Quote Originally Posted by Azerane View Post
I try not to make a habit out of watching people's public displays of affection anyway, haha xD
Suuuuure lol :P

Regarding religious matters... just because a religious text says something is good or bad, does not mean it is true. The Bible says explicitly, for example, that we shouldn't eat pork, men shouldn't shave their sideburns, no more wearing clothes of more than fabric, no tattoos, no piercings, no statues, no divorce, women are to dress modestly without jewelry or even braiding their hair (funny that Muslims get a lot of flak for this but it's more or less in the Bible too), and no shellfish. That's just a few things too. On the other side of the coin, there are plenty of Biblical passages that support what we would consider 'bad things'.

It has been used to promote slavery. (Ephesians 6:5-9)
It has been used to promote the unequal status of women. (1 Timothy 2:12)
It has been used to promote witch trials. (Numbers 5:11-31)
It has been used to promote the destruction and rape of the Earth and all of its lifeforms. (Genesis 1:28-29, Revelation 21:1)
It has been used to promote the hatred shown to those who believe differently. (Psalms 139: 21-22)
It has been used to promote the hatred shown to foreigners. (Nehemiah 13:30)
It has been used to promote the mistreatment of the poor. (John 12:8)
It has been used to promote the beating of children. (Proverbs 13:24)
It has been used to promote many, many wars. (Anytime in the Old Testament when God said "I have given the land to you" such as in Judges 1, or Book of Revelation)
It has been used to promote hatred toward homosexuals. (Leviticus 18:22 or 20:13)
It has been used to suppress scientific discoveries. (Joshua 10:13, Genesis 1 & 2)

It has been used as a tool for politicians to win over a mindless public.
It has been used to bless countries and condemn countries.
It has been used to condemn people to a prison sentence and the penalty of death.
It has been used to curse the sick. (In the old days it was leprosy, now its aids).

To sum all of ^that^ up, the Bible says a lot of things - doesn't mean they are good or relevant. People just refuse to accept that we CAN pick and choose what we want to follow. You can love Jesus and be gay, just like you can love Jesus and get divorced. Otherwise, I don't want to catch you eating bacon lol :P