Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: dream house design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dream house design

If you were to get your own place how would you design it what colors would you use what furnishings would you buy and what theme would it be? in my own place i'm goin do it in a african savannah/lion king with the different rooms being different parts of the svannah/lion king
    i'm surrounded by idiots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm...

I haven't really thought about a dream house design or most any kind of decoration details - however, I came across something on the 'net once, I think it represents a sort of a den / lounge -design, and ever since I saw it, I knew that once I get rich and powerful (MWAHAHA!) - I'll definitely have to either find a house with this kind of a room, or make sure that I can get one built myself. I mean, it feels like a perfect spot where to put a computer on the table and to relax watching beverly hills cop 2 -soundtrack clips on youtube. Yep, that's what it is designed for. Anyway, here it is:

I mean, give me one of those. It's my dream room. I have a thing for windows that go from ground to the ceiling :P

ROCKS!
    Random wise quote of the moment: "Four legged chicks are nothing but trouble" --Johnny Bravo
    Avatar by the awesomenus maximus Saitenyo - full picture here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My best friend from primary school and I used to draw up designs for these sorts of things all the time. Most of it was designs for pet stores that we would build, or the layout of a bus that we transformed into a house for travelling in. But we also used to draw house layouts as well.

My dream house would probably have a wrap-around deck, and it would be a brick house and on 3-5 acres. Inside, the living areas would be open-plan, but there would also be a seperate entertaining/rumpus/games room, hopefully with a pool table. The furniture would all be nice solid timber stuff in a similar stain to the teak or cedar ones shown here: http://www.wildflowerfurniture.com.au/images/s367.jpg and I would love to have a master bedroom on a second story with it's own private balcony. The colours inside wouldn't be bright, most likely pale colours, perhaps very soft earthy tones, but not too much as feature walls etc can be a bit overdone. There would also be one of those set into the wall aquariums, or an aquarium that acts as a divider for a room. For example something like this: http://oldtownaquarium.com/files/ima...pics%20002.jpg but it might not be a complete wall or a different colour etc, just that sort of thing And of course there has to be one room with floor to ceiling windows with a beautiful view over the property... there just has to be

I might think of more things as other people post xD
    That which you manifest is before you.