Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I'm happy today because...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Kanu and CGW
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because it's my last shift at the fair tonight! Going right from my 9-5 day job then working til 10 during the week is makes for Long. ***. Days. I can't wait to get home & just sit & do nothing for hours!

Also happy because I finally paid off all the car repairs on my credit card yesterday so I can start saving for Disney again now ^^ Yay!
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a new bed for Avery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because we'd been trying to get the place tidy for an inspection tomorrow, then I was flipping through some paperwork and glanced at the letter about the inspection, turns out it's next week, not this week. Which is completely awesome because since I've had my wisdom teeth out and been sick the house is a complete mess, so we have more time to tidy it up and I don't have to rush around doing that while sick It also means that we've tidied a bunch up and it looks better and cleaner and it's just nice to have a clean and tidy house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because weather-wise, it's the most beautiful day we've had in months, AND I have the day off work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because yesterday I was unexpectedly given a small raise! It isn't even time for my yearly review or anything o_o
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The bridge on my guitar is fixed in time for my 'Voice' audition on saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safila View Post
    The bridge on my guitar is fixed in time for my 'Voice' audition on saturday
    :O You mean the TV show??

I'm happy today because, on an up note due to an auto insurance problem, I will soon be getting new license plates and finally am going for it & getting vanity ones with "CGW" on them as the letters portion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How did it go, Safila!?

And I'm happy today because I get to spend time with friends; I've been feeling really lonely all weekend, so this is exactly what I needed :3

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My audition went well I think

Got there at 4pm, had to fill in 'yes I will' forms, police checks, confidentiality forms etc and went and sat and started the waiting. about 5.30 I got taken in for my 'get to know you' chat in front of 3 producers etc where they asked things, I knew they would but they left asking about dad till last, it was all on my application but they started how long has he passed away, what was it, how bad was it for me and mum, how did I feel,did mum have a new bf, by the time they stopped I was in tears, but got out of there not too bad. Sat back down and 15 min later one of the producers came out and started grilling mum about what was her job in sydney and then what she worked at now etc, thanked her and left.. about 6.30 I got given my number, and we were moved up to the posh soft sofas, where I was plugged in and re tuned before being taken to another room where diff producers and a record exec were waiting and a small film crew. Did my 2 songs with my guitar and then had to sing with a backing track to my #3 song which was 'Valerie' by Amy Winehouse. They stopped me half way thru that song and said they loved it the best suited my voice keychanges etc etc , all smiled and nodded and said awesome etc. Had thanked them and was heading to the door when the record exec stopped me and goes ' I know this might seem strange but one of your audition songs was 'Do you think I'm sexy' by Rod Stewart but you changed it to your own'.. I'm thinking omg he's going to tell me it was innapropriate or something, but he said 'I really enjoyed it and was wondering if you would sing it again for me so I can see if it is just as good 'live'. So away I went as they all sat there smiling and bopping along. Got to the end, he came and shook my hand, patted me on the shoulder and thanked me again and I was out the door.

Have to wait 2 weeks to hear from them if I have passed that audition and if I do it's on to the blind audition where it will be in front of Delta Goodrem, Seal, Joel Madden and Ricky Martin.
    So who knows, there was so amazing singers there on saturday.. Oh and we have all had to sign forms banning us from saying anything on social media, if caught you are kicked off straight away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It certainly sounds like they really enjoyed your audition. I'm sorry they grilled you on all those things, I mean, I suppose like you said it is bound to happen, but I can imagine it's still hard. Best of luck though, will be waiting with excited anticipation to hear if you get through, though I'm sure you will

Also, I suppose I'm happy today because I got chosen to be a mod on the rabbit forum that I'm on, which is nice since it's a really busy forum, and the mod selection was done via member recommendation, so it's always nice to know that people like you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always wondered how they did that though, got everyone's stories told and recorded, before they even knew who would go through. Wow

Fingers crossed, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because I was worried I had the flu, turns out it's only a cold! Hooray! No muscle aches for me

Also, Bandit has been super cute today. (despite the nip I got when I trip to clip his nails earlier...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because we just got out new oven hooked up! It's super exciting to have an oven after not having one (including stove) for about 4 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because I've had a great week! I got a lot done and I'm quite proud of myself, and I capped it off by seeing my favorite band in concert with my best friend ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today cause I got an email telling me I got thru to the next round of that music tv program that I signed a confidentiality agreement about and can't say

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That's great Safila!

A friend of my mom's, her daughter was on Belgian Idols, she ended up 4th ...
    I'm quite proud to say now for all these years, that I had the pleasure to perform with her 10 years ago, haha!

I'm quite happy, because I survived Kenny's sisters birthday party!
    It was about time again I'd be going to parties again from that side of the family (they are quite loud and busy) so I always feel uncomfortable, but I was fine ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safila View Post
    I'm happy today cause I got an email telling me I got thru to the next round of that music tv program that I signed a confidentiality agreement about and can't say
    Congratulations!! That's so fantastic!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Im happy today becuause the exact same problem I have studied, were part of a written test i made today, so i will get a maximun score for it!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today cause I just had Samuel playing the game threads I like so much