Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone play any Lion King tunes on piano & Keyboard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I took piano lessons for years but quit eight years ago and still play occasionally. I have all three TLK sheet music books (TLK, TLK II and TLKOB) and I can play all three versions of Can you feel the love tonight (TLK, Elton John and Broadway) Endless Night and Shadowland (those are pretty easy), and Love Will find a way.

Most of the others are way too hard for me and I don't have the time right now to practice enough to get really good at them, but maybe someday.

The TLKOB King of Pride Rock's/Circle of Life reprise chords are very difficult, I don't know if I'll ever to play it the proper speed, but I really love that song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ya, thats my favorite song to play. i can play all of it now, but only the top three notes in the chords, for my teacher is scared i will get tendonitis

Avatar drawn by Azerane - thank you! :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Lion_King_300
    I took piano lessons for years but quit eight years ago and still play occasionally. I have all three TLK sheet music books (TLK, TLK II and TLKOB) and I can play all three versions of Can you feel the love tonight (TLK, Elton John and Broadway) Endless Night and Shadowland (those are pretty easy), and Love Will find a way.

Most of the others are way too hard for me and I don't have the time right now to practice enough to get really good at them, but maybe someday.

The TLKOB King of Pride Rock's/Circle of Life reprise chords are very difficult, I don't know if I'll ever to play it the proper speed, but I really love that song.
    Wow that's really awesome that you can play all those, well done. I wish I could play the piano better, but that would mean taking lessons :woeisme: I prefer to teach myself though it does take longer. Still, I get there, if my mum self taught herself, so can I, hehe.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Recorded this sometime ago, some of ya have heard it.
    LWFaW(star gazing scene): http://media.putfile.com/Love-Will-Find-a-Way-short
    It's short, but i can't be composing a complete piece. I never took formal piano lessons. So i'm technically grade zero.

Edit: Nice stuff, This Land. And Putfile.com seems useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Shatara
    Good for you ^_^

I learned a buncha songs by ear, its a bit of a talent I have. My sister is insanely jealous of it. x)

Like one time, I randomly played the Harry Potter theme x)

her: Did you just play the Harry Potter theme?
    Meh: Yup.
    Her: Have you ever played it before?
    Meh: Nnope.
    Her: ....You suck.

I also learned 'My Lullaby' on teh Trombone. Sounds awesome if ya put a growl on it ^^
    So teh roog plays the trombone? That is uber mighty awesome, cuz I play it too! First chair, four years round, till I was homeschooled....yay.
    I can play lots of TLK songs on the piano, but now I need to save them to a disk and get them to my computer sometime.

My God Kovu that's BEAUTIFUL. Your very good I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Kovu

Compared to me you are brilliant, really nice,

On my recordings, they dont sound good because its a keyboard, its electronic sound and that never comes out good on a recording ,

I also am a beginner, i have had no piano/keyboard lessons at all, i have learnt piano all by myself, and i leart how to read music through books .

I have also connected a subwoofer and 2 speakers to my keyboard for better sound quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *whispers* Utora that's Shat..*whispers*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's great Euan Buchan. I have the sheet music for The Lion King, Simba's Pride and The Lion King on Broadway. Now I need a MIDI keyboard to play on.

Wait, I don't know how to play a keyboard. I can't even read sheet music. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it kinda helps if you have music score in your head

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Yeah, you're right about that, if you know really well how the songs go, it's easier to learn them
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh wow, you guys are so talented.. I'm jealous. A little. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Euan Buchan
    I think it kinda helps if you have music score in your head
    Yuppy I learnt how to learn "This Land" (gotta love that soundtrack), By just listening to the MIDI file of it and learning it on the keyboard. But more complex soundtracks with more complex chords you really need the sheet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    oh oh oh a girl in my class plays the viloet "i think the name was when you drive some kind of stick back and forfh over some strings"

anyways i asked her play Can ya fell the love tonight and she played it fawless

it sounded azsome

she also played a song "CS remix" that sounded freaking sweet

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My sister has this piano book with all these Disney songs in it (in a simple way, 'cause she's only 10).

I noticed it also had normal chords on it, but since my guitar ain't tuned, I can't really do much.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I play by ear too. I love playing piano. I can play many Final Fantasy tunes, Black Stallion, Black Beauty, Ice Age, TLK, and lots of other movie scores. I love playing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Utora
    So teh roog plays the trombone? That is uber mighty awesome, cuz I play it too! First chair, four years round, till I was homeschooled....yay.
    I can play lots of TLK songs on the piano, but now I need to save them to a disk and get them to my computer sometime.

My God Kovu that's BEAUTIFUL. Your very good I think.
    I dunno, does he?

Yup, I've played the trombone since 5th grade, when the band director pointed me out and said "YOU! Look like a trombone player." And I was like..."uuuh...sure?"

In elementary school I was in band, adv.band, and jazz band. Most of what we played didnt have multiple trombone parts, but I was the de-facto 1st seat :P I also went to all-county in 6th grade, where IIRC I was 1st horn last seat...

In high school I played second seat some, but that was cause Pete Smith was THE Music Man. I was in concert, Jazz, and marching band, however, and my senior year I got the John Phillip Susa Band Award o' Musical Pwnage.

I've still got my trombone (as well of a half-dozen other instruments)...I should play that some >.>

And yes, Kovu's piano-ing is pwnage ^^