of the cubs didn't trust Sengalo for one second. In a way he didn't even trust Vitani there was something about them that made Dani feel awkward being with the outsiders. Yianni meanwhile probably felt the same way Dani did because he hid behind Dani. "Don't worry Pal as long as you're with me nothing bad is ever gonna happen too you I swear".

But the poor cub couldn't help but be scared."What ifffff Sengalo or Another ouuuuttttsider tries too kill me" Yianni cried loudly.

Dani hugs Yianni protectively. "Don't worry no outsider will even consider laying a paw on you not while I'm alive. You're my younger brother Yianni and I'm not gonna let anything happen too you I swear it on my own life" Dani said holding up his right paw in the air like he was testifying in court.

Yianni hugs his brother protectively. Dani always knew what too say when he was feeling bad.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion

His head turned back to the lion behind him, and he smirked. "Well at ease soldier, and you won't be having a babysitter.. This time.." He said with a slight smirk. "Don't have to get all militaristic upon me, but I do know how that is like." He said with a soft wink in the direction of Makarov. "My name, is Kovu. I'm the king of these lands and I take it quite seriously to admit certain people into it. "You said you wished to help us, but I don't find it right to let you, seeing I don't know if I can trust you or not. Give me one reason, thats all that I require, that you should be allowed to help us." He said with a sly smirk on his face. He wasn't trying to scare or act intimidating to the lion. But whenever he said that line, it made him have to do it. Just to see if the new comers would back off. In uncertainty that is.
    Makarov was not swayed at the authority before him, but alloted a place in his mind that demanded respect. He'd learned that respect may also be an exact translation to 'walking upon like a carpet' to those that did speak any English. These lions did, and Makarov was now weighing what perspective they assembled in.

Soldier... This caught his mind like claws scraping against fine rock. It aggrivated him like so. His eyeswere cast to the King, without any preface to emotion or intimidation.

I am best used in group, not alone. I cannot live alone and be happy. I come offering whatever my skills can provide. It may assist you in hunt, battle or protection. I cannot say where I am from or why I left. I am sure this will place invisable grounds before us but I still offer my alligance to your Pride.
    His English may have been clear or not, but from what it looked the King understood. Makarov was older than this King, he'd heard all about him and his background. Did this bother him? Makarov was not bothered, nor inclined to feel superior. But he also knew foolish Kings wore the same crown mighty Kings did, and that he would now have to observe everything.

He did not move from his position, but kept his eyes upon the King and spoke one more. It was not like the Military he'd been birthed from, so he allowed himself freedom of speech against his teachings.

I ask you never call me soldier. Until you've been at my side and seen all your friends die with mine , I will not go by soldier. His tone edged a hint of retort, but not alot. It disturbed him to be called soldier by one who'd not see death like himself.

To you 'militaristic' may be hobby or category other lion falls into. I let you know I do not fall into militaristic, but live military. My style be such not to seperate you and me but because that is all I know for all my life.
    He sighed, very silently unto himself, and pricked his ears towards the owner of that while ago call. He then folded them back and removed his firm look and placed it upon other things, still awaiting whatever message the King had to go by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((Wow... you guys confuse me. First off, I'm wondering how the cubs know Sengalo's name when they just met him and he hadn't even spoke of it for himself, yet. Second, I think Kovu's still somewhere else with Makarov. I find it confusing how Dani and Yianni popped up there suddenly and Kiovu is in two places at the same time. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I just thought that I'd point that out.))

Nala turned from the supposed direction Bomani would be coming from, hearing Tekua's question. She pondered on it for a moment, thinking of what to tell him. "A dear friend of ours," she replied calmly to him with a small smile. She felt it good enough to give only that information.

An ear twitched as Sengalo heard one of the cubs speak up. He stared down at Kiovu, processing through the cub's words. Spunky little thing, wasn't he? "Child," he said with his smile, "of course, I know there will be many heirs after Simba, but what does that have to do with me? Again, we're only looking for a place to rest. Aren't we, boys?" He looked over his shoulder at his "companions," his fake smile turning into a smirk that only they would notice, not really expecting an answer from them.

Sengalo decided not to retort to Kiovu's assumption of him being an Outlander. It was inevitable that they would meet Kovu and if the lion were to recognize Zabad or Sengalo, that lie Zabad had come up with wouldn't work. It would be better not to repeat it to a cub. If that were to turn up, anyway, Kovu wouldn't be able to use it against them, since he had grown up being the livelihood of the Outlanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC: Idk if I stated this or not.. But since Lions can't teleport In real life as we know it, I don't think they can in The Lion King domains either. Meaning moving a character from one place to another instantaniously when they werent there to begin with. Also Characters are not Mind Readers, Unless something is typed in quotations (words that are spoken) Or bold as in Utora's posts, then they shouldn't know what else was said or done, Sure you know it In Real Life as a human, but that doesnt mean you're RP character has to know This will solve a lot of confusion.. And eh I don't think I have to say anything else really..Also I dont think I have to make a reply yet, or I can but I'ma wait on KS :P))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Scout The Playful Cub
    "Mind if we come with you" Dani asked Kiovu. He like all the rest of the cubs didn't trust Sengalo for one second. In a way he didn't even trust Vitani there was something about them that made Dani feel awkward being with the outsiders. Yianni meanwhile probably felt the same way Dani did because he hid behind Dani. "Don't worry Pal as long as you're with me nothing bad is ever gonna happen too you I swear".

But the poor cub couldn't help but be scared."What ifffff Sengalo or Another ouuuuttttsider tries too kill me" Yianni cried loudly.

Dani hugs Yianni protectively. "Don't worry no outsider will even consider laying a paw on you not while I'm alive. You're my younger brother Yianni and I'm not gonna let anything happen too you I swear it on my own life" Dani said holding up his right paw in the air like he was testifying in court.

Yianni hugs his brother protectively. Dani always knew what too say when he was feeling bad.
    "Sure come on guys,Yianni trust me they wouldn't dare kill a prince,plus my brother and would be the first cubs out there fighting." Ooc:Sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kiovu
    "Sure come on guys,Yianni trust me they wouldn't dare kill a prince,plus my brother and would be the first cubs out there fighting." Ooc:Sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((OOC: Wtf happened there Kiovu lol? :S Guessing that's you're reply.. I'll make it one post how about that.. lol :S ))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [ *deep breath* First time rping 'Riku... First time getting into these things...]

[Location: A mile from Pride Rock]

He had finally found something to eat. Not anything with prickly spikes on its back or spits at you from a tree, but a long-legged, twisted-horned creature chewing the same piece of hard grass for the last fifteen minutes. That was how long he had waited, patiently watching as the springy grass-eater crept closer and closer. His pelt had been better at cloaking him than he thought. The brown-gold grass easily blended his tan form, the faint stripes only adding to the facade of shadows. His heart thumped like an elephant's trot in his chest and he could barely keep his tail from twitching back and forth. He hadn't blinked for nearly a minute. His concentration was at its peak.

The silver threads of whiskers twitched as the prey came within perfect range. The predator's eyes widened before finally releasing the muscled springs in his legs and shooting forth at the grass-eater. Paws spread out with their black daggers and his yellow-white teeth came to bear, certain that he would easily catch his prey!

WHAP! Hoof met chest as the prey item bolted, leaving the leaping tigon to meet face to dirt. Skidding as his prey leaped off into the distance, the tigon Tariku groaned into the dust at his failure, his hunger, and his pain. Stupid... uh... whatever those things were...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Aunt Vitani was Dad happy the day me and Kivo were born?" *Kivo asked confused* "I bet Mom was really happy, was she?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bomani continued to look over at Kovy awaiting his words to wheter or not he would be heading back to Pride Rock or not; it had been a while since Nala had roared which made him wonder what was going on there. Surely Simba was still at Pride Rock with her; but clearly not it would of appeared.

He listened to Kovu's words and smiled letting out a slight chuckle turning his head away shaking it for a moment; he shuffled his front paws in the grass for a moment before putting his eyes back on Kovu once more.

"No ideas about Nala huh; what can I say...cute lionesses Bomani likes" Bomani laughed "I mean your Kiara is alright as well you know Kovu; don't worry I'm not doing anything there" he winked to him with a smirk on his face.
    "Anyway thank you Kovu I'm going to see what assistence Nala requires so I'll see you both later" he nodded taking a few steps before running at a steady pace through the grass back towards Pride Rock.

The sun beat down upon his dark golden brown body as slowly he gained closer home; his black and brown streaked mane flowed backwards as he ran blowing with the wind keeping it out of his eyes.

After several long minutes of steady running he neared Pride Rock increasing his speed slightly thinking of the time elapsed from Nala's roar; if something was up then time was never a good thing as many things could happen in minutes in life and death.

He stopped once more with Pride Rock only being a small distance away thinking if he roared and she roared back then he could put himself in a right state of mind and know what sort of situation it could be.
    He took a few more steps and tilted his head up slightly before letting out another loud deafening roar towards Pride Rock.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally after only a few hundred yards, Nala came into view of Simba's sight and what looked to him like a group of rouge lions. As he got closer he tried studying them to see if any looked familiar, none did ( except Vitani). To him none of them looked threatning. He knew he had to cautious though. He came to Nala's side not taking his eyes from the rouges. His eyes had a certain coldness to them when he looked at Sengalo. "What's the situation?" he asked. His ear flicked when a roar sounded through the air, he ignored it.

(( Sorry for my late replies. ))
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nala's ears flicked erect, hearing a voice that she very much welcomed. She looked over her shoulder at Simba, giving a relieved smile to him. "A group of young rogues," she informed calmly, her head facing her mate, but her eyes also on the newcomers, "they're looking for a place to stay and I suppose they want it to be us." She was glad to see Simba finally arrive. The moments without him by her side seemed to have dragged on.

Her ears perked again at Bomani's second roar. "And Bomani is on his way, too," she added to Simba. The lion's call was now a search call, asking where she was. It would've been best for her to reply. She turned slightly away from those gathered, lifting her head into the air to let out another roar, though this one was a bit softer, more like a chuff. She didn't want to blow out her voice before she got a chance to get to know these strangers a bit more.

Sengalo lifted his head slightly as he saw Simba emerge from the sea of grass into their view. They locked eyes for a moment as the former King looked them over for a moment. The dark lion felt static between that stare, suspicious vibes coming from Simba. Sengalo held back his deep urges to finally dig his claws into that golden flesh, but covered it with a small smile and a nod of acknowledgement. He looked to the others again, watching for their reactions in encountering the Pridelander. It would either make them or brake them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Kiovu runs over and pounces his Grand Father * "Hey Grandpa it seems like it's been forever since I seen you." *Kiovu nibbles on his Grand Fathers ears*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His ears perked up hearing Nala's chuff roar coming from Pride Rock; he shot a look at the massive rock structure which was only a small running distance away. Once more he took a few steps speeding up slightly into a fast run feeling the muscles stretch slightly with every stride he took.

After a few moments he arrived at the foot of Pride Rock and slowly clamberd up the rock steps slowly as not to slip or fall down; the rock felt colder than normal even with the full blast of the sun blazing down upon it.
    "Something must be up" he said quietly to himself thinking for a moment as he stalled on a rock close to the top before shurgging and making him way to the last few steps to the promotory slope and the prides den getting full sight of a group of lions; some he knew while others he didn't.

He slowly padded across the rock over towards Nala and Simba ignoring the group of rogues for a moment bowing his head to Simba before padding to near Nala's side bowing his head to her before raising it.
    "I came as soon as I heard the roar Nala. Kovu's sorting something out at the moment and suggested I come back" he said with a slight smile "What seems to be problem?" he questioned looking over towards the group of rogues that sort of surronded Nala with curiousness and lack of trust unsheating his claws slightly.
    "They aren't bothering you are they?" he questioned looking the group of rogues over before throwing a glance back at Nala before looking back at the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tahj knew something is not right it would be best to keep his mouth shut. to him about Sengalo however, he felt a sickness of butterflies in his stomach, he knew he was hiding something and Tahj was going to find out soon enough. Tahj watched a few feet away from Nala making sure that she or anyone else woundn't get hurt, he may have spunk but he never backs down from a fight even though he hates fighting." I'm not liking this." Tahj said talking to himself hoping no one heard him even though he's quiet at times.