Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something you wish had been in the movies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by chaotic serenit
    Zira's suicide? *interest piques*

IMO, she did commit suicide by refusing Kiara's help, though I'm assuming this was more dramatic once...?
    Yes--you can find it here, in Va-Kasi's excellent site: http://www.lionking.org/~vakasi/

There's a LOT of scenes I wish they'd put in SP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did I post in here already?

Well, for me it would have to be more information on Scar/Mufasa. To me it seemed to be the only interesting relationship in the whole damn movie. Everything else was just clich?d fluff with no real substance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Nephilim
    Did I post in here already?

Well, for me it would have to be more information on Scar/Mufasa. To me it seemed to be the only interesting relationship in the whole damn movie. Everything else was just clich?d fluff with no real substance.
    Wow...
    I don't know. The Sarabi\Mufasa relationship was barely explored at all. I loved the Simba\Mufasa relationship. As for Timon\Pumbaa, I thought it was just a 'silly' friendship...it's hard to do a lot of exploring in a 90-minute film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The bitter relationship between brothers really isn't all that original as well. Hamlet has been rehashed hundreds of times - though I admit I'm curious as to what turned them against each other so visciously. Certainly power couldn't have been the only reason...?

I actually think the relationship between The Trio is the most interesting to explore, which is why I'm really glad they came out with TLK 1.5. There's alot of different dynamics to the way Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa work together. There's the obvious friendship, but regardless of the circumstances leading to it, Timon and Pumbaa would have ultimately become parents to Simba. There's especially alot of paternal overtones to Simba and Timon's relationship that just barely get prodded in the movies. Pumbaa's childlike to a certain extent, but he has a rather unique capacity for emotional intuition that Timon tends to lack. Simba's the only one out of the three with a modicum of common sense, and it's interesting to see how he can be so incredibly close to them, when they really don't know him at all.

I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling, but I've always like the chemistry between the three of them. The fact that their voice actors are all well-acquainted and friends doesn't hurt.

And thanks for the link! That was some pretty interesting stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was Sarabi's Lullaby ever recorded? Or was it dropped really early?

It'd be awesome to hear.

Is the SP documentary on the DVD? I still need to get that one. XD I love watching stuff about movies. :O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no, Sarabi's song wasnt written (Far as I know...) just those few story boards. the idea was dropped quickly...

maybe I could come up with something *ponder*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish Sarafina had more lines, she could have made such a great character. :/