Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We'll get Frozen here on the 20th, not bad, but I want to see it in English, and for that I'll have to wait even more, typical -.-

As for the last movie I saw, it was An Adventure in Space and Time. Really interesting movie about the people involved in the creation of Doctor Who, actor David Bradley as William Hartnell really moved me.

I'm also in the middle of watching the appendices of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Extended Edition). I really love watching these making-of film documentaries, but it also makes me feel that strange longing to be part of something like that. Sometimes I really wish I had studied filmmaking *sigh*

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frozen, again this time in 3D.

Reach for the light lionkinglover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Balto
    Home alone
    Home alone ll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs 2. I enjoyed it, about what I expected given the first movie. It's not really my style, but I can certainly appreciate the level of animation and how they've made it work. There were a couple of sequences that I was particularly impressed with.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Despicable me 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lilo and Stitch. First time I've watched it, I never bothered to watch it before because I didn't think I'd like it much. I quite enjoyed it though, I really liked the family-central theme of the movie and enjoyed seeing Stitch's development. Love his character design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Despicable me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you watched them in the wrong order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched Disney's Robin Hood. First time seeing this one too. I enjoyed it, but let me just get a few things straight by saying that Disney was severely cost-cutting here. Recycled animation, score, the same voice actors with similar and same (Baloo) characters as in the Jungle Book and Aristocats. Heck, even some of the phrases were cutting it very fine for similarities to the Aristocats. Perhaps if I didn't love the Aristocats so much and know it so well I could have enjoyed the movie more, but I found it hard when I was constantly finding pieces of animation etc that were copied and pasted into Robin Hood. Still, I loved that Robin actually had a British accent, and he was a cool character. There was one particular moment where I quite liked the animation, one of the scenes in the woods with Marion I think, but can't remember which.

Today I watched The Black Cauldron. Another first for me. I'm not really sure what to say about it except that it was very dark. I can't see any young child enjoying it, it certainly would have frightened the pants off me when I was little, with skeletons coming to life and the flesh melting off of another character. Gurgi seemed a little out of place as far as character designs go (also he reminded me of gollum, lol), but I feel like the Horned King and his little minion were out of place too, I know they're meant to be evil, but they could be people Also just looked this up, but I can't believe I didn't pick up on John Hurt as the Horned King, but I suppose it's a different kind of voice how he plays Hazel in Watership Down, but the subtleties are still there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2, and with that finishes my 4 day marathon of all 8 movies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aaah, Robin Hood was one of my favorites as a kid. And yes, the Aristocat/Jungle Book animation-stealing action was super obvious. They did that in The Rescuers some too. That whole period was a bad time for Disney, the company almost dissolved after Walt died and they were running out of money big time (hence all the lower quality animation/scene stealing). I just remember loving the opening sequence to Robin Hood as a child with the Rooster's song and all. Also the whole tournament scene was a favorite of mine, me and my brother watched that movie aaalll the time.

I saw Frozen last weekend, it was actually a lot better than I was expecting! I felt like the love story was a little rushed, but there is a good twist in there that you really don't see coming (too bad I had it spoiled for me...but I still thought it was a good twist). And yeah, the snowman wasn't nearly as irritating as I thought he was going to be, though his design still bothers me. Also loved the broadway show feel to the musical numbers, it was very well done.

TLKFAA DeviantArt Tumblr Twitter Instagram Facebook

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself.
    And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream." ~Paulo Coelho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Spongebob movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't know they did it with The rescuers too, but ive only seen it once some years ago. The Rescuers down under on the other hand is an awesome movie

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ah, yes, like Kasei said; mid-60s - 70s was a bad time for Disney, so they did cut a lot of corners in production unfortunately... I still do enjoy Robin Hood though. It was one of my childhood favourites :3

And I'm glad you enjoyed Frozen, Kasei! I'm really itching to see it again so I can set some things straight, haha.

Last movie I watched was Monty Python and the Holy Grail Classic favourite. One of my friends had never seen it before so we decided she had to see it, and I realised that with almost every single scene I go "Oh! Oh! This is a good one!"... xD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow, I never knew that about Robin Hood and The Jungle Book. I want to re-watch them now, I haven't seen Disney's Robin Hood since I was very young and barely remember it.

I haven't sat down to watch a movie in a long time, I've been catching up on marathons of TV shows. Maybe I can get those off my DVR now that they're all on holiday break and move on to movies again soon, haha.
    Avatar by NQN of my fancharacter is commissioned & used with the artist's permission.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Grinch

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a shame they were recycling by that, but I suppose if they were having money trouble and it got them through, you can't blame them too much. Otherwise TLK may never have been made

Last movie I watched was Love Actually... stupid movies about love are stupid because they make me miss Pat I mostly watched it because it's a Christmas movie, I watched The Santa Clause yesterday. Going to see Gravity at the moonlight cinema tomorrow night, and then Frozen next week. I'm excited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gravity. Saw it at the Moonlight Cinema last night with a friend. We didn't go to see Gravity, we went to go to the moonlight cinema Still, I liked the movie more than I thought I would. It wasn't anything special but I enjoyed it. I think it would have been more immersive in an actual cinema too. Still, it was interesting. I think the the actors worked well for their characters, but they weren't the right actors for an attempt to make an epic, if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ah, Love Actually. We watch that here every year around Christmas and I love it so much xD I'm not one for romantic comedy type films normally, but this one is just perfect in every way :P It will always cheer me up.

Last film I watched was Lilo & Stitch. Still a great film

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Frozen.. and I cried I'm useless with sad movies