Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Moderator Approval Ratings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay... so, anyone that's bickering: Shut up.

*cracks neck* Thanks. Now why do you guys continue to bicker when both sides have given what they don't like, what they want, and what they'll give in return? Look, you guys are going back and forth like Isreal and Palestine right now, and you're acting like just as big of politicians. I don't get it, you have this chance right now, right in front of you, to reach a compromise that's mutually beneficial, but I'm beginning to think you don't want a solution, you want to be right. It does not matter if you think there's no problem, because there is; if you can read through this 400+ reply thread and tell me there's not a problem, then you're entitled to that and I'm entitled to question whether you actually read it. It does not matter who is more at fault or who's the better man, what matters is that both sides can get what they want. Now, damn it, I'm tired of this, and I'm tired of quite a few people here; you shape up now and start acting like the bright, kind people you are, or I'm getting the hell out of here because frankly, I don't want anything else to do with a forum that's unwilling to do anything but bicker. We've done a great job showing we can argue back and forth, get personal, try to one-up someone or everyone, deny our own problems, and twist and pervert someone's words to mean something else. This is how every single thread that has any promise at helping this forum goes, and I'm just sick and frigging tired of it.

So look, let's take a different approach: Who here is not willing to do anything but bicker? I'm serious, if you're only here to be a brute and are not looking to find an agreement to a problem that's plagued lea for at least four months now, say so. If you're only here to say you're right, or a group of people is right, and you're unwilling to admit your own faults or the faults of that group of people, and work on them, then say so. And look, if you feel that you've done nothing wrong in regards to bickering, and you can look back through this thread and still keep that mindset, then hey, you must not have done anything wrong in this thread and this just doesn't apply to you. So yeah, if you're only here to cause problems, let us know. If you're not, then quit bickering and fix the problem. Now.

And while you're at it, read vidan's post ^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, pnt. I can guess that everyone does want to try to come to some sort of resolution, but again we're letting our emotions get the better of us, or perhaps thinking that this has become a personal matter when really, it shouldn't be. Granted, there may have been a few mild personal attacks in this thread recently, but we ought to forgive them and get to the heart of the matter.

By the way, pnt, I forgot to mention that I read through your suggestions for improvement for moderators and members and agree with all the points you mentioned. That list will definitely help all of us maintain a level head, to give ourselves the sort of "reality check" I was talking about.

Gone
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Vidan
    Just to let you guys know I have been following this thread. Hard to respond to each individual point, as there's been so much back and forth.

I'll reiterate some things I posted just now in the moderator forum:

1) We have a good deal of very intelligent members who are opinionated and strong-willed. The type of people who would make good CEO's of companies, or future politicians, or leaders of non-profit organizations. The type of people who have good ideas and will work hard to set them in motion. A greater percentage, I believe, than any other forum I go to regularly.

There's a bit of inevitability, given this, that there will be a butting of heads over certain issues, but I'd hope that we (that includes the moderators) can use our collective energies to keep things in balance, recognize differeing opinions are a condition of our strength and diversity and not an attempt to disturb the peace of the forum.

As moderators, we'll give it our all to recognize this strength and diversity and not sweep it under the rug.

2) I've always been of the opinion that a certain amount of interpersonal conflict cannot be avoided but that people can and will resolve the situation amongst themselves if they have the capacity at the time to be reasonable. Of course, I will step in if something has gone too far and it seems that those involved in an argument are letting their emotions get the best of them.

I see a moderator as a third party giving someone, or more than one person, a "reality check," that is, letting them know if something is getting out of hand, just in case they've been blinded a bit by the emotions and energy of a conversation, or perhaps started to take something personally without realizing it, which happens. This allows the member(s) to take a step back and look at how they're conducting themselves on the forum, thereby empowering them to use their own good judgement to take a more reasonable approach to a situation.

When you think about it, there are very few members here who may have been out of favor with the members of the forum (again, moderators included) who haven't recognized, sometimes by themselves, and sometimes with a little moderator support, that they were taking things too far.

In other words, members who go too far are usually not themselves at that time and just need all of our support to return to a sense of normalcy. It's because we care about people that we (moderators and members) will let someone know if they've crossed the line.

Those who have been banned in the past have been, for the most part, people who either never gained our trust and respect from the beginning or, for some reason, made some sort of conscious decision to cause grief to other members without regard to the consequences.

What I'm trying to get at here is that, as much as occassionally we may fight amongst ourselves, we still care about each other, and it's important to remember that. Also,

a) If a moderator may occassionally seem overbearing, then it's because they are concerned. If they start going on a power trip, then that's a behavior that needs to change, and I think we rarely succumb to that. The ideal is, of course, for it never to happen.

b) If a member seems to suddenly change their behavior and start lashing out at other members, there's probably a reason, and it might not necessarily have to do with you. Take a step back before you lash out at them, lest a flame war start.

If the behavior continues, expect the moderators to step in. Let us know, of course, but expect that if the member in question admits they were not themselves or expresses regret for their recent behavior, that we will show forgiveness, and you should consider doing the same.

There may be situations in which a member has wronged you to the point where you can't forgive them, but for the sake of all of us, keep grudges off the forum, and avoid talking to them if you know it would cause a disruption to the forum.

That's really the heart of the matter. It's the power trips and flames that have caused so much turmoil in the past week. Since we're all members, it's something we need to be aware of and work on.
    Outstading interpertation : I'm impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reaffirming Pnt's -- quality control methods... I'm agreeing to everything almost, but there's a couple of things I will not agree to... That is when a thread is closed, if I feel it is necessary to atone myself I will, but I will no longer make something out of my personal opinion anymore... Lastly about leniency on the rule-breaking, I think we've been lenient enough, but all in the same; we will help try and avert the warning(s) to the best of our abilities...

Thanks for your time....

-Sonique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Sonkakee
    Reaffirming Pnt's -- quality control methods... I'm agreeing to everything almost, but there's a couple of things I will not agree to... That is when a thread is closed, if I feel it is necessary to atone myself I will, but I will no longer make something out of my personal opinion anymore... Lastly about leniency on the rule-breaking, I think we've been lenient enough, but all in the same; we will help try and avert the warning(s) to the best of our abilities...

Thanks for your time....

-Sonique
    If you will not agree to your part, I shall not agree to mine. That is how a compromise works. If a member is not able to "Atone" themselves after a thread is closed, then you should not be able to either; unless, of course, you hold yourself above the common forum user. I will not back down from this Sonique, I think there should be equal treatment amongst the users of this board, and not these little games being played when a thread is closed. I'm tired of it, bud, and this is not something I'm going to let go just like that. I'm perfectly willing to work with you to reach an agreement, but so far I have not seen a justification for your being able to post a personal remark, cute little comment, or opinion in a thread after it is closed; all I've seen is a "My way or the highway" attitude, that attitude is something I refuse to compromise with.

As for the leniency, I was not saying the rules should necessarily be less enforced, but that the moderating staff should show compassion and forgiveness in certain situations. If the staff is not willing to do this, then I think the members have no obligation to let the little things go with the staff either, but I think if we go down that road, we're just going to have an even worse place to post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not going to put a huge post backing up what I say anymore. But from reading sonique's post. And pnt's I agree with Pnt fully.

It doesnt take much to say "Ditto" or "me too" So why go into detail when all I can say is.

Agreed with Pnt.

~KTL

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Aka STM (Administrator ) Sadiki's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm not going to say a thing on this thread anymore, just don't feel like it is worth it. It seriously seems that no matter what Pnt and KTL keep going on and on about the same stuff. And I really must say I seriously getting quite annoied the way you are trying to push your opinion about how the board should be, how does it make it any better if some disagree and some agree with you from the situation it is now? I think you two keep going on about this till everyone getting so annoied of you that you get banned or that the board gonna change the way you want it to be. As instance, bot of you would be allowing swearing on board, which will never and I mean NEVER will be allowed. I have asked that from Mufasa a few times and every time the answer have been that it's not allowed and if someone is swearing he/she should be warned and if more then 1 or to swear words appear in same post, the memeber should be banned right away. So don't even try to make swearing allowed here.

and what comes to your last statement Pnt about not agreeing yours just shows how stubborn you are about every single case on this board.

I didn't want it to go on this, but I can't stand either of you too anymore. Congratulations for being first people in 4 years who have gotten me really hate themself.

I seriously couldn't care less what happens to lea for now on.... *is off to another break*

Lea members I have met: Fuzzy, Naline, Boos, Ruska, Tima, Talfasi, JambaB, Sharifu, Vidan, Muruwa, Taneli, Shadow, nathalie, Lucy , Amaryllis, This Land, Daniel, Lion King Stu, King Simba, Nephilim, KanuTGL, Lion_King_300, 2DieFR, Kenai, A-non-a-mus, Eva Janus, dlb138, Levin, HasiraKali, Revo, Simba The Enigma, Azerane and Xacheraus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
    Ok, I'm not going to say a thing on this thread anymore, just don't feel like it is worth it. It seriously seems that no matter what Pnt and KTL keep going on and on about the same stuff. And I really must say I seriously getting quite annoied the way you are trying to push your opinion about how the board should be, how does it make it any better if some disagree and some agree with you from the situation it is now? I think you two keep going on about this till everyone getting so annoied of you that you get banned or that the board gonna change the way you want it to be. As instance, bot of you would be allowing swearing on board, which will never and I mean NEVER will be allowed. I have asked that from Mufasa a few times and every time the answer have been that it's not allowed and if someone is swearing he/she should be warned and if more then 1 or to swear words appear in same post, the memeber should be banned right away. So don't even try to make swearing allowed here.

and what comes to your last statement Pnt about not agreeing yours just shows how stubborn you are about every single case on this board.

I didn't want it to go on this, but I can't stand either of you too anymore. Congratulations for being first people in 4 years who have gotten me really hate themself.

I seriously couldn't care less what happens to lea for now on.... *is off to another break*
    I am honored to be on you're hate list STM : ) I'm glad that you finally put me on it.

I think you two keep going on about this till everyone getting so annoied of you that you get banned or that the board gonna change the way you want it to be.
    We havn't and never said we wanted swearing to be on this boards. IF it was an example it was a pretty bad one. And you know what STM. You threw it out on me, so Revenge can hurt so meh, If I get banned for trying to change Lea into something better. It shows how great the Moderation Staff really is

~KTL

EDIT: By the way, No one asked you to post here, no one asked you to read this thread, no one asked you to do anything here. So you got annoyed thanks to yourself. Not us. Because it wasn't required of you to read this thread according to you, its not you're job to read every thread here, so why read this one. So meh you got yourself annoyed. On you're own time, and for you're own reasons. Not because of us. This thread may have changed Lea's outlook upon me. But when the time comes, and you grow up about this. (Possibly I need to also but I don't really care) You will thank the efforts. Right now I'm probably looked at as the most stubborn and unpopular guy now thanks to this thread. But as of now. I could care less about what people think of me.

EDIT 2: And look at STM's post Lea. "I could really care less about what happens to lea right now.." Ha, How great are you're mods now(This could be considered an attack. But meh its needed) Seems we have one mod that could care less about the opinions, the topics, and the people of Lea, Since he said Lea itself. Meaning everything that is Lea. STM No offense. But no moderator should say that, even if they are annoyed or ticked off. And once again it shows how immature some people are about some topics.(GO ahead and I say I am also, cause I know I am. I'm being immature for a reason, and for a pretty dang good purpose) But I for one. really wouldn't want a Moderator that didn't care about what he was doing.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I must say I'm disappointed, after my impassioned plea for everyone to stop taking things so personally and refocus on the bigger picture that we're still being defensive, still being negative, still acting like we have something to prove. I'm not singling out anyone here. I could, but it's not necessary. It seems to be coming from all sides of the conversation, to a varying extent, from different people, moderators and members alike.

Echoing what I said in my post earlier today, I will ask:

Are we all in the right state of mind to be having this conversation?

Are we letting emotions get the best of us?

I'm sorry to have to point this out, but If we start feeling like our personal reputation is at stake, then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy:

- We become defensive about what we might see as a personal attack and we end up actually making one ourselves.

- We think that somebody's trying to discredit us when they are simply making a suggestion or generalized observation, and we end up trying our hardest to discredit them in turn.

- We see a threat where there is only opinion and we lash out at others, making them feel threatened.

This is a discussion about the broader topic of moderation as a topic and the standards we'd hope to see on this board, not a sparring contest to see who has the strongest will or determination to uphold their personal views. Nobody will win. There is no high score to be had, nor will there be a prize.

To everyone: think about what you're saying to each other. Think about other members who may be too new or don't log in often enough to have something to contribute to this conversation, or others who simply expect that this forum will conduct itself in a friendly manner without feeling the need to get involved in this discussion. Are they getting something out of this or are they feeling only negativity?

What if the trust and respect amongst each other that we're trying to achieve is being undermined by the very thread that concerns achieving this goal?

As a moderator, I care about everyone in this forum. I care about all the members, and the other moderators. That's why I offer this little "reality check".

Somehow it's allowed me to see the situation for what it is, to not blow up, not threaten to quit or become apathetic. Maybe it will work for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After reading through all of this, all i have to say is that Pnt and Vidan have brought some pretty good ideas to the table, both to help the situation and to help make sure we handle the situation maturely. Other than that, I have seen what seems to me is defensiveness to criticism and some bruised egos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty

Yeah, and that's really helping things too *staple*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what? You guys win, you all win. I'm sorry I brought this up and I have nothing else to say to the whole lot of you. I did try to help though, and I didn't accuse either group of any more wrongdoing than the other. I didn't say anyone was a bad person, and I tried to keep this from being personal. But you guys ****ed me over, and it is personal now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
    Can I ask of something?

I don't see this happenign, but when you are reported, and you don't know it. It gets kinda aggrivating, perhaps send a private message to the person who was reported saying no action was taken at least?
    I didn't see this until now.

How would you get aggravated about being reported if you didn't know someone reported you?

If you think about it, if your post gets reported, one of two things will happen: either you'll be giving a warning, or you won't.

Warnings, theoretically, will add up and result in a ban if they become excessive over a good period of time. If you begin to consistently follow the rules then the slate is wiped clean, as far as I'm concerned.

But, if there isn't a rule broken in a reported post, then there will be no warning, and having a reported post doesn't count against you in any way.

So, it wouldn't strike me as necessary, unless there's a reason I didn't think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jeez, can't we stop with all the drama?

Maybe this forum needs to be temporarily shut down...You all are acting like children, honestly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And so the destruction of Lea continues...

Personally I think both members and mods are equally responsible for this....I'm not generalising but I'm not naming names either. I think the time has come to just call halt to all these personal battles and start again.

If we can highlight 2 or 3 problems that the majority of members want changed and execute without fuss or complaint from any of the mods then perhaps we can rise out of this mess that Lea has got itself into. If we ever need the mods to act responsibly and put their personal feelings aside then this is it; I'm not saying the mods are at fault but they are there to be calm and try to control the system. The regular members have to concentrate on isolating a few things that they believe to be causes of the problems and state them clearly.

I also believe it should be put to a vote on what changes are made, and if the members choose something that the mods disagree with then...well, tough. At the end of the day it's the members that make this forum.

Personally, the change I would like to see brought in is to reduce the number of mods by half. With fewer authority figures members will feel that they have a lot more freedom to post their thoughts and opinions. Even removing a couple of mods would help ease this situation...if you give people responsibility they will act as such, if you treat people like kids then they will also act that way. Give us some responsibility!

I also feel a rule that needs to be brought in is that mods cannot post on closed threads unless they are contributing the exact reason for the closure and nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Arn't ther eonly about 6 mods..maybe 10 at the most, and they all don't moderate the same areas....I never felt that there were too many Mods, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by W-Eyed-Wanderer

(1)
    If we can highlight 2 or 3 problems that the majority of members want changed and execute without fuss or complaint from any of the mods then perhaps we can rise out of this mess that Lea has got itself into. If we ever need the mods to act responsibly and put their personal feelings aside then this is it; I'm not saying the mods are at fault but they are there to be calm and try to control the system. The regular members have to concentrate on isolating a few things that they believe to be causes of the problems and state them clearly.

(2)
    I also believe it should be put to a vote on what changes are made, and if the members choose something that the mods disagree with then...well, tough. At the end of the day it's the members that make this forum.

(3)
    Personally, the change I would like to see brought in is to reduce the number of mods by half. With fewer authority figures members will feel that they have a lot more freedom to post their thoughts and opinions. Even removing a couple of mods would help ease this situation...if you give people responsibility they will act as such, if you treat people like kids then they will also act that way. Give us some responsibility!

(4)
    I also feel a rule that needs to be brought in is that mods cannot post on closed threads unless they are contributing the exact reason for the closure and nothing more.
    (1) I agree with your first point. It's hard to decipher exactly what the specific issues are at hand with all the negativity being tossed about.

(2) That's how I'd prefer to do it too, but the job of making and changing the rules is squarely on the shoulders of Mufasa, the owner of the forum.

We wanted to have a vote about an issue brought earlier in this thread (actually a month or two ago), specifically, swearing. Prior to the poll even going up the members and moderators sort of collectively decided that changing the existing rules wouldn't be necessary, particularly since it is ultimately Mufasa's decision about how the issue of swearing is to be handled.

So, if we wanted to have another vote, we would have to obtain Mufasa's consent to follow the terms of whatever the result of the poll is. He may be open to it, or he may not. I admit I don't know him well enough to know what the answer would be.

(3) I probably could have answered this question yesterday, but now I'm not sure what to tell you there. The number of active mods isn't necessarily excessive but there are issues that need to be ironed out. And, I'm certainly encouraged that you feel comfortable expressing your opinion. Not sure about others, but I'd never want to keep you from expressing your ideas unless you were deliberately causing grief to another member of the forum, or exceeding an acceptable standard of decency.

(4) I haven't really stated my opinion on this yet. I agree that it's not necessary to tack a "And the moral of the story is ..." post, and especially not more than one, to the end of a thread, and I don't believe I've ever made a post like that. I guess I've been oblivious to it being a problem to some, but what a few members have said about the subject does make sense.

Originally posted by pntbll248
    You know what? You guys win, you all win. I'm sorry I brought this up and I have nothing else to say to the whole lot of you. I did try to help though, and I didn't accuse either group of any more wrongdoing than the other. I didn't say anyone was a bad person, and I tried to keep this from being personal. But you guys ****ed me over, and it is personal now.
    I can see why you would come to that conclusion. Honestly if I were you I'd feel the same way. I'm sorry you have picked up so much flack from others and I wouldn't have anything to say in their defence.

I think those who are taking this out of proportion know who they are.

Notice I'm trying to avoid finger-pointing (though it's very tempting) since I seem to be treading on a thin ice wedged between the two (or more?) sides of this discussion. I do have some strong opinions on this matter and could easily respond to some individual attacks (upon others, not me) that have been made, but I don't exactly want to crack and become a hero to some and an enemy to others, just try to calm everyone down a little bit, since, as I said, this shouldn't be a sparring match.

I want to be on everyone's side, I really do, but frankly at the moment I'm not sure where I stand.

To everyone:

If this discussion starts spiraling down farther than it already has then I will follow my principles and start defending those who are being unfairly criticized, on a case by case basis. I'd like to continue to be diplomatic about the situation, but it's becoming difficult. Please help me out a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sigh*

It's things like this that make me normally stay out of such touchy subjects and remain in the RPing areas of forums. I come to Lea and other TLK places to get away from the hustle and bustle of reality and spend time talking with friends that have similar interests to me and won't look at me like I'm a freak when I tell them. To see people who I thought were friends and fellow fans bicker about this like children is what saddens me and what makes me confine myself to the imaginary world of RP.

What I'd like to throw out onto the floor first is that people say things that they don't normally mean when they're angry. At the time that they're enraged, they may say that they mean it, but they look back on it later and see that they really didn't. It's proves to be more difficult when one is online because everything is in writing and we don't have faces or voice tones to confirm if the person means what they're saying or not. This normally results in one or more people getting offended and it brakes out to be something personal, like what's happened to this and many other threads.

Also, all I saw before the hate and drama were suggestions. There were posts that were opinions, but advice at the same time for making the forums a more enjoyable place. This being the internet, of course things are being misinterpreted, so some people take it as the suggestion giver shoving their opinions down the other peoples' throats. This is what that thread has led to. Most have ignored the fact of compromise and learning for the sake of trying to prove yourself better than the other. It's to the point where people don't want to accept those suggestions anymore for fear of looking "weak" by giving in to reason.

I'm not very good at putting my own feelings about things in writing, but I hoped that shown a little light to people on the human emotion.

Now, as for the condition of Lea. Because I play the ignorance card here and don't talk much outside of the RP boards, I haven't much else to say. What I stated above seems to be the only problem I've seen: misunderstanding.

And if anyone's offended, somehow, by what I've said, I apologize in advance. I'm only saying what I've seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Vidan
    Please help me out a little.
    I know how you feel, trying to help and feeling like you're the only one who wants order, and only because of that, I'll re-enter this issue. However, I have something to say in my defense.

I tried to stick to my personal values of respect, maturity, and compromise throughout all of this; and I am determined to continue to do so. With that fact stated, I have taken insults, bullying, and general disrespect over this; from the people, lea, who I have tried to help. I am not some emotional punching bag, the things that were said to me were very hurtful, and I will not tolerate them again. If you have something to say to me, which I'm aware some people do, then make a thread about it and let's call a spade a spade, but do not hamper this thread, and any possible solution, with personal attacks.

With that aside, my points I made still stand. I see a compromise as the only possible solution. No one side is right, and no one side is wrong, but both sides will have to work together to solve this. There does not need to be any rule made or person removed from this board, there just needs to be an agreement to work together. That may not be possible, I really don't know, but that's no reason to give up. I haven't seen any other solution that would benefit everyone at least a bit other than a compromise; does anyone have one? If not, then lets continue along the path of compromise to reach a common goal of order and unity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If we're looking for a compromise, I think pnt's suggested guidelines are very fair, and I would encourage all of us to consider putting them in motion.

I'll share my opinion on each.

Originally posted by pntbll248
    Moderators -- Are you willing to:

1. Respect the concerns of the forum members and try to work with us to come to a solution. Likewise, don't argue with eachother forever and eventually not do anything.
    There have been issues with us not being entirely on the same page about certain things, and that's something we need to work on. The opinion of members on how to handle a situation is very important because we, as moderators, can't act in a vacuum. It's good to be aware of different sides of an issue before taking a serious action that could be seen in a bad light by certain people, or a very decisive, final action like banning a member. We can't please everyone but it's important that we at least listen to members to make the best decision possible. And I think that decision will become clear once these factors are taken into account, and we can take an action without being divided.

2. Not use personal grudge or emotion in making a moderating decision. Use reason and a level-head when dealing with a possible rule infraction.
    That's important. We as moderators need draw a line between personal views/issues and the rules.

3. Allow the members a decent chance to solve their own issues and respect that everyone on this board is capable of coming to an agreement on his/her own ability. Realize that we are all human, and we are all capable as human beings of both making mistakes, and correcting them therein.
    I've seen this happen quite often, that what might appear to be the beginnings of a flame war dies out quickly because one or more members realize they were overstepping their bounds, and apologize, or take the appropriate action to right the situation. We as moderators ought to let that happen. We ought to just let a member or members know that we are concerned and don't want the situation to turn ugly. Only if things truly get out of hand should we step in and try to resolve the situation ourselves. I don't think a short back and forth exchange merits a warning or for a member to be ejected from a thread.

4. Not close a thread and then add a personal remark, reply to another board user, add your own opinion, or otherwise say something that would normally be replied to. Likewise, not post such things after a thread is closed.
    I agree. I can't see that any situations where it would be appropriate to make another post after the one made by the mod who closed a thread, or for the mod to issue warnings to members without their being able to respond. A simple "Thread closed because the original question has been answered" or just the bare minimum reason should be enough.

5. Respect that you are not our mommies and daddies and it is not our obligation to obey the mods, only to obey the rules.
    Well, if a mod is trying to keep the peace and instructing you to do something, then it should be because there is an action or behavior that goes against the Pride Rules.

And to anyone reading this, I wouldn't interpret that as "We have no obligation to obey the mods", just that as a member, you aren't responding to a moderator's suggestion or action because they are moderators and "they are in power" but because they have outlined to you specifically how a certain behavior or action goes against the Pride Rules.

6. In no way otherwise abuse the power you have as a moderator or use it in a way that is sarcastic, personal, or out-of-proportion to the issue at hand.
    I agree. I'm not sure I need to add anything to this.

7. Be forgiving in certain situations, even in rule infractions. The purpose of a "Warning" is not to bring a person closer to banning, but to help them avert such a action being taken.
    Definitely agreed. I can remember several different times where a member has misrepresented themselves, gone on a personal crusade, or just outright started disregarding the rules, but changed their behavior after it being pointed out to them, or on their own after they saw its effect on the forum. And, occassionally, people can be not in the right state of mind because of some issue going on in their personal lives that they may not want to talk about.

It's important to separate these instances from people who come here simply to cause a problem, or people who for some reason decide that they don't want to follow the rules any more, and continue to behave that way after a long period of time and multiple warnings.

And, we ought to be able to wipe the slate clean after a certain period of time.

8. Realize that you are able to have this forum continue like clockwork given less-than-perfect conditions, such as the absence of an administrator (or other moderator) or other situations. Finally, you do not need to run everything by Mufasa.
    We should be able to do this, by taking all the other suggestions above into consideration. And no, we shouldn't have to run everything by Mufasa. Of course, if there is something that we aren't sure about, then we will consult him, because the rules are his, not ours, to decide.

Part 2, coming soon.