Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How fair are some legal systems?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Hanshilo
    i hate the law it is so F***ed up one of the things i heard about over here is it is now illegal to say happy christmas, or merry christmas, cause it is against the asians religion,they are really pushing their luck sooner or later the goverment are gonna lose all trust in the ppl, cause they are making so many bad desicions, the death row thingy, i only agree if the man/women confesses to doing it, but if they are called guilty and they are not then that is an innocent person losing their life, arrested for feeding squirrels, can't they get alife whats wrong with feeding animals... never hurt anyone, anyway life should be until they are dead and rotting in their cells, no offence to anyone here... but i am never voting for our goverment especially over here if i stay here, or even if i move abroad...:vitgrr:
    Where do you live?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Hanshilo
    i hate the law it is so F***ed up one of the things i heard about over here is it is now illegal to say happy christmas, or merry christmas, cause it is against the asians religion,they are really pushing their luck sooner or later the goverment are gonna lose all trust in the ppl, cause they are making so many bad desicions
    I really think someone's telling you some misinformation. They can't make it illegal to say Merry Christmas, I promise. At the most, government facilities aren't supposed to have things like nativity scenes displayed on their property, as it can be considered favoring one religion. Just consider the source of the information and if it sounds absolutely outrageous, like it being illegal to say "Merry Christmas", chances are it's been exagerated at least a bit.

As for the squirrels, the lady did break the law, as it was a law... for whatever reason. She was also taken to court once and they decided to give her a designated place to feed the squirrels, but she went outside that area. Yes, it may be stupid, but that was the law. If it makes ya feel any better, the courts are probably gonna just drop the sentence.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, ok, she did break the law by feeding them, but such a punishment for that ... ?

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes, the law needs to be broken...if it wasn't, then black people would still be having to sit in the back of the bus. Civil Disobedience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in england....

and it is just silly and rediculous, i can't stand ppl who think they can do what they want, it annoys me,,, but then the one thing really than goverment that gets on my nerves is my mums boyfriend he is the biggest pain in the ***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm personally against the death sentence...I don't believe -anyone- has the right to take another person's life, even as punishment for murder. Give them life in prison, but not the death sentence.

So I think in some cases, the judicial system is actually too harsh. But it's definitely too leniant sometimes too. The problem is, it's really corrupt, especially when the media gets involved. Here in CA for example...anytime a celebrity gets put on trial...that is headache after headache.