Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovu's Territory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "My friends? Oh you mean them? This is Sengalo, Rac, Zebad, and Tekua they were exiled from their other pride and have come too the pridelands too seek refuge." She said redeeming herself trying not too smile as she lied too Nala. SHe was very good at lying and keeping a straight face.
    Zabad nodded and bowed deeply to the queen. What a disgusting thought this runt, Queen over his lovely Keyonna who would have received such an honor if Simba had obeyed his place as outkast. However if Zabad was never exiled from the pridelands, he would not had ran away from his mother and met Keyonna in the first place. Interesting.

Zabad rose again and smiled, almost sweetly but there was a sense of sickliness about it that he just could not hide.
    Tekua stood in line following the two lions before him, he found it rather.. Awkward to even be traveling like this, the last time had ever been in such a uniformed manner as walking in a line was... Puh never? He shook his head but for now he obeyed the lions that were around him for he knew straight in his mind he couldn't take down every single one of them, and plus.. You had to do things you didn't like to get to the best part.. Right? He looked over the shoulder of Rac and saw Nala as they were heading straight forward her and he thought one word in his mind as he saw the queens face.

damn..

He raised an eyebrow at Vitani as she said he was her friend Pfft, if only she knew what he thought of her.. He rolled his eyes and stared at Zabad in complete amazement as he bowed down and he told himself immediatly he wouldn't do that, EVER. He just gave a quick, friendly, smile.. Ugh how he hated being polite. "Nice to meet you.. " He muttered slightly, he looked over his fur, and he was glad he had at least taken time to clean it before he had meet up with Sengalo, for he actually looked.. Nice for once instead of his fur being all ruffled and battered from not taking care of his fur for a while.

Tekua then spoke up and tried to sound as innocent as ever as he spoke.

"I'm just a lone lion.. I found these guys.. And well we all sorta found ourselves coming into these lands and well.. We have no food.. No water... Think you can take a couple of rogues in.. We can prove ourselves... Somehow I am sure.." he said with a slight smirk appearing on his face, but it quickly dissapeared as he stopped talking once more.
    Rac kept a calm silent stature at Vitani interdouced their names. Rac's eyes didn't leave the Queen for way over a minute, his eyes narrowed slightly but then the yellow lion glanced at Tekua who had spoken up, Rac arched a brow before looking back at Nala before him.

Thoughts of his past recked his mind, this was the lioness responsible for him and his mothers exile, it was her who had stood in the way of her mother and Simba. If it wasn't for Nala, Rac would have goven these lands. The yellow lion quickly shrugged his toughts off as he noticed he was starting drift off. But he wouldn't denie that Nala was the cause off all the misery Rac had to endure through his cubhood. Both her and his father Simba where the once to pay.

Meeting Nala's gaze once more, the yellow lion showed a charming yet polite smirk at the Queen trying his best to gain a good first impression. "I wonder if she remeber me?" Rac throught through his gritted teeth, ".. but what will happen if she does.." the thoughts race through the yellow lions mind, brining it to fact that his past at Pride Rock could endanger the entier scheme.
    Zabad looked at Sengalo and thought for a moment, this was the first time he had relised how alike they were and it gave him an idea on how to reek more sympathy from Nala.
    "Me and my," he paused and gritted his teeth slightly, "brother, come from far away, exiled from our pride of whom knew of Scar and worshipped him intently, that is why we have these scars on our faces. It is a form of heritage there." He had noticed Nala had been observing their markings for some time. "But we carry them not with pride. I'm not sure if I can speak such strong emotions from my, brother, but I myself am ashamed of it. We would be most grateful of shelter since we have travelled so far without much food or water, and of course, a lion of my age does suffer quite badly under such weight."
    Nala gave a glance to each of the lions as Vitani said their names. In the back of her mind, something was telling her she knew all but one of the rogues' names. Again, the two black maned lions had a likeness to Scar, but she felt she may have met them before. The yellow one even had similar features to Simba. However, the completely red one she had never seen. It all seemed very... odd to the old Queen.

For some reason, Nala was caught off gaurd by one of the black maned male's bow in appreciation. She mustered a half smile to him, though it was forced, giving a nod to him.

She felt awkward and felt the gaze of one of the lions on her. She looked over to Rac, but quickly averted her gaze to one that finally spoke up.

The red lion was first to speak. Nala turned her head to stare at him, brow furrowing somewhat as she listened. "Well... I guess if that's the case..." she began slowly, but trailed off. Should it be her duty to decide who can safely enter the Pridelands when neither Simba or Kovu were nowhere to be seen? It left the cream lioness unsure.

The lion that had bowed now spoke up. Nala turned her attention to him, her head tilting a bit as he told his story behind the scars. What was so special about Scar that other prides had to practically worship him as one of the Great Kings? First the Outlanders, now this pride being spoken about. Perhaps, if they knew what hardship he had put the Pridelands through, they may rethink who they were modeling after. At least these two, or one of them, admitted that they weren't proud of their strange culture.

At Zabad speaking of his "brother," Nala looked up over at the second black maned lion. While the others stepped forward to explain themselves, that one lingered back, remaining in the same spot. The lion's bright green eyes watched calmly under half shut lids, the piercing orbs boring into the former Queen. Nala shuddered inwardly. She wondered why he hadn't spoken up yet. Then, she noticed that the quiet lion carried even more scars on his body, four deep gashes on his right shoulder and they looked fresh. "And what about your brother," she asked calmly to Zabad as she motioned her head to Sengalo, "what happened to his shoulder?"

Now, Sengalo made a motion to show that he was, in fact, alive under that emotionless face. His dark brown rimmed ears twitched, he lifting his head at the question. He had forgotten about that injury. He took a glance over at Rac, but finally said dully, "there's still a few pesky hyenas around here..." and that was it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zabad stared back at Sengalo, worried for a moment that he may blow it. But he made a nice cover up. It was irritating to Zabad though how little he was doing to help. He stepped back slightly and whisper so it was only audible to faux brother,
    "Stop acting so ominous, I hate this twice as much as you but this will benefit us in the end. We are just going to ahve to put up with it now beg the old goat for shelter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sengalo took a side glance over to Zabad, an ear twitching upwards as he heard the older lion's words. A small smirk found its way onto Sengalo's lips, he replying in an equally low tone, "why should I when you all have already done it for me?"

He took his gaze to stare at Nala again, now taking a step or two towards her. "Madam," he began in a more dignified manner.

"Hmm," Nala asked as she quickly turned to face him. Until now, she had been giving further examinations of the other lions, Rac especially. There was something about him... but it would have to wait.

"Judging from the... noble way you carry yourself," Sengalo continued nonchalantly, "you'd be Queen of these beautiful lands, yes?" He tilted his head to the left slightly, his scarred eyebrow raising a bit.

Nala was a bit hesitant to answer. She looked down for a moment, thinking of what she would say. "Well... not exactly," she finally said, "...but you'll find that out soon enough." She couldn't dare to show weakness in front of strangers and had to set some example for Vitani. Her uncertain expression was exchanged for a calmer and more collected one, even a small smirk of her own gracing her features.

"If you'll excuse me for just a moment," she requested and turned away from them. "I'll notify those who need to know that you're here," she finished as she looked over her shoulder. She lifted her head, inhaling deeply. She let out a loud roar, a call for Kovu or Simba if they were anywhere nearby. Hopefully, her call was loud enough that they'd hear her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zabad's eyes shifted from side to side. He was nervous now. He had hoped that Nala could give the word of whether they could stay or not, then he wouldn't have to meet with Simba or the current King (unknowingly to him, his half-brother Kovu). Simba shouldn't recognise him though, it had been far to long and he'd never met this new King yet but there was something nagging in the back of his mind and he couldn't help but feel anxious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nala's roar caused Sengalo's ears to flatten into his silky black mane. His eyes narrowed slightly, his muzzle doing the characteristic twitch in and out of a grimace. He, too, had expected Nala to give them the consent, but that obviously wasn't going to happen. She was a clever lioness and he would have to keep on his toes with her. They all would.

"It shouldn't be long now," Nala said calmly. Her ears stood erect, waiting for any kind of reply that may be returned to her. She began turning back to the group of rogues, her attention going to Zabad. She tilted her head a bit at him, a thin brow raising slightly. Was that anxiety showing through him? Nala pondered on the thought why. Did he have something to hide or was he just nervous around ruling lions? Whatever the case, Nala quit her staring before anyone could notice, as it only lasted about a second. "I'd like you all to wait here," she said sternly, nodding her head, "they should be here any minute." At least, that's what she hoped. The aging lioness didn't feel comfortable being alone with this many young males. Sure, Vitani was there, but how could she be sure if the scruffy lioness would be of any help?

"Very well," Sengalo answered to her flatly, "I don't know about the others, but if this is regular procedure..." He trailed off, going deep in thought. This group of outcasts had just met. There hadn't been enough planning between them about the different scenarios they had to face. Sengalo just hoped any of them had something up their sleeve. It would either make or brake their success in the plot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ((ackk oO. Behind xD))

Tekua's ears went low to his head when he heard Nala's tremendous(sp?) Roar, or call for help as he had thought it was, His eyes looked to his left and right at the lions beside him to see there reactions, and they were just as surprised as he was. Perhaps they had acted to quickly and didn't actually give the planning of this little scheme enough thought. Perhaps he was right, maybe he was wrong.. But he coudln't tell the only thing he knew now was that they had to think quickly and on there paws if they wanted this to work out someway or another. His dark torqouse eyes adverted their gaze back to the older lioness, Nala.

He raised a brow as to ask a question and spoke calmly as to not show his nervousness. "Was that a call for the king, or a warning call..?" He asked lowering his brow once more. He passionately waited for her reply, trying not to show his unnerving body movements.

~~~

Kovu turned around to notice a lion standing behind him, he hadn't heard or seen anything about this new creature in his land, and thus was the reason he was supposed to be doing a scavange of the lands. But it seemed the creatures were doing that search for him by coming straight to him or so it seemed. He raised a brow at the lion's question on the point if he needed help or not and he smiled softly to the lion stepping towards him for a moment.

"I'd be honored if I had some help, though I don't really know you.." he started, "..It would be nice to know you're name first however.." He said but then his ears perked at the sound of a call, the call of a lioness. And one in need. But more importantly he noted from the sound of the roar, that it was indeed Nala. His eyes looked in the direction of the call, and back to the new stranger and he sighed shaking his head thinking of what he was to do about this predicament, He was supposed to be here, to hunt with Jaha, and now he was also supposed to be here because of this new lion, but thanks to luck once again not being on his side. He was also needed in another place.

"Umm.." He started off, trying to find the right words in which he needed to say. He looked to Jaha and back to Bomani who wasn't but a short distance away, and he grinned, perhaps Bomani could watch after this lion whilst he was away, or answer that call himself.. Yeah that sounded like a good idea for the time being, he was always loyal to him so what would be the problem for him if he didn't go out and do this for him? But if all went wrong, he would just go himself and get someone to watch the lion.. Or perhaps, bring him with him to the destination in which the call came from.

"Bomani!" he called out to the yellow lion. "Think you can do me a favor and watch this guy for me!?" He asked in quite a loud voice, so the lion could hear his words clearly, and easily. "Or answer that for me!" He called out once more. He turned back to the lion and shrugged showing a slight smirk, "heh, problems with the Pride I suppose.." He said with his smirk turning into a slight smile.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simba was fairly close to the watering hole when he thought he heard voices up ahead. He stopped to listen but couldn't hear them anymore. "Hm" he said to himself. Couldn't be anything too important he thought. He was only feet away from the watering hole when his ears perked up at the sound of a roar. It took the old king a few seconds to register who it belonged to, "Nala?" he said. He looked in the direction of the roar. It sounded to him as if she needed either him or Kovu's assistance.

He wondered what his queen wanted, took in a deep breath and let it out with a mighty roar letting her know that he had gotten the message and was on his way. He started heading in her direction.
    ((Kinda late ))
    Siggy pic made by Simba '04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rac's ears perked at a responding roar, sounding across the savannah, he reconised it immediantly. "Simba..!" the throught ran through his head, his mucels starting to tense out of nerve and axciety. If Simba reconised him, what would he say?

The yellow lion's ear flatten against his dark brown mane, "Keep calm Rac, keep calm" the young lion repeated in his head, as a small barely noticeable grimase crossed his maw. Rac looked back up then meeting Nala's gaze, he gave her a quick polite grin to cover up on his axciety.

He then turned his gaze towards the place where the roar had come, towards the waterhole, the yellow lion narrowed his eyes as he stared in the direction almost as if he was lost in thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nala looked over at Tekua, hearing his question. She was about to answer him, but another roar rang through the air. Nala lifted her head, turning it slightly as her left ear perked upward. Another calm smile came to her face, blue green eyes travelling back to Tekua. "Just wait and see," she replied in a tone to match the slick look on her face. She may have been older than a good majority of the lions here, but there still was that ever present glint of youth in her eyes. She had only aged outwardly, but still was as witty and collected as she was in her younger days.

Sengalo still remained quiet with the same expression on his face, his tail twitching randomly behind him. The metaphorical gears within his mind creaked and turned. Forget the others and what plans they may or may not have, Sengalo wasn't going to risk this scheme and his life being thrown into the dirt.

Nala turned her head fully back to the rogues. Now knowing that her Simba was quickly coming to her aid, she felt more confidence swell within her. She took note of each lion's reactions to her call. All seemed to give off a sense of foreboding. She began to question herself why. Each could very well have something to hide. The two brothers, for instance. There had to be more to their so called traditions back in their pride than the older one had explained. Perhaps she could get something out of all of them when Simba arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As Kivoru ran off with his friends, he imediatly stoped in his tracks and listend to the loud rumbling roar that echoed over the savanna. "Grandma Nala?..." he said, begining to trace his steps back toward the watering hole. Then another familliar roar flew passed his perky and twitching ears "Grandpa Simba?!"

The prince was now intrigued, he had never heard his grandparents roar that loud unless they were in need of assistance. Kivo, being the curious little thing that he was, ran back to the watering hole. "What's going on?" he thought "I hope grandma didn't--" the cub's thoughts were inturupted by the sight of other Lions sitting before Nala, he gasped and put a paw over his mouth to stifle the surprised gesture, he hid in the near by bushes hoping no one heard the noise, or caught on to his scent.

The Prince watched in curiosity at the new comers, who were they? and what did they want? the questions grew in his young mind, "They better not be here looking for a fight.." he growled under his breath stepping back farther into the brush. a sudden loud snap made the young Prince jump back "YIPE!" he looked down to his rear paws and noticed a fallen twig that he had broken. Kivo layed low and watched onward, making sure not to make another sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince_Kivoru
    As Kivoru ran off with his friends, he imediatly stoped in his tracks and listend to the loud rumbling roar that echoed over the savanna. "Grandma Nala?..." he said, begining to trace his steps back toward the watering hole. Then another familliar roar flew passed his perky and twitching ears "Grandpa Simba?!"

The prince was now intrigued, he had never heard his grandparents roar that loud unless they were in need of assistance. Kivo, being the curious little thing that he was, ran back to the watering hole. "What's going on?" he thought "I hope grandma didn't--" the cub's thoughts were inturupted by the sight of other Lions sitting before Nala, he gasped and put a paw over his mouth to stifle the surprised gesture, he hid in the near by bushes hoping no one heard the noise, or caught on to his scent.

The Prince watched in curiosity at the new comers, who were they? and what did they want? the questions grew in his young mind, "They better not be here looking for a fight.." he growled under his breath stepping back farther into the brush. a sudden loud snap made the young Prince jump back "YIPE!" he looked down to his rear paws and noticed a fallen twig that he had broken. Kivo layed low and watched onward, making sure not to make another sound.
    Vitani who was with the new lions heard the snap and walked over too the brush where she had heard the snap. "It's ok Kivo your Aunt Vitani will protect you don't worry they're just ...... friends I met and I am trying too find them a place too stay here in the pridelands. As long as I'm around they won't hurt one little hair on your head or anybody else's head. " Vitani said reaching into the brush and grabbig Kivo in a protective hug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tahj looking around stopped to hear of a roar that was so luod that anyone could of not hear that roar and few mintues later another roar sounded the air Tahj looks towards the horizon and ponders" I wonder....." Tahj runs off to find out what the comotion was about and he stepped futher into the brush and finally caught on with the scent it was newcomers that came into the pridelands and the other was a scent that smelled fimilar "hmm..sounds like I have company."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    His dark brown rimmed ears twitched violently, his cold green eyes staring behind Nala at the sound of a small, startled voice. Sengalo caught a glimpse of a peach tinted yellow, shuffling around in the grass. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously, clearing his throat.

Nala gave Sengalo a bit of a puzzled look, seeing the sudden coldness coming from him. Her eyes followed his, looking over her shoulder into the grass behind her. She heard the suprised yelp and immediately recognised the voice as Kivoru's. Oh no... she thought lowly. Even if her roar could've been heard for the surrounding mile or so, the old Queen had hoped that the rest of the pride would take no notice of it. With this possible danger, the last thing she wanted were cubs interfering with adult matters.

She quickly took notice of Vitani walking over to the young Prince, hearing her console the cub. She sighed inwardly. That took care of that.

But wait. Nala lifted her gaze to the grassland that lay behind them, seeing a fair colored figure coming towards them. There was only one that she knew that had such light coloring. It was that new cub, Tahj. Nala quickly turned back to the rogues, remembering to never turn your back on strangers. Vitani would handle the cubs, hopefully.

She kept waiting for her King to arrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tahj was walking through the brush trying to find an opening, as he opened the brush to see what was going on he found Nala infront of the newcomers."Who are these lions?, Why are they here?,what do they want?." Tahj pondering in his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Tahj
    Tahj was walking through the brush trying to find an opening, as he opened the brush to see what was going on he found Nala infront of the newcomers."Who are these lions?, Why are they here?,what do they want?." Tahj pondering in his head.
    Vitani walked over too Tahj too comfort him. "Don't worry Tahj they're friends of mine they were rogues in their last pride and have decided too seek refuge here" She says with a friendly smile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kivo lowered his head and his ears layed back, "I have a weird feeling about your friends, Aunt Vitani..." his eyes narrowed as he stared at Sengalo "especialy him..." Kivoru felt a chill travel through his body, a dark, and evil chill.

He looked over to his grandmother in confusion, "So...they're going to live here now?" Kivoru stared at the new faces with a short glare, the similar glare Kovu always gave his sister when she picked on him when they were younger. The cub flicked the tuft away from his eye and continued to examine the Rogues, "I have a strange feeling about those guys, but why?" he thought to himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kiovu did agree with his with his brother. "Yeah Aunt Vitani your friends seem a little wierd."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Prince_Kivoru
    Kivo lowered his head and his ears layed back, "I have a weird feeling about your friends, Aunt Vitani..." his eyes narrowed as he stared at Sengalo "especialy him..." Kivoru felt a chill travel through his body, a dark, and evil chill.

He looked over to his grandmother in confusion, "So...they're going to live here now?" Kivoru stared at the new faces with a short glare, the similar glare Kovu always gave his sister when she picked on him when they were younger. The cub flicked the tuft away from his eye and continued to examine the Rogues, "I have a strange feeling about those guys, but why?" he thought to himself.
    Tahj had the same feeling Kivo had, what is this feeling that these guys seem strange. " yeah...they do seem a little werid."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Well your Aunt Vitani is a little weird" She said ruffling Kivo's Hair tuft. "Don't worry everyone they're just new with talking too other lions. All lions would seem a little weird if they're new but trust me weird doesn't mean they're gonna harm you or they're dangerous it just means they're a little different. And being different isn't always a bad thing. Trust me you're gonna get too know them and they're gonna seem less weird too you" Aunt Vitani said too the 3 cubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Oh ok Aunt Vitani,just make sure you introduce them to Dad,and there's something weird in the bushes over there." "It looks like another lion."