Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Approval Ratings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Vidan

I'll put it very simply: threatening to report someone is effectively useless. Either you just go ahead and press the button, or take a deep breath and let it go.

You get to be my hero for the day.

Yeah, so, I agree with that. Sounds reasonable to me, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This thread has been REPORTED!!!

But in all seriousness, I don't see what's the point of reporting something, unless if it's spam. I agree with pnt on this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rofl @ Xin, Thats the BS I'm talking about ! (Not being serious btw)

But yeah Vidan, thats exactly what I made this thread for, The spam Reports that are sent out. Still if you are reported and soeone says you are, you get REALLY worried. I've been through it, about.. 3 to four times now Its NERVE wracking. Even if the report is ignored, you don't know it is >>

~KTL

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @KTL: I think I see what you mean now. Been spending the last hour responding to moderation-related threads. It gets tiring.

If you (anybody) are going to report a post, just report it and let the moderators of that forum do their job. Don't threaten anybody with reports. Don't say if you did or not. That amounts to a personal attack. You are no better off in a moderator's eyes than the person who made the post. In fact, it's worse. You've just made it personal, even if it was not the poster's intention to make a personal attack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    It seems as though there's been... situations... lately where a moderator or two will blow something out of proportion

Also, I'm a bit concerned that it seems as though the moderators have stepped over the line of their duties .... If a rule is enforced, just enforce it and move on.

By far, the biggest issue I've heard from other members is that they think that some of the staff act too rash and emotional when making a call.

Look, it's pretty clear that there's some issues between the mods and the members; the mods, by my understanding, are getting fed up with it, and the members, by my understanding, don't think things are getting dealt with properly. Let's try to get that worked out?
    I hear what you're saying and I think every one of the mods including myself has room for improvement. Team work and a consistent response should be the goal, and I think we have room for improvement there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Vidan
    I hear what you're saying and I think every one of the mods including myself has room for improvement. Team work and a consistent response should be the goal, and I think we have room for improvement there too.
    Not only do the mods need to improve, The members, even myself, Need to cut down on this crap we do in relation to the moderators.

If something doesnt go our way, we sometimes complain, as myself do sometimes..

What I see now is people saying this

The Mods

The Members

WTF I just realized something

we are all human.. omfg.. imagine that, I think the first thing we need to do and get through our heads is the fact that, we are classifying the members of Lea, as two sets of people, The Moderators, and The Members

its like a war! Geesh! We need to combine ourselves into one, One group, called Lea Halalela ?!?! WOOT Mkay yeah.

I don't know what else to say other than that...

~KTL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You're right. Imagine that, a forum where everyone can unite for a common purpose -- to share our common appreciation of a movie called the Lion King and talk in a friendly way about things of mutual interest. I'd like to be a member of that forum. Maybe this forum can be just that. Depends on all of us.

Naturally we're going to have differences of opinion along the way, but there are two little guidelines I think we could all benefit from:

1) Be Respectful.

2) Be Forgiving.

I'd explain in more detail but I think these speak for themselves. Discuss at will.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The thing why so many threads been closed is mostly because people can't talk mature about stuff, they just keep attacking on others opinions. You can disagree about something and let out your own opinion, but you don't have to be disrespectful about it.
    Then I have gotten several complaint about Nephilim and the way she post on some threads and I can agree that her way to make post can be pretty abusive sometime, but I think it happens just because she is getting annoied of so called "stupid / pointless " threads. I'm not saying every thread have to have a point tho.

And third. There is very little that seperate mods from members and every mod have been member once, so keep that in mind when you starting to confront us. On this bored just some thing are not allowed like swearing and abusing other memebers, so try to keep your nerves in control and obey those rules. It can't be that hard. Are you guys thinking that it's easy to take care of a forum and keep order in there? Come on we got our own lifes too, we are here for you, not because we want to make your life like a real pain.

I don't want to offend anyone, but look into mirror and tell what you find.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
    I don't want to offend anyone, but look into mirror and tell what you find.
    By what I'm gathering, that's what the members want to tell the moderators as well (realizing that setting them aside as two different groups doesn't help). I guess it's a matter of some members want some of the staff to put themselves in the memebers' shoes and realize that maybe the staff may not be enforcing the rules as they should be. Would you want someone over-bearing on your every word, closing a thread with a harsh come-back that can't be responded to, dealing with things based on personal biases, etc...? Regardless of whether any of that is true, that's the vibe I've been getting lately, as well as at least a few other people. Now, we can argue about it, or we can fix it, I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide as well, but once we all decide to fix any problems there may be, we can move on from there. I don't, however, feel that anyone here is attacking the staff, only voicing concerns that they, as members of lea, have every right to voice. Guess I get the feeling that you feel we're being too hard on you, while I think we have every right to voice a concern, and I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I promise that nothing I said had any mal-intent. No one here said it is easy to manage a forum, we simply stated our concerns that the way it's currently being managed may need some improvement.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    well ok how would you act if you were a moderator/admin and...

1. there would bef swearing on borad even swearing it usealess in every situation and not allowed on this board.

2. two memebers are getting on each others nerves and start serious arguing about something and being disrespectful on each other opinion.

3. People makeing tons of threads about the most random things you can think of or about death of people who bearly anyone even knows.

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. there would bef swearing on borad even swearing it usealess in every situation and not allowed on this board.

2. two memebers are getting on each others nerves and start serious arguing about something and being disrespectful on each other opinion.

3. People makeing tons of threads about the most random things you can think of or about death of people who bearly anyone even knows.
    Ooo...I want to answer!

1. Tell them to quit it before or else they leave me no choice but to bring out my Mod Hand and backslap some fools.

2. Tell them...8 Years old, dudes...Grow up!

3. The death thing I don't mind...the random threads can be closed, unless they actually serve a purpose of some sorts or have a topic...or move them to the Elephant Grave Yard....word!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. If swearing were allowed, I'd make sure it was kept down to a minimum, if exceeded. Throw in a word filter till they learn to watch their langauge, and hand out warnings if need be.

2. Warn the members to stop, if they don't, take action. Dont' close the thread just because two members ruin it for the whole forums, others didn't argue, so others shouldn't be punished.

3. Hmm If I remember correctly, wasn't that why Elephant Graveyard was opened? For the random so stupid threads that no one cares about? And sometimes the death of those people, do mean a lot to some people. If George Bush were to die, would that be a worthless post? But yeah.

Thats how I'd handle it, and it seems to fit accordingly so meh.

~KTL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. While I don't think that all swearing is "Useless", and saying so shows a lack of understanding of communication, I would remind the person not to swear if it became an issue. If it was an outrageous and on-going problem, I'd find a way to talk to the person one-on-one; either through lea's chat, PM, or IM, and try to get it solved. If it continued, I'd issue a warning through PM and not embarrass them publicly, and I would not dwell on it. I would probably edit out those words if they were obscene (there's a difference between "hell" and the f-bomb) and let the thread continue unhampered.

2. I would ask those poeple to drop it, while not actually taking a side in the argument, and if they didn't and it got out of hand, I'd close the thread for an hour or two just to let everyone cool down, collect themselves, and then re-open it so everyone gets it worked out. I'm a firm believer in an individual's ability to solve arguments themselves, without the help of someone coddling them through it.

3. One, I don't think it would be my place as a moderator to judge the validity of a thread concerning the death of another human being. That may be very important to a member, especially if that member knew this person, and I would in no situation close that thread based solely on that. If it's random, I'd move it to the random forum and the situation's dealt with.

Throughout all of these situations, I would try not to make personal judgements on the person, only their actions (as anyone who knows me can vouch, I try very hard to never judge a person); I would also ensure I show the utmost respect to that person and the others involved, as respect is also a core value of mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because Lea is acting like a hormonal teenager at the moment.

Srsly, I don't think it's just reporting, the whole forum's been pretty whack for a while now, and it's coming to the surface again.

And um, everything there is to say has been said, soo..

ETA:
    But yeah Vidan, thats exactly what I made this thread for, The spam Reports that are sent out. Still if you are reported and soeone says you are, you get REALLY worried. I've been through it, about.. 3 to four times now Its NERVE wracking. Even if the report is ignored, you don't know it is >>
    Wellll, if you didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't have to worry- as I think most people here are forgiving souls. Guilty conscience, perhaps?

ETA2: Er, that last part? Joking. :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sombolia
    Wellll, if you didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't have to worry- as I think most people here are forgiving souls. Guilty conscience, perhaps?
    I think in KTL's case, it seems as though he's been unfairly reported at least twice that I know of in what seems to be a matter of forum-scapegoating. I think it's wrong how he's being treated, as people aren't really giving him a chance lately (based on personal grudges), and they're egging him on only to report him later on. If that is the case, which I think it is, then this is a problem that must end now, and if it is true, then it is both sick and cruel.

But this is not about KTL, and this thread should not become about KTL; it is about reporting abuse, and a general lack of respect.

Edit: Sorry about that, Somby. No hard feelings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or has this thread been creating more truobles than its trying to resolve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This Land, I think it's important that people get to say what they think about how Lea is moderated.
    I can see a lot of improvement in the staff lately, but it's getting rather annoying to see that threads sometimes get locked quicker then neccessary. People aren't really given a chance to lead the discussion back to a calm and civilised conversation again. That does create a tense and annoyed atmosphere, and the members that argued in one thread, will probably take up the same discussion in a new one when a chance is given. All it takes is a little poke that reminds the members of the last argument, and it continues.

Of course when things get ugly it is the mod staff's job to step in and take care of it. But I think Pntball's idea of closing threads for a few hours instead of closing them forever is a lot more useful. It gives the mods and the members time to chill and maybe some of them will realise that they're not behaving like they should, thus solve arguements when the thread open again and contribute to a better atmosphere.

Having different opinions can lead to arguing, even if it shouldn't. Some people do need to learn how to discuss without getting nasty, but there's no better way to learn it then to acctually perform it. Do the mods here send the involved people pm's with tip's on how to not cross the line? If not, then maybe that would be a good idea, if you do, and they don't listen, giving them a short ban (if possible) maybe would be a good idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1) If someone was constantly swearing in a thread, I'd take it to PMs and discuss it with them there. If they continue to swear in different threads on the forum, I would probably end up having to take further action, especially if the swearing is that to a large number.

Not that I have anything against swearing. Heck, even I swear though I don't bother swearing on this forum. I keep the swearing mainly offline if I can, usually if I'm stressed, angry, depressed etc.

2) Tell both members to stop. Give them a warning and tell them to take it to PMs. If they don't stop, I wouldn't lock the thread just because of a certain two members as that wouldn't be fair on any other member. Why should a large amount of people be punished because of two stupid people who just think it's good to argue in each others situation? Seriously. Just talk it over with the two who were responsible and take further action if necessary.

3) I actually don't mind these type of threads though I believe there is a chance that I wouldn't really know who some of these people who have died are though they're probably either;

-Someone who is a close member of the family and has died. (Though I don't think many people have been making threads about this anyway. Either that or no-one has.)
    -Someone who is famous for doing certain things and has died though some members don't really know who this person is and has never heard of them.

However, I don't think these threads are part of the trouble and as Kovy said, the Elephant Graveyard was opened again for all the random threads, the game threads etc.

Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person: Sharifu, Sadiki, This Land, Nathalie, Lucy, Lion King Stu, Taneli, KanuTGL, Shadow, Revo and Leorgathar

Twitter / deviantArt / Facebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, I read this entire thread through, ignored all that was said about me, and I was going to post a nice long reply and try and sort myself out a little and sort the rest of you out... but then I stumbled on a attack that Rov had kindly left in the moderator forum, and really... I'm not going to stand for that kind of treatment.

So, without being dragging this out, I'm going to be off now for a while. Goddamn... I'm not actually heartless, and I do love this forum, hence the fact that I've been here for about two and a half years. But anyway, bye. Have fun with this all.

I honestly am quite upset.

Oh, and one more thing: abuse to the mods via PMs.

Utora
    I know you are, you don't have to tell me. Lea is honestly becoming a small place where the little bi and sexual and angry people muster to start issues, and the funny thing is, there are mods with the same issues running the place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, all this drama... I seriously don't understand why we're all aguring. I think the mods are doing fine. Yes I know I'm a mod but only to a fourm where nothing much happens, so the only moderating job I have ever done was merge a thread, once.

But my point is I always thought the mods were doing fine.
    Thank you to the talented KanuTGL for my avatar!
    My Lion King Fan-Art