Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderator Approval Ratings...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Another thing I want to add:

If you clearly didn't mean to offend anybody, and somebody reports you anyway, you have nothing to worry about. The mods can decipher legitimate complains from the petty. I'd rather have somebody complain to me about someone threatening to report to them than be directed to a reported post that doesn't violate any rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Vidan
    Another thing I want to add:

If you clearly didn't mean to offend anybody, and somebody reports you anyway, you have nothing to worry about. The mods can decipher legitimate complains from the petty. I'd rather have somebody complain to me about someone threatening to report to them than be directed to a reported post that doesn't violate any rules.
    Can I ask of something?

I don't see this happenign, but when you are reported, and you don't know it. It gets kinda aggrivating, perhaps send a private message to the person who was reported saying no action was taken at least?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps people are blowing this out of proportion, but I can only speak for my own personal experiences. As I stated above I have noticed a huge change in Lea since coming back after my 6-month hiatus.

It always used to feel like a strong community, where everyone looked out for each other...with the odd exception of people falling out. Now it feels like that community spirit has disappeared from the site and it just comes down to whatever little groups you are part of.

Oh and I don't bother apologising about my opinions, the mods can talk to me if they want but I believe in the right to free speech.

So anyway, in other words, this is just what I've noticed, not sure what other people have seen or are feeling about the whole thing. Oh, and all those mods posting in that closed 'Anyone Want Me Gone?' thread is more than a little unfair...don't post where we can't respond...put it here if you want to say something. At least then we can have a discussion instead of just being told...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer
    Oh, and all those mods posting in that closed 'Anyone Want Me Gone?' thread is more than a little unfair...don't post where we can't respond...put it here if you want to say something. At least then we can have a discussion instead of just being told...
    Sounds like a personal problem to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've not read all of this thread yet but I'd just like to say that I feel the problem lies as much with the Lea members as with the mods. As I've said in KTL's 'Reported...' thread I feel there has been a real air of 'bad blood' recently. This may be to do with the moderators, but only indirectly.

One solution that I can see is to reduce the number of moderators again...the more authority figures that are here the more people feel like they're constantly being watched and policed...and people don't appreciate that. It seems like these days everyone's a mod and you always have to be aware of their presence. If there were only two or three mods it would surely go back to how things used to be, with people being responsible, but still feeling like they are allowed to say what they want without fear of the allmighty mods coming down on them. It's become an 'Us and Them' thing, and this animosity has spread between regular members as well, creating this uneasy air of tension all around the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sonkakee
    Sounds like a personal problem to me...
    Oh yeah that's really mature...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah that's really mature...
    I wasn't being sarcastic, I really meant what I said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what do you mean then? If you don't explain yourself how am I supposed to understand what you're referring to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So what do you mean then? If you don't explain yourself how am I supposed to understand what you're referring to?
    OK, tell me why this was relevant first . . .

Oh, and all those mods posting in that closed 'Anyone Want Me Gone?' thread is more than a little unfair...don't post where we can't respond...put it here if you want to say something. At least then we can have a discussion instead of just being told...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I beleive it should be an open forum, I feel it's unfair that the mods are still posting away in that thread when we can't respond to what they're saying. That's not to say we want to insult you, but we should have the right to at least ask questions of you and give reaction to what you're all saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I beleive it should be an open forum, I feel it's unfair that the mods are still posting away in that thread when we can't respond to what they're saying. That's not to say we want to insult you, but we should have the right to at least ask questions of you and give reaction to what you're all saying.
    Well... this is an open board, as far as I'm concerned. And a thread is closed and a mod or two responds to it, so what's the big deal then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The big deal is that you guys are still posting there and we can't. If you close a thread it should be closed to mods as well, otherwise it's just using your power to put your views on something which other people cannot do.

Okay so you guys became mods, hooray for you. You have to treat your power with a bit of respect...not to mention the other forum members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The big deal is that you guys are still posting there and we can't.
    That isn't entirely true. If need be we'll reopen the thread. And if it's absolutely imperative, we even might open it for the one. But in most instances, it isn't necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still feel it would be better if we had a rule saying mods couldn't post in closed threads...just makes it a bit fairer on the regular members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perhaps WEW. But that's not how things go. And if it is any consultation, not all mods can add comments when the threads are closed. They can only do it where they're designated to. Again, sorry...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's how they should go....how about we do something amazing and turn Lea into a democracy when it comes to mods and rules....

Would certainly bring a bit of maturity to the whole affair and would probably ease all the authority problems which have arisen in the last few weeks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, as for mods adding things once the thread is closed, I agree 100%.

Nathalie

I know it's closed, but I just wanna say one thing:

Mods did not get picked because some people are friends of each other !

I didn't even really knew Mufasa when I became a mod.
    And KTL, you mention Sonique, he was picked by Mufasa aswell at the same time I, STM, Fuzzy, '04 and some others where picked.
    And I really have no idea where you got that little story from, that we picked him to get him back.
    'Cause that is so not true
    Sonique

|^| Well... I don't think I really need to "reconfirm" anything you've said there, Nathalie... But as far as the super-moderation goes, for the people who aren't aware it was done by the moderation staff under the voting process ....
    Sorry, I really just don't think that's appropriate; it's making an argument but not allowing anyone to contradict it. If a staff member has something to say, I think they need to open the thread for comments, as leaving it closed really does seem like someone's just trying to get the last word. In this one, Nathalie continues an ongoing issue within the thread by giving her two cents, she talks directly to KTL at one point, and he's not allowed to respond. Then you (sonique) come in and add even more to it, with the topic still closed so there can be no reply. I'm not saying you guys are bad people or bad mods, but I dunno, just doesn't seem appropriate. A closed thread is a closed thread, it should be closed to both members and staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No but it's not, "I can do some things that you can't," and this is the way the hierarchy works, and when it comes down to it, this is what you are really complaining about isn't it, WEW? Well this is the way I'm perceiving it anyway, sorry. However you want to feel, that's fine with me. Aside that, there is numberous things that still need to be smoothened out between mods and members. But I fear that axiom will never come, not until differences are set aside. We shall see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sonkakee
    No but it's not, "I can do some things that you can't," and this is the way the hierarchy works, and when it comes down to it, this is what you are really complaining about isn't it, WEW? Well this is the way I'm perceiving it anyway, sorry. However you want to feel, that's fine with me. Aside that, there is numberous things that still need to be smoothened out between mods and members. But I fear that axiom will never come, not until differences are set aside. We shall see...

Now I'm sorry, but posts like that just seem like you're brushing us off. That's our whole point, bud, it's like some of the staff is throwing their weight around. Howabout instead of saying "This is the way the hierarchy works" and "However you want to feel, that's fine with me", you actually address our concerns? That would seem like the more appropriate, concerned thing to do. Actions speak louder than words, if the staff says it's not a matter of "I can do some things you can't", but they portray a different feeling in each thread, then I think the latter will be an indication of how they really feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pntbll248
    Sorry, I really just don't think that's appropriate; it's making an argument but not allowing anyone to contradict it. If a staff member has something to say, I think they need to open the thread for comments, as leaving it closed really does seem like someone's just trying to get the last word. In this one, Nathalie continues an ongoing issue within the thread by giving her two cents, she talks directly to KTL at one point, and he's not allowed to respond. Then you (sonique) come in and add even more to it, with the topic still closed so there can be no reply. I'm not saying you guys are bad people or bad mods, but I dunno, just doesn't seem appropriate. A closed thread is a closed thread, it should be closed to both members and staff.
    When threads are closed there's a lot of unresolved issues. And I have offered to reopen threads during said occasions. But if you cannot respect such decisions, then there's nothing really I can tell you...