Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Approval Ratings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think there's 50-50 about Phantom sexual harrasment,
    50 to this post - I mean if Neph doesn't make any action to Phantom he might disturb other people too.
    50 on this post - But the action that Neph taken is alittle rush(no offense Neph) but I guess the situation end long ago and take it as a lesson(No sexual Harrasment or harm to another member & must take action alittle more less hummiliated)

ps: But I'm looking forward Pntbll discribe about the actions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well basicly as far as I'm concerned I'm koolsem with the mods and got no beef against any of them.
    As far as them doing there jobs no ones fully perfect but they are doing satisfactry jobs so congratulations there to all of them.
    As for the ones that are currecntly inactive eg// STM yeah I'm suprised how they are still under as a mod and it should be straightend out so that we can replace them. Because its stupid to have them still down if they aren't here to do the work when there are many people on this forum who could.

Anyway as far as the Phant thing goes I think we should stop talking about the past because its dead and burried; hes banned from the forum now and its off topic to what the thred is about.
    Members I have had the pleasure to meet: STM [x2], Sharifu [x2], Taneli [x2], King Simba [x4], Shadow [x1], Nathalie [x2], Lucy Lioness [x2], This Land [x4], Daniel [x2], Nephilim [x1], KanuTGL [x2], Revo [x1], Naline [x1], FCSimba [x9], Leorgathar [x1]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you mean the actions to be taken to cover lea's butt, it'll mostly involve adding a terms and agreements page (if there isn't already one) onto the sign-up page on lea saying that you certify that you're 13 years of age or older, and if the person isn't, having a form for them to print out that'll have their parents signature, which can then be copied and faxed or emailed. That's what most sites do.

As for the current members under 13, I'd say that they can be left alone for now, I don't think it'll cause a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... there seems to be many big/unresolved issues at foot here. I wouldn't have guessed there was.

I think that Lea Halalela is fantastically moderated. So four stars, like the Westin hotel!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I saw some lines about the signatures.

I can't view every single sig out there ... Sometimes other people have to tell me or another mod.
    Which is great, in my opinion, because that makes me feel really good that there actually are people out there who do read the rules unlike some others, where you have to say the banner rules 10 times and point out every single thread where they are stated (I believe we have 6).

We're not super people, we can't spot everything

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the mods are doing a good job as they can on this board, they are only human and they have not become dispassionate tyranns who complains about every little thing.

Its hard work to try to be liked by everyone while you have to keep order at the same time.

I also think its unecessary to bring up the PBR event again since it was discussed alot back then its in the past and the mod staff got complaints back then, that bridge is crossed in my mind.

and there is no conspiracy going on in the promontory, well atleast it wasnt while i was there :E

and as a avarage member of lea i feel content with what we have right now

This is just my point of view of course and im not attacking or even hinting anything against everybody i just wanted to say my two cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by This land
    That just reminded of somthing that happend about my sig.

A Mod told me to shorten down my Sig because it had too many lines of text, i do understand this and fully took it in and changed my sig accordingly. But there are still members which still has more than 5 lines of text and nothing has been done,
    I just feel i was being picked on.
    We're really not that pressive when it comes to signature lengths (unless it's a monstrosity of a one <-/-> though we should be; being Rule 1 and all.......).

Unless you're new and/or have a reading incapacity, there's no reason on why you shouldn't be able to follow that rule, really.

Sorry that you felt you were being picked on, but the truth of the matter is, you weren't.

As a matter of a fact, we wouldn't mind others to try and set a simpatico example to the best of their abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you guys are doing A Ok. I myself havn't seen anything majorly out of order on here in ages, then again I havn't been around for some time.

But ya make me proud, makes me want to become a MOD........*thinks about it* actually scratch that last bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no prob with the 'staff' in my books you guys are doing A okay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the current moderators are fine, I haven't noticed any problems recently, but I haven't been on the site as much in the last couple of months, due to moving house and internet problems. The only thing I have to say about the mods is that I think some of them maybe take things a little too personally. Not mentioning any names, just giving honest feedback. So I don't have a problem with any of the mods, or their decisions, just that some can be a bit too easily offended sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's room for improvement.
    I would never be able to be a mod, since I'm too hot tempered, too rush, and too *****y. I think that if you're given the opportunity to become a mod, you need to be kind of self critical.
    Do I fit as a moderator? What are my qualities, what are my disqualities?
    Am I being a mod becase I wanna help the forum or my friends?

A mod who look after their friends before everything else is a good friend but a bad mod.
    If you accept the offer to become a mod (or if yo ask for it, I don't know how it works), you should understand that at the same time as there is positive things to it, there's negative things to it. And you'll just have to deal with it.
    If every mod is going to look after, favorize and protect their own friends we won't be able to have a serious discussion without it getting closed down becase of such loose basis as disagreement.

I'm not saying this is happening, bt someone said something earlier in this thread about putting your friends before an internet site. But your responsibility as a moderator should mean the opposite. At least that's my opinion. If I'm getting it all wrong then tell me.

Just some questions, how are the mods picked? And what qualifies them to be moderators? Are they picked becase they're popular members, or because they make valueable posts?

I'm not trying to bash the mods or insult them, I'm jst curious abot how things work around here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mods don't get picked because they are popular, but because the person who picked them think they will do a good job.

Back then when the first group got chosen, there weren't even enough members around to pick out popular ones.

And I don't think I'm really all that popular around here.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    If you mean the actions to be taken to cover lea's butt, it'll mostly involve adding a terms and agreements page (if there isn't already one) onto the sign-up page on lea saying that you certify that you're 13 years of age or older, and if the person isn't, having a form for them to print out that'll have their parents signature, which can then be copied and faxed or emailed. That's what most sites do.
    Or, until then, there can be a disclaimer for the General Chat section, since that's the only forum where you'll run into mature content. It should be rated PG-13. The rest of the forums should be all ages, but the general chat section should definetly be rated PG-13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Xinithian
    Or, until then, there can be a disclaimer for the General Chat section, since that's the only forum where you'll run into mature content. It should be rated PG-13. The rest of the forums should be all ages, but the general chat section should definetly be rated PG-13.
    That doesn't protect the forum from COPPA laws though, they're put there to basically prevent contact with a minor (especially personally identifiable information, which would include age, name, location, etc...) through any medium on the internet. They're not there to keep children under 13 from accessing crude content, they're there for keep children from accessing virtually any content or communication without a guardian's consent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's what I think of the moderation staff; and what we're here to do, this includes myself and Boos...

Not only are we responsible members like yourselves, but we're responsible leaders as well... We're not perfect, we've made mistakes to only improve on them. We try and try again to suite everyone's needs of comfort-level to the best of our ability. We're here not to dictate your actions foresay, but to offer one's peace of mind; with the confines of the simplistic of rules.

We're here not to serve you in any way, only to guide you along a pre-destined path.

We don't always get along with each other, but most of the time we do. We help each other solve problems, basis to basis. We try and settle issues equally (the voting system works quite efficiently).

The moderation staff was picked out by personality, being trustworthy, and most importantly; being wise (that's what I think, neewayz).

I can't think of any other moderation team for a forum board that's as caring and well-grounded as Lea Halalela.

Hey, make the last-half of that entire sentence above for everyone here at LH ....

=)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hmm well... I made a topic about how I wouldn't be able to go online much at all over the past month. I'll try to be on more after this next week, I'd like to, but sometimes I still have problems with my laptop, but at least I can use my dad's laptop sometimes now, since he's back from Florida.

And about STM, Roquivo, STM isn't moving, I don't know why you thought that. Plus STM isn't leaving Lea, he told me many times that he couldn't do that, because Lea has done so much for him. I don't think STM would care if he's a mod or not anymore, I don't really think that's so important to him, but he will come back. Another reason he's not online much recently is because he's here with me, and you all know I couldn't get online much here.

Personally I think things are ok here, this is the best board I've ever been to and I think the mods are doing fine.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    About that "age 13" matter...

If kids wanna join a board, they just lie about there age sometimes if you can't register under 13.

And how are we able to really check if that person is so old that he claims to be?

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's still the forum's job to ask... that's a law you know... there's no matter of opinion on it. If the server is in the US or Canada, and if someone says something to the webhosting company or the company finds out on their own through random website searches on their server, the forum will be shut down, and frankly, they couldn't care less what anyone on the forum thinks about the law. I mean, there's nothing to argue about... it's the law.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know that.

This thing was mentioned before (I believe by you? Or Roquivo. Can't remember).

I thought Sonique answered it, and knew something about it.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

You have your orders, soldier. Dare's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was under the impression that COPPA only pertains to the collecting of personal information of minors?
    We had a discussion about that (sort of) back when we were debating about the new Mod vote...Roq brought it up.

Providing Lea with quality curmudgeon and lurking services since 2004.
    Lea Felon: warned for the heinous crime of poking a badger with a spoon.