Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Approval Ratings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sharifu
    Man, all this drama... I seriously don't understand why we're all aguring. I think the mods are doing fine. Yes I know I'm a mod but only to a fourm where nothing much happens, so the only moderating job I have ever done was merge a thread, once.

But my point is I always thought the mods were doing fine.
    *sigh* Bud, did you even read the thread? That is not the point; no one has said lately in this thread that the mods are doing a bad job, but you cannot deny the rising tensions between mods and at least a handful of members. The point is to get that worked out, not to attack the mods; that's why we're all arguing, because I've talked to at least three people that want to leave because they think they've been strong-armed by the mods, and there's at least one mod that's resigning because he thinks the members are attacking him. So that you are able to "Understand why we're all arguing", that is the reason; however, I have seen no members or staff arguing in a way that isn't constructive yet.

If we're unable to have a civilized discussion on the topic, which we currently are having a civilized discussion, then let's just close the forum, because it's just a matter of time before it tears itself apart anyway. I'm not blaming you guys, and I don't think you guys are blaming us, but we gotta work together to solve this or it's just not getting solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'ma commit a Nephilim right now.

hahaha, I don't even want to go into this,

So the moderators are giving up on the members.. Should that make the members give up on the moderators..Hmm?

~KTL

EDIT: I meant some mods, not all :

Also,

Originally posted by Nephilim
    Congratulations on being the twenthy-forth thousand person to make a thread like this.
    except change thread to post. Hurry back soon Neph.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    She's just taking a break KTL. And how would a member give up on a mod?

And Pnt of course I read the thread, and I just don't understand all the tension. I've never seen mods being unfair to members, of course I can't judge I guess, I don't see what the other mods privately say to the members.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She's just taking a break KTL. And how would a member give up on a mod?

And Pnt of course I read the thread, and I just don't understand all the tension. I've never seen mods being unfair to members, of course I can't judge I guess, I don't see what the other mods privately say to the members.
    Pretty easy Sharifu, stop listening. Start doing what he or she wants, not doing what mods intend the forums to do. And most of all, not post in threads like these because he or she sees no point in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the tension's not based on mods being intentionally mean towards the members, but a percieved feeling that the mods are trying to restrict the members or aren't properly doing their job (again, I'm not saying who did what, only that there's different perceptions of what's happening).

There's no reason why we need to be naming individual people, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really feel like making along post, but I can state a few short things that I think sum up some facts around here.

1) Lea is a worse place since the time I joined it close to 2 years ago.

2) The moderators are not only responsible for the forum, but themselves as well. They must use their power in "moderation" and based on the rules, not emotion. Of course a mod is allowed an opinion just like everyone else..but if rules ar broken, action should be taken. Also, members have to realize that sometimes taking action is up to the moderator's discretion. If they honestly think something needs to be done in a perticular way, and they do it...then you have to learn to deal with it. That doesn't mean you can't contest, but don't attack them if they didn't attack you.

3) That last area brings me to my next point. Using discretion means that if a certain topic or thread is producing large amounts of swearing, arguing, etc, then that thread SHOULD be closed. If two members argue, and they get warned, but the thread doesn't get closed...and then two more argue, and then two more, then the thread SHOULD be closed. Also, I think that there are some basic moral issues that should be held to regardless of whether rules are broken. If someone wanted to post a thread about how to properly break the law in some way, or how to injure someone, or something, etc..that SHOULD NOT be allowed. I don't think we would take kindly to someone posting a topic on how they want to kill innocent people in gruesome ways, etc.

4) Lastly, and sort of related to that above number but not completely, is the smoking thread. I think that the thread IS inappropriate, and NOT just because I don't like it. For one, it was a member (ME) who brought up concern about it in the first place, not a mod. So they were not jumping to just close it based on their beliefs. Secondly, the reason I think that it was inappropriate was because it WASN'T created to dispute whether smoking is good or bad, but catered to people who smoke and the action of smoking. This is what I mean by treating it like a given, or a hobby..because it wasn't about the pros and cons of smoking..it was about what you smoke, etc. The gay marriage thread doesn't relate because it was talking about agreeing or disagreeing with it. Not, how to get married if you are gay, what it is like, or sexual relations that way. It is almost insinutating that those things are alright from the start, on what is ESSENTIALLY a CHILDREN'S MOVIE FORUM. I know most memebers are older, but that doesn't matter in some areas.

Guess that ended up being longer than I thought. Anyways, those are my two cents in it. I could think of many ways to make the forum better, but I don't feel like thinking them through to be honest..hehe. Oh, and btw..yes, less sarcasm should be used when closing threads, but that isn't an attack on Neph. I feel bad for her and the forum that such arguing between mods and members and between mods and mods has to take place. Rememeber, we all came from the same group....the MEMBERS.

~Kiva

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've always had an interesting relationship with mods in general. Without going into a big, drawn out story about my past, I'll just say that being kicked out of a chatroom by mods was a great thing for me. I say this because it happened at a time, several years ago, when I would frequently get really mad and wound up about stuff and I wouldn't stop spazzing out until I'd just about ruined everybodies night. When they kicked me out and banned me for 24 hours, it forced me to calm myself down. I had never had to do that before. It made me realize how worked up I was. So, it was a very good thing for them to have done, because it actually forced me to realize how terrible my behavior was.

But I've also seen moderators of forums and chat rooms who have taken advantage of the control that they have. That's no fun for anyone, and it seems to always be the end of a site when it begins to happen. This reminds me of a quote from Futurama: "If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

But I don't think that any of this should be all that big of a deal on this site. If people would just talk about the Lion King, not a lot of people would get upset. I mean, you might think that Scar's the best character and I think that Simba is, but I'm not going to throw it in caps and give you what for because of it! It's because people are talking about hot topics that individuals are getting bent out of shape. I've seen some threads which were created by individuals who had to have known that what they were writing would get people upset. And I've seen those same people who created those threads saying that they're wondering why people are getting upset. I believe that people are good, but I recognize that even the best of people can become sketchy when they're put in the wrong situation-and that's what I see happening: good people being put into bad situations and the creator of the situation acting innocent ((if that makes sense )). Though nobody has to join in on the sketchy threads, I know that there are members who want to be a part of every thread-those are the ones who are sort of being put into a bad situation.

But what it all comes down to is that we all love the Lion King and enjoy interacting with eachother, or else we wouldn't come! As Cartman says: "Eh, I love you guys!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Just because Nathalie isn't here is no reason why the forum can't run like clockwork
    Ow, I love you for saying that *kisses and hugs you*

*ahum* hehe

Now, serious: Why is it, that everytime I leave for a day or so, that people tell me: Lea is going worse when you gone.

I really don't think it has something to do with me.
    I really don't believe I am such an important person around here, for you all so the forum can run smoothly.

That's just odd to me ^_^

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i can't remember how i voted in this poll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is a touchy subject between me and KTL...and Pntbll actually but I agree with you guys. The terrorism thread got out of hand, I was as much to blame there and I'm sorry I acted like such a...yes well anyway.

I think it's partly because of the recent atmosphere around Lea and it got to me. It's like there's an undercurrent of hostility around these boards which never used to be there. It seems silly that a board based on a set of family movies should get so aggressive.

When I left, about 6 months ago, Lea was the sort of place you could come, post a few silly random threads, have a laugh and enjoy yourself. Now, it seems, you're not aloud to have fun anymore...all threads must be deadly serious and have a purpose. And they have to be spelled and written in perfect english with corrct grammar. Oh and before anyone mentions it I know theres a board for random stuff but that's not really the same. It's become too strict around here and because of that people resent the authority figures, and then move on to each other.

Maybe there were some problems with people coming in and posting loads of stuff that didn't fit but that doesn't mean we suddenly have to run it like a military camp. Perhaps Lea will be fine again soon, but we need to change this authoritarian attitude to running the forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Possible Long Post Warning, Beware*

Okay, before I start off, I gotta say that I'm on my parent's computer, seeing as that it's my Spring Break (yes, my university gets an early Spring Break =P ) So I didn't get a chance to read through all of the replies given. However I'm an active member here and have been for some time so I believe that I have a fairly good idea of everything that has already been said *gets down from his all knowing cloud*

Soooo... first off I would like to send some kind words out to Roquivo over his Moderating problems. I know how you feel my friend. You were smarter than I am and left sooner, like I should have. Anyway, I do hope that your life gets sorted out now. Ever since I left the staff I haven't been happier heh. Anyway, if you need to talk or anything, I'm here man.

Now then..I have this to say to the lot of you..

Back off of each other and stop acting like babies, it's really annoying. Also, as much as I used to support not calling out names.. why not? Embarrassment? Maybe people SHOULD be embarrased for things they have done, if the shoe fits, wear it. If you've done something wrong, you are supposed to attone for it, to yourself, to those wronged, just get it done. Ever since I personally realized that and laid down my personal list of problems I had with others, as well as myself over int he moderator forum when I quit, I feel wonderful. My heart is at rest because I said it like it is, plain as day, flat out. That doesn't mean I told people to go to a certain incredibly hot place or anything.. but I told them how I felt in a calm, clear, precise, and adequate way. And it worked out great for me. And you all seem to be *****-footin' around the real problem, too scared to point your fingers directly at what you find so appauling and horrid; instead you just rant about in MSN/AIM/YIM/etc.. or on PM's or through the board itself. I know because I used to do the same things *shrugs* If you're mad at someone.. go tell them. Otherwise they'll keep doing whatever it is that is making you mad, and you'll just get even more mad. It's stupid really..

Lea Halalela.. your behavior is stupid.

There, and you could keep pointing at issues, true. But grudges will be held still as long as you refuse to confront the person(s} that are making you angry. If it's me, please tell me, tell me right here and now, by all means post it in this thread in bold huge letters if need be, send me a PM an IM.. anything, get a hold of me and tell me or anyone else what your beef is with 'em. Then you can discuss this like rational adults that you are, not the toddlers that you so often desire to mimic here.

And yes, I've used a lot of mean words to assualt you Lea Halalela, and myself as well. But what I have said I find to be the truth, and it has worked perfectly in my own problems here at Lea that are no more. However it still bothers me that a place that I love, this forum I do love a part of it (however much it continues to shrink), is at war with itself.

Mods, I don't need to tell you what you should be doing, you know what you should be doing. You are to make sure that disorder and chaos do not ever effect this forum. I'm sorry to say that you have failed, as did I when I was a mod. Chaos and disorder are here in strong revolutionary force. Believe it or not there are members out there.. that are just plain rotten, bad, evil, and mean. *gasp* This must be a hard concept to grasp since you guys are so forgiving (and the concept of the mods being forgiving must be hard for the members to understand *double gasp*). Mods, you NEED to find these folks and get rid of them, don't listen to bleeding hearts. If someone has broken the rules, and especially when someone jumps right out and says flambouyantly that they will not listen to the rules, etc, etc, etc.. that's when you need to take some action. And always tell exactly why action was taken.

Members.. your turn. leave the mods be. They are trying their hardest to make sure that Lea is run excellently. When I was a mod I was much like Roquivo actually, giving a lot of time to the forum instead of for my own personal life. After I was de-modded though, i lurk now and see the threads I only want to read instead of all of them. I'm sorry to say but a lot of your conversations on Lea are exceedingly dull and boring to read through, and then there are the wonderful flame wars and problems like this one in fact that pop up and no matter if you had anything to do with it at all you get singled out as 'a mod' (eww.. a mod Ick!) and blamed for everything short of blowing up the world. Sounds funny but it's sadly true. There are problems at Lea, but they can not all be pointed at the mods. They're in charge (as much as some of you hate that fact, it's still true, they are in charge) and they've been given the responsibility of pruning, merging, and retaining order of the forum. anything else they do outside of those lines, they're not required to do, but they do it out of the thoughtful and kindness of their own hearts.

*sigh* I didn't want this to be long, and even though I have more to say, I'm going to stop for now. Now please get along and don't cause anymore pain to each other. You've already hurt three of my dearest friends in this thread among others and it brings shame to me now that I am a member of this community.

Shape up =/

EDIT:

For those that jump on other people for trying to help.. this post is not directed at any individual, but at all of Lea as I tried to make clear in the post but it might not have worked out that way..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    Maybe there were some problems with people coming in and posting loads of stuff that didn't fit but that doesn't mean we suddenly have to run it like a military camp
    I love you

NOt really but yeah, Exactly what he said ^^

~KTL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nuka
    and then there are the wonderful flame wars and problems like this one in fact that pop up and no matter if you had anything to do with it at all you get singled out as 'a mod' (eww.. a mod Ick!) and blamed for everything short of blowing up the world.
    I butchered you're post *Gasp* ! :O !!!

But anyways, I want to thank you Nuka for posting that. In that post it contained exactly almost every feeling that was captured inside of me. And exactly what I thought was going on and what needed to be happening. But the part I just quoted, Theres a reason.

I doin't know if this applies to other members, but thanks to past experiences it applies to me. I use mods now, The word "Mods" Because if I were to point out a certain "Mod" lets just.. Hmm use Sharifu as an example (Sharifu anything that is posted now is just to be used as an example, take no offense into what is to be said. For it might not be true to you but true to someone else)

If I were to complain about something Sharifu had done, and I said "well Sharifu and blah blah did this or that" Then I'd get in trouble for calling someone out on the Forums, disrespecting them and or embarassing them in front of everyone. So I started using the convenient word that we all like and love, Mod, or Moderator. That way it wouldn't offend or call anyone out.

But then when I started using that word, EVERY moderator in Lea thought i was talking about them. and it made it hard to tell you who I was talking about (Not you you but whoever I was talking to or making the point across to) And I'd get in trouble anyways.

But the word Mod is probably used to describe more good than bad, thanks to the so called "Reputation' The moderators are putting upon themselves. And some are doing an EXCELLENT job, and its just a select few that are making mistakes, and making the members use once again "The Moderators" and the mods once again think. "I havn't done that" or "When did I do this.." when the member was actually trying to convey the point to someone directly, but can't because they can't say a members name or they'd get in trouble.

But.. yeah idk what i'm rambling on about now so I'm just.. Stop.

heres what I think needs to be done

Moderators - Start Moderating the forums like you should, and stop acting like our moms and dads. We have them offline, we don't want them online too. This isn't a marine base (as stated by someone in another thread) So don't make it look like boot camp and make this place so strict you ca'nt have any possible fun at all.

Members - Stop harassing the Moderators, and pointing out every single little mistake they make, I think this is the biggest problem now, that since Moderators are well, Moderators then they should be perfect and never make a mistake in their life, but this is not the case, as I've said before, Members should have the same rights as a mod to do what they want, when they want, as long as they are justified, and meet the rules, They can go into any post, at any time, and post whatever they want. Just like a Moderator can, Members think they can make mistakes themselves and not be blammed, while a mod makes one and everyone points it out and complains. This has got to stop. The mods are doing everything they possibly can. And sometimes they go a little to far. But like us, they are human. And make mistakes too, so learn to live with there mistakes, and Mods, learn to live with OUR mistakes.

~KTL

EDIT:

No offense here but, Nathalie I think they say that because.

When you are gone, they have no one else to go to and whine about their problems, thats just the way I see it. Seeing you are an admin and can do whatever you want to a member, they go straight to you and COMPLAIN. Instead of taking things up by themselves, and when you leave they have no clue what to do because they never did anything themselves to begin with.

Just what I think it is, if you take this into offense, Then puh idk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No offense here but, Nathalie I think they say that because.

When you are gone, they have no one else to go to and whine about their problems, thats just the way I see it. Seeing you are an admin and can do whatever you want to a member, they go straight to you and COMPLAIN. Instead of taking things up by themselves, and when you leave they have no clue what to do because they never did anything themselves to begin with.

Glad to have helped you out KtL heh.

Btw.. I don't want to start something (or rather.. ignite something that has already started..), I want to finish it. Bring closure to these problems. That's what my previous post was about for anyone who might not be entirely sure :E

As far as that nathalie/Admin part goes.. those words are so truely spoken it's terribly sad. Perhaps the mods would stop acting like parents, if they didn't have to watch over such childish acts? That's not saying that what the mods have done is right (being parent-like and all that) but it does give a possible explanation. Or it could be vice versa, that the members have become childish due to the mods treatng them as such, or a mix.. oesn't matter. It's happened either way. Now we need to fix it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nuka
    Perhaps the mods would stop acting like parents, if they didn't have to watch over such childish acts? That's not saying that what the mods have done is right (being parent-like and all that) but it does give a possible explanation. Or it could be vice versa, that the members have become childish due to the mods treatng them as such, or a mix.. oesn't matter. It's happened either way. Now we need to fix it.
    I don't know this for sure, but I'm posting from what someone else said, W-Eyed-Wanderer said in another thread, that 6 months ago silly threads, and comments could be made, without being flamed about it, and you could have an awesome laugh and have fun.

If thats the case, Then it seems to me that the Moderators have changed. If they allowed it then, and not now. I see nothing wrong with the members, and I see exactly why they are complaining.

Also if thats the case, its thanks to the Moderators (No OFFENSE I'M SERIOUS, This could be WRONG.) For changing Lea Halalela into what it is now, by becoming so danged strict. So I see it as the Moderators who have just started playing the role of, "Guys we have power, lets show them what our power is, and what we can do with it." Kinda thing. Thats just what I am assuming what has happened from the perspective and sayings from another person

and once again, I'm truly sorry if all this is wrong, but I just thought of it. And it seemed to fit perfectly as to what Nuka just said.

~KTL

EDIT:

And now I have a question to the Moderators.

Why the sudden change, what happened to those "Golden ages" and times of Lea, when you could have fun? All I see now is people getting flamed when they post something like that now, why are we not what we used to be SO LONG AGO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Edit: Sorry about that, Somby. No hard feelings?
    Of course, I didn't take offense to any of what you said.. I just have a weird taste in humor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goddamn, you know things are getting ridiculous when you drive Neph out of this place.

Seriously, I feel physically sick right now, this is just.. wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No OFFENSE I'M SERIOUS, This could be WRONG
    Btw.. I don't want to start something (or rather.. ignite something that has already started..)
    realizing that setting them aside as two different groups doesn't help
    i know it isnt so, so dont jump on me,
    No offense but this is what I think about this one CToP
    I didn't mean any harm in this thread, I just wanna know whats up..
    I'm not accusing any one person, I'm to blame as well,
    ETA2: Er, that last part? Joking. :3
    Furthermore, the contents of this post were not aimed at offending anyone else on this board, they are purely my opinions on the matter in question.

In my opinion
    IMO
    in my opinoin
    In my opinoin
    Once again no offense!
    No offense to any one of a different color
    Just incase someone misunderstands because of this rather touchy subject i did not mean to offend anyone with this post and if i did i apologize.
    I know that will probably offend someone, but it's true
    ...I don?t want people getting mad at me any more than they probably are
    least I make anyone sick or offend any meat eaters.
    and I'm sorry if I offended anyone
    No offense to any of the vegetarians out there
    Now, I am sorry if I offend anyone, and everyone should know Im not agianst animals
    Also no offense to anyone of course, thats just how I feel
    I hope i didn't offend you in any way with my opinions
    I hope I didn't sound offensive...
    (no offence to neone here)
    (no offense at all to ya roog, okay? Just had to say this)
    (Again, no offense to ya roog ^^)
    I hope you are not offended but think about what I said

I'm sick and tired of the political correctness crap on this board; or, more accurately, the people who twist and pervert a person's words to try to be offensive so they can scream long and loud about it. It's hard to post nowadays, because you never know who you're going to "Offend". Look, there's a difference between a blatantl offensive statement and an opinion (keeping in mind that an opinion can be offensive, but this is getting petty) No offense to anyone, just had to throw that issue on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Goddamn, you know things are getting ridiculous when you drive Neph out of this place.

Seriously, I feel physically sick right now, this is just.. wow.
    all I can say is, Wow,

that post is really helping us solve our Problems Sombolia, I must congratulate you on helping us so much. If you think things are ridiculous, try helping solve them for once?

~KTL

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think all the MODERATORS or SUPERADMINS or whatever those hopped up titles are, should be filtered through Mufasa first and foremost. Now, as I read someplace else they already are da? But not all, mainly the leaders of the bandwagon. These few that were hand cropped from Mufasa I've never actually faced any problems with. It's the new ones that seem to be doing a great deal of strictness and demanding. Then again, all of them could have been choosen by Mufasa. - My point for that is he established this forum, an it's purpose. Therefore he should place people into power he desires.

Alot of people here are easily jumpy, and I think some mods are too. However these jumpy mods are also very active and usualy there when these jumpy things ignite. I feel some lack the social skills required and instead of creating order they create it whilst establishing their own views which an authority should not do. An authoirty represents the laws of the system operating, and at some points they may not agree with the laws themselves but it is their responsability to establish the law regardless as if they are opposed to them.

Also - I really really have been thinking on this. I don't think the error lies souly with the moderation team but with us, me and other people. I recognize I was out of place the past few days, in some areas, but not all. I think that the mods and the people must first agree with eachother before peace is re-established. How can this be done? We need to find a moot point of agreement. An area where mod and member can meet in agreement. It should also agree with the laws of the system, or forum. I think the forums are currently strict because there is a severe lack of agreement coming from both sides. Those who don't wish to agree should not force the mods to reiterate or enforce the laws and cause us to suffer. Thus when this happens there is an imbalance that is created and more and more members fall to disagreement with the modertors. We are currently suffering due to an accumulated disagreement established by a few members at a time growing. It needed to be cut off a long time ago. Now it's set everyone at a disagreement or a fued or sensitivity. It needs to be reset. How this can be done, the moderators would be best to assume control and activate a plan. If it keeps going like this, people on the outside with a negative mentality will bewelcomed - and the system will continue to degenerate.

My rating will not be cast until there is a foundation of agreement between both sides. There will not always be agreements, same with common law. Those who do not agree are warned, and if they persist it's called a crime at which point. The lea system to date is off the charts and warnings against crime are mingled as one, therefore creating this tight belt around everyones posts and making the 'report' button very popular. The law needs to be set, the good of the people need to agree on it, and a system that is always used should be organized in warnings and bannishment. It should be followed and told to the people as of it's laws so we may recognize and know it fully, and at which point acting against it in any way is our own wrong, not the mods for it was agreed upon by the people and the mods as whole, and the person acting against it knows the penalty.