Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something you wish had been in the movies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something you wish had been in the movies

anything. Be it deleted scenes you know of, or just something you wish they showed

for me..

TLK - They cut one of Scars songs, I wish they'd kept it. He originally sang again after mufasa's death (I have the animated story board if anyone wishes to see)

Sarabi's lullaby wish they'd kept that

Other cubs being in the pridelands in general XD instead of just 2

TLK2 - The never ending question...whos kovu and vitani's father

Singing cub Kovu

a better ending x_x (I like the alternate ending someone else posted)

Kiara and Kovu getting to know each other more than one day before falling in loooove

Im braindead, forgive XD Im full of fooooood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, Scar does a little rendition of Be Prepared after he gives his 'eulegy' (sp?) in the Broadway show and tour- or he did when I last saw it. Quite a pleasant surprise for me, too, since I had wished for it to be in the movie.

What I would like...well, the number one thing, out of any of the movies, is this:

Better character designs in SP. Simba and Nala looking more like they had in the original, though a little aged by the time Kiara was an adolescent/adult. Simba looks much older at the beginning of SP than he had been at the end of TLK, when the sequel was supposed to take place right where TLK ended. I like how he gained some bulk and seemed to be the same age as his father in SP, but he shouldn't have aged SO quickly. Not to mention poor Nala, looking nothing like herself. And then there is, obviously, Kiara. Had they slapped some 'Simba rings' on her ears and tweaked her colours, she could've passed off as the cub at the end of the movie. Following up is Kovu. He's supposed to not be the son of Scar, but he still looks a bit like him... And don't forget Vitani's magical mutation. AND of course Timon and Pumbaa, who are horribly animated and tweaked for the worse.

Then I'd like for SP better humour and the total disappearance of Timon's "beeper" line. I'd also love the background Pridelander lionesses to look unique from one another, like they occasionally did in the original, and like the Outlanders. And finally, I would die happy if they had filled in the many plot holes.

For HM, I wish they had been more unique in the storyline. As much as I prefer this movie over SP, and how a few parody scenes can be funny, I'd like more originality (though since when were Timon and Pumbaa original? ). Them poking fun at the stampede scene, after thinking about it, was a really bad move...though I think the slow motion falling and yelling was funny... The 'Mystery Science Theatre' thing they have going doesn't really bother me, since the two really do double as the comic reliefs. Wish they hadn't had some plotholes, too- there were several during the battle scene that...REALLY weren't funny when they were supposed to be. And I wish Timon and Pumbaa hadn't gone back to the jungle and drag the colony with them...I like thinking they would be with Simba and the pride...

And about the original. Hrm. Sarabi's lullaby would have been really nice, and Timon's verse in Hakuna Matata, but besides that, I can't think of anything right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For SP I would have loved cub Nuka

Thats about all I can think of... and a better ending as you said, maybe not a different one- just pulled off better and less cheesy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it would've been nice to have a scene in TLK where Simba, Nala, Sarabi, Sarafina and Mufasa are together, enjoying a walk in the pridelands or something. Not that that's really a necessary scene, would've been nice to see though.

Another one I wouldn't mind, is before Nala leaves the pridelands, to see them in ruin from the lioness's perspective, and see their dislike of the situation and how hungry they are, instead of just that one scene with scar and the hyenas. Or there could've been a bit where Sarabi is talking with the other lioness about whether Nala will return and then Scar calls her up, and that's when Simba returns and all that.

That's all I could think of right now, I'm sure there's been some other things. But really, I'm happy with TLK just the way it is, I love it like it is.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    whats this about "sarabis lullaby?"

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, more deleted scenes would so turn me on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoo, remembered something last night.

I think, instead of the Morning Report, they should have animated Shadowland in TLK. Then again, one of the cool things about seeing TLK for the first time is that you don't expect Nala to pop up in the jungle, and you don't know why she's there until she says so. But Shadowland is really moving, isn't it? Or The Madness of King Scar. That could quite easily be tweaked to fit into the movie.

Actually, I think it would've been great had they had other scenes from the Broadway show in the movie. For the show, they were necessary- give people time to set up things and stuff- but they wouldn't really be needed, but they'd be...eh...frills? They'd fit and just add something extra enjoyable, if it is pulled off well. Then again, those snippets in the show were pleasant surprises, and probably one of the things that make it seem like a new experience, even if you had seen TLK a million times before...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Something you wish had been in the movies

Originally posted by TheUnknownSoul
    anything. Be it deleted scenes you know of, or just something you wish they showed

for me..

TLK - They cut one of Scars songs, I wish they'd kept it. He originally sang again after mufasa's death (I have the animated story board if anyone wishes to see)

Sarabi's lullaby wish they'd kept that

Other cubs being in the pridelands in general XD instead of just 2

TLK2 - The never ending question...whos kovu and vitani's father

Singing cub Kovu

a better ending x_x (I like the alternate ending someone else posted)

Kiara and Kovu getting to know each other more than one day before falling in loooove
    ... where can I find out more about the deleted scenes? I'd love to see some concept from Sarabi's lullaby :-)

Now for some comments about your ideas

1. Maybe, maybe not. As he has already sung once... and I guess they though that was enough for Scar...

2. Sarabi's lullaby I don't know much about, but I would really have liked to see her singing...

3. Yeah, seeing Chumvi and Kula animated would be soooo awesome! But, I think they didn't include any more cubs because that would've been too complicated as Disney says. Too many characters to keep track on... :disagree:

4. Yeah! Who wouldn't have loved to see that

6. Another good idea, definetely...

7. Oh yes....:huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    definitely wish Sarabi's Lullaby was in it, same with Shadowland on the SE.

I think they should have left in that deleted scene with Kovu and the bug in SP. would possibly have filled some holes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully this'll be my last one...if I should, I'll edit this into my last or first comment.

But...if they did only ONE thing to change SP...I hope it would be the total removal of "Upendi".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What?..Upendi kicks ***....Lion King on Acid...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there's only one thing I wish that was in the movie....My Voice!! I love to watch the voice actors in action on the extra features and I really want to be one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You too, Kivo?

I also really wanna be a voice actor... I've sent an audition for a quite big studio, but I've heard no reply from them yet, so I suppose my voice is no good... *sigh*

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by KanuTGL
    I also really wanna be a voice actor... I've sent an audition for a quite big studio, but I've heard no reply from them yet, so I suppose my voice is no good... *sigh*
    now saying that has got me interested in what your voice is like now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I wouldn't want to change it now. For sentimental reasons. XD And I really do think it's perfect the way it is. :3

But I agree, seeing more cubs than Simba and Nala would have been really neat. (Perhaps the two mentioned in Nala's Dare.)

And Sarabi's lulaby, yeah!

I've always thought more son-to-mother time would be sweet, but, after all, TLK is basically the love story of a father and son. So I understand why that may have been edited out.

(Yeah, hi, btw x3;, I'm prowling through as the monthly death of lilymud has drove me to extreme boredom. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's see...what would I change?

-Kiara to Kopa. >.> I LOATHE Kiara.

-OMG. SP characterization = BACKWARDS.

-In TLK, I would have probably added Scar's song (It kicks butt, does anyone know who's doing the song? Is it Jeremy Irons? I can't tell)

-More Sarabi scenes!

-Also (most of you are going to kill me for this), change the Circle of Life scene. I would have made it so they used the original opening (you can find it somewhere, I THINK in the Burbank or Glendale part of North America) when TLK was still called King of the Jungle. I think COL would have fit better if James Earl Jones sang it during the 'we are all connected' talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would like to see the little bat ear fox in the movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a few comments on what's already been said:

The never ending question...whos kovu and vitani's father
    And are Kovu and Vitani siblings? It's obvious who Nuka's father is, but is Vitani also Scar's daughter, or is she fathered by the same character who sired Kovu? Is Zira even Kovu's real mother? As much as he does look like Scar, I can see where Kovu isn't his son - he's far more robustly built and really doesn't have much of the same facial features.

Keep in mind, though, that this is *not* a plot hole. I see that term thrown around way too much. A plot hole is a jump in logic regarding the rational progression of a story. This is just confusing, but ultimately does not destroy the storyline of SP. Even if he is not Scar's biological son, the fact that Kovu is a rival male trained by Zira and chosen by Scar to usurp him should be enough to get Simba's hackles raised.

A possible plothole would be if the cub seen at the end of TLK was *officially* made male. But this never happened. It was only subnotes in the script, something that the vast majority of moviewaters don't bother to take a look at. The differences in the cub's appearance is explained away as an art change (not to mention an issue with lighting, as well).

I don't think it's just "one day," though. I always thought it was insinuated that at least a little bit of time had passed by in between cut scenes. "Upendi" was just the "awakening" of sorts. Though, admittedly, SP is based mostly off of Romeo and Juliet, in which the characters fall in love within an hour. Kiara and Kovu at least have the precedent of having befriended one another beforehand.

And just to be fair, Simba and Nala aren't much different. They did have a better setup as best friends during childhood, but it didn't take long for those feelings to mature when they met as adults. (Simba has the best "OMG GIRL" look out of any characters I've seen from Disney.) Part of the idea of the romance with Kiara and Kovu is that Kiara is completely, shockingly different from *anyone* he's ever met before, so his interest is hooked almost immediately. Not that I'm defending this, but brief romances that are meant to last a lifetime are standard fare in most movie. You'd be hard pressed to find a long-term, well-developed one in any Hollywood or Disney film.

I think, instead of the Morning Report, they should have animated Shadowland in TLK. Then again, one of the cool things about seeing TLK for the first time is that you don't expect Nala to pop up in the jungle, and you don't know why she's there until she says so. But Shadowland is really moving, isn't it? Or The Madness of King Scar. That could quite easily be tweaked to fit into the movie.
    I agree. "Shadowlands" does alot to flesh out Nala's character without adding much time to a movie. The scene with Zazu and Scar does *alot* to develop how things have been going under Scar's rule, don't get me wrong, but it focuses mainly on, well, Scar. Adding in TMoKS not only keeps in that feelings, but it gives Scar more background for his villainy, and it would give us a transitional device to head into "Shadowlands." Even more interesting, it gives Nala a *personal* motivation for leaving the Pridelands, in addition to a noble desire to save others. And it really emphasizes her heroic nature in general. I've heard alot of people argue that the one thing they *don't* like about TLK is how Nala doesn't get the screentime she deserve for the important role she plays in sparking events into motion, and this is something that could easily fix it. The only problem with adding this in, like someone else mentioned, is that it ruins the big surprise when Nala appears in the jungle. (Not that we couldn't figure it out when we first saw her.)

Additionally, could we, like, actually get some realistic depictions of the lionesses? The Pridelands are a mess and everyone's starving - by all rights, Nala should *not* be that filled out, nor should Sarabi or any of the others. They managed to do with Simba, making him more slender and compact than his father because of his diet, but why couldn't they have done it with the lionesses?

Also (most of you are going to kill me for this), change the Circle of Life scene. I would have made it so they used the original opening (you can find it somewhere, I THINK in the Burbank or Glendale part of North America) when TLK was still called King of the Jungle. I think COL would have fit better if James Earl Jones sang it during the 'we are all connected' talk.
    I think the opening is actually the best - we're talking a dramatic scene that drags people in, and COL is a powerful song. Placing it in a scene with Mufasa and Simba, where the focus is *father and son* would ruin the effect. We'd get distracted from the individual development and get swept up in the overall encompassing theme of the song, which is the interconnectedness of everything. Now, true, you could swing it to have that theme of connection to extend to father and son, bu it's much easier to use that on a microcosmic level the way it is in the movie.

Well, that, and from what I've read in interviews, part of the reason JEJ's song was cut is because he was a good speaking voice. Emphasis on *speaking* voice.

Anyway...

The Lion King:

I like Sarabi's lullaby, though I'm not sure how they would fit that in. [Actually, I'm a bit surprised they didn't animate some of these deleted scene and throw them on the DVD, as is common practice these days (it tends to lure more people into buying them).] But I think Sarabi's lullaby is important because it gives us a connection between Simba and his mother that is otherwise only subtly hinted at in the movie. And since the strength of his love for his mother is what drives him out in anger when Scar's strikes her, I think it's a bit important to emphasize that. It's also interesting because it gives us insight on the pride's "culture," of sorts, which is a nice way of connecting to the audience.

The problem is fitting it into the film without causing a drag or distracting from the main plot. It's placement is really the issue. As much as it would be nice to have a mother/son moment, it's antecedent to a more plot-purposeful father/son moment. Placing the two relatively close together is a bit like overkill. Additionally, it may separate the audience too long from the graveyard, to the point where the feeling of suspense and creepy mien of the setting wears off.

Possibly change Nala's voice. I like Moira Kelly, don't get me wrong. And up until recently, her voice didn't bother me. It still really doesn't. I think she nails the somber, gentler nature of Nala. But Heather Headly does much better at emphasizing the fierce, independent spirit she has. Not to mention that child Nala is played by a girl with a very distinct accent. For continuity reasons, it might have been better to carry over an actress with a similar voice.

I'll also second the cry for more cubs. *Especially* in TLK2. TLK1, we at least saw a hint of another one in the "Dad, wake up!" scene, and then there's Nala, and if you read the storybooks for TLK, there's a whole flock of the little things hanging around. But in TLK2, there's just Kiara, and then the Outlanders. What? C'mon now. At least *pretend* they have some inkling of how real prides work. Then again, with as overprotective as he is with Kiara, more cubs might just mean multiple heart attacks for Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the cub in the dad wake up scene is nala, i think.

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3