Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm happy today because...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoPE View Post
    Im happy today because my work just anounced that we will reduce our workhours/day from 8 to 6 without wage reduction. yay!
    WOW, does that seriously happen? No way! o_o

I never even heard of that, awesome!

Uhm, I'm happy because...it's Deadliest Catch/Tuesday night seafood night? xD
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    WOW, does that seriously happen? No way! o_o

I never even heard of that, awesome!
    Also me never heard of it, those are the effects of the protests we're having here in Brazil. (I work in a govern company)
    The reason for that is how we are going to work only part time, they will save because now they will not need to pay our lunch, also they will save on power, water, phone and other bills.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm happy because I ordered Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 2 on DVD today, now I finally have the whole series on DVD! Took Disney long enough. (Season 1 was released in 2004, and Season 2 Volume 1 was released in 2005) I seriously thought it was never going to get released. Although it's only available through the Disney Movie Club, but that is no problem for me, I was actually considering joining already since I bought so many Disney movies on blu-ray within the last year.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 4th casual job as a Disney Princess. Today had my first one on one party as Tinkerbell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because I'll see Leor all day and that we're flying to Cancun in just a couple of hours.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because the US Supreme Court ruled that DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) was unconstitutional.
    In addition, I believe NJ Governor Chris Christie just signed a bill that will hopefully help a lot of people when dealing with potentially toxic landfill emissions and making sure landfill operators adhere to regulations.
    Thus today, for me at least, was a good day in politics.

Also, I can eat solid food again. JOY! \o/

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really happy that I build and owned a new PC rig.

Processor and Chipset: Intel core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge (Speed on 3.3 GHz) & Asus P8Z77-V LK
    RAM: Daft Pu.... (kidding. ) Kingston 8 GB 1600 MHz
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 2 Tera.
    Graphic Processing Unit: Gainward Nvidia GTX 650 2.00 GB (Non OC)
    Peripheral: Steel Series Mouse Kinzu V|2, Steel Series Diablo 3 Mousemat. Razer Anansi, Soundblaster Tactic 3d Rage.
    Others: CPU Heatsink: Coolermaster - Coolermaster new generation Casing Tower.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today for completely nerdy reasons! Yesterday there were rumours about someone having photographed and filmed the Night Parrot, a native bird which there's only been records from possible brief sightings and about 3 dead specimens turning up since the early 1900's. So today, I bought the paper because there was supposed to be an article on it. And there is; two photos of a Night Parrot and a great article. Apparently there's a team gathering this week to analyse the photos, video and audio recording of the birds to decide on their authenticity. The bird in the photos is definitely a Night Parrot, even I can tell that, it's more whether they're doctored or not. It's really exciting though (to me at least). This is a bird that while not presumed extinct because of odd sightings and the finding of some deceased individuals, it has never before been photographed!! That in itself is amazing to me. I'm really excited about it. Really hoping that it's genuine and looking forward to seeing the footage and listening to the call.

Words cannot explain my excitement!

You should be able to read the article online here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226671683508 lots of heavy watermarking on that image though. Actually, the link might not work, but if you type into google news search night-parrot and click on the link it should work that way.

/bird nerd time.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because the swelling around my new tattoo has gone down and I can walk without limping. It took a little longer than usual because it's on a lower extremity, but now it's doing what I was expecting at first. I'm excited.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm happy because I saw my favorite nephew today, hehe.
    He studied something about neuro-psycology or something like that in school, and he works with disabled kids.
    So he's very understanding, and I've always found I could really talk to him about things.

I just randomly asked him, because he works with those kids, if some of them might have panic disorders, none of them had, but he knew what it was.

And it was just so nice talking to him about it, he totally understood me (unlike others).
    Obviously, I can't talk to him about a lot of things, because he is my nephew ...

His brother then later on said something about "you shouldn't buy all that Lion King, haha"

To which my nephew says: oh yeah ... do you still collect that? I'm pretty sure that if you still do, it's your comfort zone, isn't it?

Guy can just read my mind ... I always feel so much better talking to him, even if it is just for 10 minutes.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Yay, I'm glad you found an ally in your family!

I'm happy today because I found part of a turtle shell out hiking this afternoon! It's been pouring rain here all week, so there's lots of erosion and lots of things being washed up and out, its obviously been around for a while because it's pure clean bone and flooded out on to the trail only recently. It isn't the full carapace, but a big enough piece, about 2 by 2 or 3 inches. Water turtle of some sort I'm guessing because it isn't domed enough to be a box turtle, it's flatter than that. I'm over the moon about it though because turtles are very special animals to me, I absolutely love them, so this is a most excellent super cool gift of nature to find.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    ^ Yay, I'm glad you found an ally in your family!
    Yeah. Too bad I only see him once or twice a year.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get to see my family very often either. ): It sucks!

Well, I'm happy today because I had a good time with my friends, and finally saw Iron Man 3. =)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because TL is here! Heheheee

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because it's a non-rainy Saturday and I just found out that with the barcode on my Library card I can sign up for free little online hobby/enrichment programs and download select magazines from home to keep forever for free, too.

Excellent job, Library, moving into the twenty-second century.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because me and Adam finally got to go on our 10km walk that we've been planning all week :3 The weather today was absolutely lovely and even though we're a bit sunburnt now we really enjoyed it Went for my first swim in the sea of the season too!

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm finally home! I was sad to leave Austin, but I'm happy to have some peace and quiet, nice dry weather, my own bed and to cuddle with my cats haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So.... my mum had her follow-up scan last week. She got her results today. No cancer!!! Of course it's only the first step since she only finished up her treatments a bit over two months ago, but it's fantastic because her cancer was an aggressive invasive form. I have high hopes I think she has to have scans every 6 months for the next 10 years though before she's considered all clear.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Aww, that really is something to be happy about! I'm so glad to hear it!

-----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, Azerane. That's beyond fantastic!