Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Christopher Robin

I went to see it the other day with my girlfriend. It has its flaws, but overall I quite enjoyed it. Sure it's not a match for any of the animated movies, but I think it's different in that the message is actually addressed to adults this time around. It has its charm

We also watched Star Wars: A New Hope last night (Yeah, I'm introducing her to Star Wars so far she's liking it)

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A Silent Place

It's pretty rare that I like a horror film, but this one is so well done that it's definitely worth a watch. It's also hell terrifying, I recommend watching it in a place with no interruptions, and don't speak a word while seeing it.

(Hey, it's October, I'm giving horror films a chance xD)

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ugh, no, never horror films, not even in October I saw a pretty interesting "making of" of how they worked with sound design in A Quiet Place though. It's always fun to get some insight like that, even in films I don't watch

Last film I saw was Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It was on the TV *shrugs*

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Tower Heist"

It was on tv a few days ago. I started watching it when I realized that Matthew Broderick had a role. Also, it seems like I can't watch a movie with Eddie Murphy anymore, without having to think of Donkey from Shrek

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tower Heist is a nice movie ^^ happy ending too, hehe.

We saw "Falling down".
    I've seen this years ago, and Adam recently saw a clip from it on 9gag, he told me about it, and I'm like "oh, that's a good movie!" so watched it.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love a good heist movie! I saw Tower Heist too for the first time recently, it was a lot of fun

Last night my date insisted we finally watch a Swedish 80s classic called ”Göta Kanal”. Now he can’t berate me for not having seen it any more xD

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We spent the afternoon at the movies.

First 'A star is born'.
    Lady Gaga (Stephanie I believe?) Is such a pretty girl...
    Seen her perform live a few years ago, she is great, amazing voice and talent.

I wasn't too much impressed with the movie.
    Her acting skills. Or maybe not so much about that, then her voice when she speaks. I always found she sounds a bit 'nagging' when speaking.
    Sam Elliot, great actor, but I can never understand what he says (lol).

I didn't like all songs, but the ones I did like I thought were amazing.

Didn't read anything about the movie, so no idea what it was about.
    It lacked something for me...

The ending was very beautiful.
    I would listen to most songs again, but it's not a movie I would see once in a while, like I do with other musical movies.

After that, we saw 'Johnny English strikes back'.
    And indeed he does!
    Very light, silly, extremely funny! Were in tears many times.
    Last edited by nathalie; November 14th, 2018 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I went to see The Grinch.

For some reason, I never really liked Benedict Cumberbatch's voice, so I stayed away from things he did, lol. Yes, I'm shallow

But the trailer looked good, animation was cute.
    Unfortunatly, all the funny bits were in the trailer. The movie itself was just a nice movie, and that was it, nothing more to it.
    Off course we all know the story, but there wasn't much funny bits in it.
    Benedict as The Grinch was great though, very good voice acting ^^ (my opinion on him changed )

If you're doubting which one to watch, I'd suggest you pull out the other one with Jim Carrey, instead of seeing this one at the movies.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've never watched any of the Grinch movies. Now's the right time to do I guess, with Christmas and all.

Speaking of christmasy movies, last movie I watched was "The chronicles of Narnia: The lion, the witch and the wardrobe". Still love the soundtrack of this movie so much. And the animation of the animals is SO good, even though it's from 2005...Especially Aslan.

I used to be so crazy about that movie and the Narnia series in general, over a decade ago. Good times...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Went to see Mary Poppins Returns today.

I had high hopes for it, for some reason, and wow, were they met!

I was most exhited about seeing Dick Van Dyke as bank director, and when he finally appeared, I could just feel myself getting all happy inside and smiling, haha!

I don't like Lin-Manuel (something... guy who wrote Moana songs) as the "Bert" character for this version.
    Oh, and Meryl Streep's part. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of her, and definatly not of her singing (she's terrible in Mama Mia).

But other then that, it is so true to the original movie.
    Emily Blunt is very good, the songs sound just the same (well, with a Sherman brother as musical consultant).
    And I was very pleasantly surprised, I really liked it (and I was thinking I wouldn't).
    Even might go see it again in a few days.

Also, really nice to see original Jane, walk up to her "old self" in this movie ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    And the animation of the animals is SO good, even though it's from 2005...Especially Aslan.
    Right!? Just the other day I was reflecting over how much better and more appealing Aslan looks compared to any character from the new TLK trailer

Last movie I watched was Tangled and I marvel over how good it is every time I see it

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We had a movie night at the movies, last night.

I did watch A BUGS LIFE first on blu ray.
    Love that one.

We went to see SHERLOCK AND HOLMES.
    The trailer seemed good and funny, but found that the movie had a very slow start.
    Good British cast, and Will Ferall as Sherlock wasn't all that. I thought he wasn't good with the British accent.
    Movie picked itself up after a while, and the last 40 minutes were better and funnier.

After that, saw MARY POPPINS again ^^

Watching THE PIRATES, BAND OF MISFITS now.
    So funny

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We ended 2018 the same way we started it.
    Seeing "The greatest showman" at the moves on 1/1/2018 and 31/12/2018, hehe.
    Cinema here was showing it again as a one-night-only thing.

Seemed like no one wanted to baby sit on New Years Eve, lots of toddlers/babies/little kids.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We saw Aquaman.
    With Jason Momoa being Aquaman, I believe Aquaman's lame days are definately over!

It had funny lines, the whole movie made sense.

The thing I really liked was, as Jason is Hawaïan, and has a darker skintone, his father in the movie does, and every kid that plays the character up where he is an adult, has also been chosen with darker skintone.

Which is something, they don't always do.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were rabbit"

I've been watching "Shaun the Sheep" on Netflix the last weeks and now I'm really in the mood to watch stop motion animated movies. I regret not appreciating them more in the past. Time to change that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ahaha, Curse of the Were-rabbit is a classic I love all of Aardman’s work!

I finally saw ”Mary Poppins Returns”! And it was good, I really liked it It’s not as good as the original, but what can you expect. For what it is, it’s a really nice and cheerful film <3 And since Lin-Manuel Miranda is in it how can I not enjoy it? Hahaa~ His accent was truly awful, but since it was done on purpose I might consider giving it a pass ;P I knew Dick van Dyke was going to be in it as well and was really excited to see him, but I had forgotten all about Angela Lansbury’s appearance, so that was a lovely surprise! And the subtle repeat of the original music at the end was so emotional and awesome too ;__;

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossu View Post
    "Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were rabbit"

I've been watching "Shaun the Sheep" on Netflix the last weeks and now I'm really in the mood to watch stop motion animated movies. I regret not appreciating them more in the past. Time to change that.
    They are so good and funny!

I have all the Shaun DVDs up to season 4. Waiting for season 5 and 6 to appear on DVD. Apparently it has, but amazon keeps saying out of stock.

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed on Aardman's works being utterly awesome

Last night I finally got to see "Bohemian Rhapsody", right on the last night it was shown on cinemas. And I'm glad I did, it was amazing! It's one of those movies you enjoy best watching it on a theater, it's all an experience.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I’ve been on the fence about ”Bohemian Rhapsody”, buut I’m getting curious to see it lately. Hmm.

Last movie I watched was ”Me, Myself & Irene”. Ooh boy, there’s a film that has not aged well

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Detective Pikachu.

It was so much fuuuun.It surprised me that people at the cinema were clapping a lot at certain instances, have never experienced that before here in a cinema. Also, almost everyone (the cinema was full) was from my generation (millenialls).