Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
The fact that major christian branches don't recognize some smaller ones as Christian doesn't make a difference to me as an outsider. They all say they are Christian, and are pointing at each other saying they're not. For me as a person outside the faith, if a person claims to be Christian, I must regard them as such. I'm not in any position to say otherwise, seeing as how there are as many definitions of "Christian" as there are Christians themselves. I don't have any valid reasons to disregard the minor denominations as any more invalid as the major ones.
But I do believe I am getting a bit off-topic.
Wasn't expecting you to recognize a difference, I was just making clear that the denominations that do allow homosexual marriage within the church are an exceedingly small proportion and are not recognized by the majority of Christianity -- so their actions do no reflect the majority of Christians. Whether that's good or bad is debatable. Even the Catholics and Protestants now typically recognize each other as Christian -- perhaps mistaken in doctrine or episcopate succession, but still Christian.