Thanks Thanks:  8
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The last movie you've watched thread

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Coco last night.

Seeing the trailers, it already didn't appeal to me much.
    So couldn't be bothered seeing it at the cinema.
    Saw it was available "for grabs" and got it, and still didn't appeal to me. Dante was cute and fun, but other then that, not a movie I would watch again anytime soon.
    Without trying to offend anyone, the music (well, Spanish music in general) is just not something I can really listen too, so the songs/music in the movie I didn't like at all.

I do wonder though, Leor, what's the voice cast in Spanish?
    Since all the original voices seem to be actual Spanish, I would think they would just use the same people for the Spanish dub.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's totally fine Nathalie
    I recently got to watch the English version too, and... I was surprised by how much Spanish there was. I knew there would be some words, like I saw in trailers, but I do think they overdid it (and sometimes quite unnecessarily xP). I guess that way it's more appealing for American audiences who sometimes hear it from co-workers and such, but I can understand why it must've been distracting for people who aren't used to hear it, like in most of Europe.
    I wish they had kept it to a minimum like, say, Beauty and the Beast with French, but oh well >< at least I got to enjoy the full totally-not-weird Spanish version, and nothing's gonna take that from me

Quote Originally Posted by nathalie View Post
    I do wonder though, Leor, what's the voice cast in Spanish?
    Since all the original voices seem to be actual Spanish, I would think they would just use the same people for the Spanish dub.
    The cast is mostly different from the English version except for Gael García Bernal who reprised his role as Hector. Some other side characters also used the same actors, but I don't remember who exactly.

I think it's better that way, since it keeps the accents more authentic. Besides, I do think Miguel's singing is much better in Spanish, but that's just my biased Mexican opinion

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Since they all speak with a "big" Spanish accent in the movie, and they are all Spanish, and mama Imelda sings in Spanish, I would have figured they'd just use the same people.

It also kind of bothered me, that no one spoke without accent. I know it makes it sound more real for the place it's being set, but I guess I found it a tad annoying.

Besides that though, the story was nice, remembering the people we've lost. And I sure do like a plot twist. But in general, meh ... another Pixar I don't really need to have, hehe.

Lea Members I've met...
    LKD 1x, Sharifu 2x, STM 2x, This Land 8x, Lucy 11x, Amy 1x, LKS 2x, KanuTGL 1x, Dani 2x, Dan 2x
    Shadow 1x, King Simba 2x, Nephilim 1x, Naline 1x, jazzybbunny 3x, cleargreenwater 1x, HasiraKali 1x, Vidan 1x
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Shape of Water.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Beauty and the Beast (classic) in 3D with my little daughter. It was her first experience with 3D movies and she really enjoyed it

"Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you."
    ~ Brom, "Eragon".

Thank you for that nice Avatar, Atimon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Lego Batman Movie

Indeed the best Batman movie in a really long time.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fantastic Mr. Fox

I think the story could have been handled better, but I really liked the style of Wes Anderson in it, it's hillarious xD The stop-motion animation feels kind of mechanical, it's not 'Laika Studios' great, but... that's part of the charm in it, it's intended to be that way. It's different to what I'm used to in animation, so that's why I liked it

I'm looking forward to check out Isle of Dogs too

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

Lea users I've met in person: King Simba(x7), This Land(x2), KanuTGL(x2) and Lion King Stu(x1)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gotta watch this one soon. It's on top of my list of movies to watch! After all Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson is one my favourite movies ever!

The last movie I watched is the Rise of the Guardians. Quite enjoyable movie for the Easter but nothing amazing. The bunny was cute.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Italian Job, for the first time in, like, a decade. It was a lot better than I remembered And, I mean, I remember it being good, but not how good it actually was

http://www.bornfree.org.uk/ | http://www.wildlifenow.com/
    -----
    Lea members I've had the pleasure of meeting in person:
    Shadow, This Land, King Simba, Daniel, Lion King Stu, Amaryllis, Safila,
    Sharifu, Sadiki, Taneli, Leorgathar, Nathalie and Lucy!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Fantastic Mr. Fox

I think the story could have been handled better, but I really liked the style of Wes Anderson in it, it's hillarious xD The stop-motion animation feels kind of mechanical, it's not 'Laika Studios' great, but... that's part of the charm in it, it's intended to be that way. It's different to what I'm used to in animation, so that's why I liked it

I'm looking forward to check out Isle of Dogs too
    I actually liked that movie, but the style it's made in, you really have to like it.
    Adam saw Isle of Dogs and said it was really good.
    I don't want to see it, as I just can't sit through another movie in that style for 1,5 hours, lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Babar: The movie (1989).

Anyone familiar with this movie? I used to watch it when I was 3-4 and I remember some of the scenes frightened me a lot. I quite liked the animation though and still do.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    ^ Unfortunately not. But I remember watching the TV cartoon when I was little and liking it a lot Babar was one of my favourite characters back then, hehe!

Last movie I watched was Iron Man. For the first time Someone's decided I need to catch up on the Disney Marvel movies. Meaning all of them xP So I have no longer not seen any of the super hero movies!

-----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KanuTGL View Post
    Last movie I watched was Iron Man. For the first time Someone's decided I need to catch up on the Disney Marvel movies. Meaning all of them xP So I have no longer not seen any of the super hero movies!
    Good luck catching up on all 19 MCU movies! ^^' I'm not a big Marvel comic book fan, but I've found the movies quite enjoyable. I think they're at their best when the heroes come together and interact with each other, so they get better by the time you get to the first Avengers movie ;D

Speaking of, I watched Avengers: Infinity War this past weekend. It was breathtaking! the stakes got really high for everyone, and that third act... wow
    Last edited by Leorgathar; May 3rd, 2018 at 04:40 PM.

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leorgathar View Post
    Good luck catching up on all 19 MCU movies! ^^'
    Yees, quite xD I fear it might take a while xP

Last night I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Always enjoyable

-----

COWS CAN'T BASE CUT ACCIDENTS!! Littlefoot's Avatar
    Body is in Colorado Springs, CO. Soul is in Santa Fe, NM and Estes Park, CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night, I finally watched a movie I’ve wanted to watch forever: Saving Mr Banks

I really liked it a lot. It was a great movie about the story around one of my favorite childhood movies that I still love to this day.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ahh, I really like Saving Mr Banks

Last movie I watched was Big Hero 6 <3 I love it so much, gah

-----

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    We saw The Avengers at the movies 2 weeks ago while Adam was here.
    Absolutely loved it! My God, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, haha.

Adam then came up with the thought, we should watch them all from the beginning (only the ones as of 2008 until now, being part of the MCU).
    Move nr 8 tonight = Thor 2 ^^

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    El Ángel en el Reloj (The Angel in the Clock)

It's a very obscure and recent Mexican animated film, made by a new studio which will focus on making movies for humanitarian causes.
    In this case, the movie is about a little girl with cancer who wishes she could stop time. A clock maker gifts her a magic clock handle that allows her to do so, but by stopping time she gets trapped in the Clock Realm, and she must find a way out.

This is the first time I genuinely like a Mexican animated movie. It may not be perfect (some very Flash-like and inconsistent animations), but compared to other works by other studios I'd say this is the best one I've seen. The character and world designs are pretty good, the soundtrack is amazing, and its story and message is just beautiful.

It probably won't get worldwide recognition, but I hope that at least an English version gets released at some point

- Hamlet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Jaws 2. I'm trying to watch Jaws 3 right now, but it's storming, so that's not going well...
    A Jaws movie marathon is a 4th of July tradition in my family.

We are so much more complicated than our names.
    *Team Night Sky*
    Por favor, manténgase alejado de mi chocolate.
    If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Overboard

Just a nice feel-good romantic comedy.

And I just booked tickets for me and Adam to go see Ant-Man and the Wasp on Tuesday

Lea Members I've met...
    avater = Sharifu