Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm happy today because...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Super happy/excited today. We had our first inspection today and the real estate lady said I'm allowed to have a rabbit! It's a no pets allowed rental agreement but because it's an elevated outdoor hutch she said it's fine! Yay!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am happy today because I found the time and inspiration to participate in the TLKFAA contest, yay! I'll take a 3 pictures a year average, it's better than it's been
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's awesome CGW! Yaaaay fan arts!! :3

I am happy because today is Thursday which means tomorrow is Friday and thus the weekend is closer. xD What can I say? Some days I'll take the little things...

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Totally understand

I'm happy today because.....I had this absolutely STUPID bizarre dream that I'm still all "LOLOLOL WUT?" over that seems to have really set the tone for the day. When you wake up dreaming that your workplace is overrun by Vegas/circus performers out for someone's wedding who feed their show animals sparkly chalk pellets so they poo glitter all over the office.......you're just destined to spend the rest day looking around you going "LOL"

I still have zero idea where the heck that came from. I get the wedding part cuz a coworker got engaged this past weekend, but the rest of it? NOT A CLUE.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been feeling really ill this past week but I feel loads better today. Yay!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I went to my very first anime/manga/Japan-convention today and it was great fun. I saw so many awesome cosplays Next time I go to one of these I need to have my own costume; it just seems so fun

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because I got my bunny! Need to decide on a name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy because starting this week, I'm actually able to start putting little monies aside for the odd vacation every now & then without putting it all on my card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm generally happy because I will get a new car tomorrow and just started Torchlight 2 New Game +
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, new pets, new cars, those are some big things for everyone lately. Congrats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleargreenwater View Post
    Wow, new pets, new cars, those are some big things for everyone lately. Congrats!
    April probably a new set of PC for me. =) so I have a lot of things in mind.

To all who had a great day congratulations! wish you all well.
    (12/16/2014 - 4/6/2006)

(07/11/2011 - Current time)

Join us in
    Lea Halalela Steam Group

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am happy today because I woke up this morning and was healthy and it was not raining. Also my family is all well and I have great friends. Just feeling thankful overall this evening, life is good! Even when it's bad, the Earth is still beautiful and life is still good--and I love that about life. :3

...also, I got to practice putting someone in a sleeper-hold with my legs today for a self-defense class. xD Always fun.

And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^That's so lovely... though remind me not never to accept the invitation of a sleep-over at your place. Never want to get caught in one of those sleeper holds

I'm happy today because I made bonding progress with Bandit. He, or rather she (apparently after our vet visit today) came right up and jumped onto my lap to eat the pellets that I had for her. It was especially important because she had a very bad experience at the vet where I lost my grip and she leapt off the exam table and had a bad landing. I felt absolutely awful about it and cried after I got home, but having her come up to me like that so trusting later really made my day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    I'm happy today because I made bonding progress with Bandit. He, or rather she (apparently after our vet visit today) came right up and jumped onto my lap to eat the pellets that I had for her. It was especially important because she had a very bad experience at the vet where I lost my grip and she leapt off the exam table and had a bad landing. I felt absolutely awful about it and cried after I got home, but having her come up to me like that so trusting later really made my day
    That IS fantastic. Really fantastic. I was asking in the pets thread if she was socialized because the one rabbit I had as a pet as a child was bought from a breeder, too, but he was evil. I should have suspected something cause he was the last, only one left from the litter and full-grown already, but it was like mixing General Woundwort with the Monty Python rabbit, he'd get this crazed bunny glare, charge out of the hutch and attack whenever I went in to change the hay or food or anything, it was miserable. Eventually I gave him to a 4-H friend in the small animals club who overlapped with the rabbit club and bred/raised Dutch color rabbits like him, I couldn't do it anymore :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Kasei View Post
    ...also, I got to practice putting someone in a sleeper-hold with my legs today for a self-defense class. xD Always fun.
    Okay, honest question, are self-defense classes really worth it? Like is the stuff they teach you really useful/practical? Cuz a co-worker was talking about how one was offered at her YMCA, but my only experience with them was a two-class freebie from back in college and it was just basic martial arts, it was like taking karate again & just not my bag. I'm interested because I feel like it would help my anxiety but if I pay for a class I want to feel like its handy stuff, I don't want to earn a belt. It could have been that particular college gym freebie, too, though.

And, uh, to keep it on topic.....I'm happy today because I'm feeling social & well rested again after feeling fried and withdrawn for a couple of weeks and because my immune system is boss and I haven't caught any of the office plagues like everyone else in my department has all this winter. Just dodged a second bullet, some stomach bug I avoided! *cheers*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm happy today because I've finally had a chance to just sit down now, and relax. It's been a very long and busy day. Engagement party tomorrow night so I spent much of the afternoon cleaning up outside and putting up fairy lights. I swear, if you've never swept leaves off of a paved area, you don't know how frustrating it is! They get stuck in every single little gap, crazy!

That IS fantastic. Really fantastic. I was asking in the pets thread if she was socialized because the one rabbit I had as a pet as a child was bought from a breeder, too, but he was evil. I should have suspected something cause he was the last, only one left from the litter and full-grown already, but it was like mixing General Woundwort with the Monty Python rabbit, he'd get this crazed bunny glare, charge out of the hutch and attack whenever I went in to change the hay or food or anything, it was miserable. Eventually I gave him to a 4-H friend in the small animals club who overlapped with the rabbit club and bred/raised Dutch color rabbits like him, I couldn't do it anymore :-(
    That's gotta be tough, rabbits can be difficult animals at times. Was your rabbit desexed? I know there's the whole "desex your pet it will make them better behaved" myth thing going around. But with rabbits, it can actually make a very significant difference in both their temperament and their litter box habits. Sorry to hear that he was like that though, can't have been fun for either of you. Trying to train rabbits out of those behaviours is tough too. I'm glad he found a good home though. My very first rabbit wasn't friendly. She wasn't mean, she just wasn't very tame, but that's what I get for buying from some random woman with a pile of baby rabbits in her backyard hutch Oh how I've come a long way since then, would never buy a rabbit from a situation like that now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My first rabbit was very friendly.
    You couldn't really pick her up though, but the cage was in the living room in front of the TV, so I would sit down on the floor in front of her cage almost every single evening, with the cage open, and I could easily pet her, she would lick my fingers, lol, and my jeans ... she had an obsession with jeans ... wouldn't stop licking it o_O

Now, all these rabbits at Kenny's place, I'm not very interested in them.
    Yeah, they are cute.
    It stops there, lol.
    Kenny can hold them pretty easy, but me? Nah.
    They know Kenny much better then they know me, they aren't for petting and such, and I just don't feel like doing it eather.
    I told him not to get the first 2, but he wouldn't listen, lol.
    If he had listened, we wouldn't have had 10 in the end

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a quiet day, it's the weekend, I've got the house to myself and the weather is really nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^That does sound nice. I always enjoyed having the house to myself ever now and then. And sunny weather is just the best, really hoping it's nice tomorrow so that I can sit out in the sun with Bandit for a bit.

I'm happy today because we opened all our cards today from our engagement party (yesterday) and we got some really nice ones and people were really generous with gifts etc. Melts your heart a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    My first rabbit was very friendly.
    You couldn't really pick her up though, but the cage was in the living room in front of the TV, so I would sit down on the floor in front of her cage almost every single evening, with the cage open, and I could easily pet her, she would lick my fingers, lol, and my jeans ... she had an obsession with jeans ... wouldn't stop licking it o_O

Now, all these rabbits at Kenny's place, I'm not very interested in them.
    Yeah, they are cute.
    It stops there, lol.
    Kenny can hold them pretty easy, but me? Nah.
    They know Kenny much better then they know me, they aren't for petting and such, and I just don't feel like doing it eather.
    I told him not to get the first 2, but he wouldn't listen, lol.
    If he had listened, we wouldn't have had 10 in the end
    Your rabbit sounds very sweet. Lots of licking! Rabbits can be pretty picky with people, and especially shy towards new people until they get to trust them. But I think that's likely the prey response in them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, honest question, are self-defense classes really worth it? Like is the stuff they teach you really useful/practical? Cuz a co-worker was talking about how one was offered at her YMCA, but my only experience with them was a two-class freebie from back in college and it was just basic martial arts, it was like taking karate again & just not my bag. I'm interested because I feel like it would help my anxiety but if I pay for a class I want to feel like its handy stuff, I don't want to earn a belt. It could have been that particular college gym freebie, too, though.
    I can't speak for all self-defense classes, obviously, but I am having a blast in mine! It helps that my instructor is really good, he's going for his black belt in Brazillian Ju-Jitsu and wins gold at all sorts of competitions and stuff, so I'm sure the level of knowledge of whoever is teaching you has a lot to do with the quality of what you learn. But I think it's useful for sure, the place I go he has us attack each other and actually use the defense stuff in a combat situation. I threw him over my back once, for example. xD He also teaches us how to fall correctly with the least amount of injury, so that is useful.

Of course, Ju Jitsu is very similar to wrestling in that it is more about using the opponent's momentum/body weight against them than about punches and kicks. In fact, I don't think he's taught us to do anything more than knee someone in the face, and even that wasn't practiced, just suggested. Pretty much all we've practiced is how to get out of choke holds or what to do if the attacker has got you on the ground/comes up from behind and grabs you/etc. All-in-all I find it incredibly useful. But then again I have always wanted to do this (and would still love to take karate or some other more offense-based martial art, in fact, so that I can not only get them off of me but keep them away).

I would say maybe try a few places and see what you like! Most gyms will offer a trial period or free class, just do some shopping. At the very least you'll pick up lots of different tips and moves. :>

Also, I am happy today because it is Saturday and I get to doodle around a bit today in between running errands. Also, it means I only have to teach four more days next week before Spring Break is here!!!! :D And that means summer is getting closer!! And that means my Europe trip!! And hopefully some camping/mountain climbing! So excited! :D :D :D I'm telling you, life rocks. Sad things are happening now too, but I am choosing to focus on these things, yep yep. That's what I like about this thread, it reminds me that life is what you make it and what you choose to fill it with. <3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
    Your rabbit sounds very sweet. Lots of licking! Rabbits can be pretty picky with people, and especially shy towards new people until they get to trust them. But I think that's likely the prey response in them.
    Unfortunatly, she died 4 years ago (I think it was 4 years ago, or 3).

The ones at Kenny's place, I fed them ever since they were 2 months old (weren't allowed to touch them when they were born, didn't want the mom to rip them apart for them smelling like humans), so you'd think they know you a little bit, but then again, when they got older and older, I really lost more and more interest in them, to be honest.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu